Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

We here plenty of talk about midfielders and forwards but who would be the top 5 ruckman and tall defenders in the GV?

adak said:
We here plenty of talk about midfielders and forwards but who would be the top 5 ruckman and tall defenders in the GV?

Kirby or Schotty as the ruck choice and Joffa as the tall defender

interesting one the ky job. anyone know how it will work. is their 3 assistants, 3 runners, 3 chairman of selectors. is there only one guy in charge really. what are others thoughts as i have never seen or heard of this before.

Jake Cowman would have to be one of the better ruckman getting around the GV?

Doona2 said:
Kirby or Schotty as the ruck choice and Joffa as the tall defender
you would nearly throw in a bloke by the name of mark porter as a ruck i would have thought considering he is the number one big man in gv footy

saints03 said:
you would nearly throw in a bloke by the name of mark porter as a ruck i would have thought considering he is the number one big man in gv footy
Exactly. No disrespect to the other two mentioned but he's a fair way ahead of those two.

Just wondering if there was any rochy person out there that could confirm wether the rumour that Rochy is chasing Elmore captain Brian Westley is true or not??

saints03 said:

I was judgin more over a period of recent seasons, Porter played 2006 and is moving on aint he? Porter I agree was the best in 2006 but as I said I judged more on past GV performances - sorry to confuse

Doona2 said:
I was judgin more over a period of recent seasons, Porter played 2006 and is moving on aint he? Porter I agree was the best in 2006 but as I said I judged more on past GV performances - sorry to confuse
porter will be playing at benalla next year already commited

Chance said:
Interesting. Where did you hear this? Also know that Pilling is definitely gone and the Great Saad Saad might get rookie listed at Essendon. Not looking good for a 3peat if these rumours are true. Can we entice fat back pocket back to confirm/deny these rumours?
Ahh... the old Saad Saad to Essendon thing ha popped its head up again.. Not going to happen chance, this rumour has being doing the runs for about 3 years now and nothing has happened, so why all of sudden are they going to take him. He is the most lazy footballer I have ever seen play. But he does have some freakish talent at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe Singh and one other morropna player are talking with another GV club. The club will cut down the travelling time from melbourne.

Travvy43 said:
I believe Singh and one other morropna player are talking with another GV club. The club will cut down the travelling time from melbourne.
Give us the club Travvy. Sounds like Seymour....

So i have heard anyway.

Cats could be loosing a few, aloi, learmonth, sing, tremellan, j Best and contrary to my ealrier thoughts, karl norman could also be on the move.

Any talk of where Aloi or Norman would go, even Tremellan, they travel up from melbourne dont they?

Jarman03 said:
Any talk of where Aloi or Norman would go, even Tremellan, they travel up from melbourne dont they?

Aloi, not sure with him, talk has been back to wodonga where he playede previously but i think somewhere in melbounre (Greenvale perhaps with his bro) would be preferred.

Trem, could perhaps still remain in the GV, and norman, who knows.

LOBSTER said:
Give us the club Travvy. Sounds like Seymour....

I highly doubt Singh would be playing at Seymour. They are known for recrcuiting hard working - value for $$$ players and i dont think Singh fits either category - do you?

Xander said:
I highly doubt Singh would be playing at Seymour. They are known for recrcuiting hard working - value for $$$ players and i dont think Singh fits either category - do you?

Yeah but with Pilling gone, Gordo tossing up retiring and question mark on Saad they're gunna need a target up there.

Travvy43 said:

Correct - shepp swans are talking to singh & j best. The reduced travel time will be due to them not having to train?

Wear The Fox Hat said:
Correct - shepp swans are talking to singh & j best. The reduced travel time will be due to them not having to train?

Like it, but no you are wrong, swans not talking to singh or best. They have their money tied in elsewhere.

Heard that Tatura have appointed a bloke from Sth Australia as coach. Malcolm Noble is his name. Apparently he's been an assistant coach in the SANFL for a number of years.

Noble was a candidate for the Shepp Swans gig

journeyman said:
Heard that Tatura have appointed a bloke from Sth Australia as coach. Malcolm Noble is his name. Apparently he's been an assistant coach in the SANFL for a number of years.

Noble was a candidate for the Shepp Swans gig

Was assistant coach under Shaun Rhen (spelling) last year. Non playing too.

Any news on S Daniels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad