News OFFICIAL: Gary Ablett traded to Geelong

How many games will Ablett play for Geelong in his second stint

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

**** it....

the next person that says Duncan gets a week off......

may be joking....
sorry not joking...
Go Catters

Surely taking the piss.

We can't afford to lose a 25 year old (potentially) elite player for a 34 year old.

Guthrie needs a full pre-season and a definitive role in the team, then we'll see him flourish.

I am serious, so long as it's one of their second rounders in return.
I don't think Guthrie will ever be more than he is now, a solid player.

Wonder what we can get for trading Duncan

Daz, Lady Parma.....

4Q4Wl.gif

Lang is the name being bandied about. I'd like to keep Lang, his final against Sydney was extraordinary considering the amount of footy he's missed.
I'd be happier to see Guthrie or Murdoch traded out but won't go off my food if he goes.
Won't be overly excited about getting Ablett either.
Stringer is still my number 1 priority, despite his personal issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lang is the name being bandied about. I'd like to keep Lang, his final against Sydney was extraordinary considering the amount of footy he's missed.
I'd be happier to see Guthrie or Murdoch traded out but won't go off my food if he goes.
Won't be overly excited about getting Ablett either.
Stringer is still my number 1 priority, despite his personal issues.

I'd be ok with offering them Guthrie and Murdoch with a second rounder coming back to us along with Ablett.

Throw in GHS for free even...

I've said it before. If Duncan was to go anywhere it just has to be west coast. They are screaming for a decent mid and he's from there. And he'd get paid a stack over there.

Then there's the Brandon Matera trade too.

I'd be ok with offering them Guthrie and Murdoch with a second rounder coming back to us along with Ablett.

Throw in GHS for free even...
Too much.
One for one with a pick is the very most we should be willing to offer.
What bothers me is that we've missed out on Hopper, Smith, Stringer is 50/50 ......and Ablett may see this as an opportunity to be difficult, hold up negotiations and possibly hold up any other trades we are looking at
We already know he's a money grabbing little grub

I think its possible to get a trade done for GAJ.

Just what would we need back from them if Duncan goes as the 'meat' in the sandwich?

Pick 2 and ablett or ablett and lynch at a bare minimum. But the club will not trade duncan period so its not worth discussing.

Remove this Banner Ad

News OFFICIAL: Gary Ablett traded to Geelong

Back