Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

My mail is that Bowen is a good chance to play at the swans, a lot depends on employment and this is a good chance of being sorted out.

Hows this one too, i nearly fell off my chair when i heard it, Singh may be playing amateurs, with seymour still in the mix.

Doona, your question on the VFL thread, my tip, hinkley.

Krakour Magic said:
Some other stars from juniors, some of whom have gone onto GV or other:

Jeff Roscoe (Seymour Demons); Abbott (Kilmore); JJ (Kilmore); Dunn (Broadford); Hilton x 2 (Euroa); Hall (Broadford/Wallan); Francis Peva (Broadford); Petering (Seymour Lions); Jacavou (Broadford - lightening!); Stu Inness (Broadford - spelling? Not the Essendon cricketer, although he could play too); Lamaro (Euroa); Milburn (Broadford - surprise packet); Rudd (Seymour Lions); Makin (Kilmore).

Yes, Doona, everybody's favorite - Jason McMartin.
Think poor old Jeffery Roscoe fell foul of a few of his Lions teammates in the thirds one year and was never to return.;)

Doona2 said:
Is Millsy trying to get $$$ out of the Maggies or something, he'd be loving all this publicity I reckon :p

Geez Fart McMartin wasn't too far off one of the all time greats in the SDJFL, along with those Pertile brothers from St. Mary's . . . puberty and kids development is an amazing thing hey, I was a runt meself in my junior days, not that you would know that now!!!

Chris Mills and Rory Hilton were the two best SDJFL footballers Grandale saw. Quite amazing given Bustling Barry and Jason Johnson graduated through the ranks at around the same time.

Krakour Magic said:
Ahh, the Pertile brothers. That is gold!:thumbsu: . From memory one of the boys got cancer at a young age, although I could be mistaken.

Would have been great to see a lot of the former SDJFL players go onto better things in the GV. Some of the stars fade away (or don't grow anymore), and some of the lesser lights blossom.

Whatever happened to that mate of your's from Kilmore, Leigh McCraigh (spelling?). Came good by u/15s, but I never heard anything more of him in football circles.

Some other stars from juniors, some of whom have gone onto GV or other:

Jeff Roscoe (Seymour Demons); Abbott (Kilmore); JJ (Kilmore); Dunn (Broadford); Hilton x 2 (Euroa); Hall (Broadford/Wallan); Francis Peva (Broadford); Petering (Seymour Lions); Jacavou (Broadford - lightening!); Stu Inness (Broadford - spelling? Not the Essendon cricketer, although he could play too); Lamaro (Euroa); Milburn (Broadford - surprise packet); Rudd (Seymour Lions); Makin (Kilmore).

Yes, Doona, everybody's favorite - Jason McMartin.

Yeah, I believe Claudio had leukemia as a youngster.
You raise some good names, Maj. Brendan Abbott, hey, everytime I hear about that fella that was the postcard bandit I think back to my under15 days.
I think you mean Stu Denness. He was playing with Seymour a few seasons back (the Johnny Mac era I think) but did his knee and last I recall was back at Broady.
James Rudd was another who was an absolute freak as a junior but just lost interest

Jono Solomon was no good as a youngster but won a Morrison. The Clydesdales excellent juniors but struggled in junior ranks. Darren Comi could play a bit as well

as far as gun SDJFL juniors go, although i think he may have only played until the end of u13s, Tom Lyons from St. Marys was an out and out freak

of the guys i played against, jesse silver from broadford bought up his 100 goals for the season one year in round 12 and luke gilliland from euroa was a star. dunno where any of them ended up.

Travvy43 said:
My mail is that Bowen is a good chance to play at the swans, a lot depends on employment and this is a good chance of being sorted out.

Hows this one too, i nearly fell off my chair when i heard it, Singh may be playing amateurs, with seymour still in the mix.

Doona, your question on the VFL thread, my tip, hinkley.

Ta mate, was told last night it was an AFL assistant time will tell.

ringo1 said:
Jono Solomon was no good as a youngster but won a Morrison. The Clydesdales excellent juniors but struggled in junior ranks. Darren Comi could play a bit as well
I remember all those names from high school comps. Not as footballers but as atheletes. They were natural juimpers and runners thus seymour use to dominate the high school aths comps back then. Especially Comi.

Has anyone heard on what ex Carlton player Justin Davies is up to. I would of thought the local clubs would be keen to have talks with him

Grandale said:
Chris Mills and Rory Hilton were the two best SDJFL footballers Grandale saw. Quite amazing given Bustling Barry and Jason Johnson graduated through the ranks at around the same time.
Have to be on the money there Grandale.

fuzzyswan said:
as far as gun SDJFL juniors go, although i think he may have only played until the end of u13s, Tom Lyons from St. Marys was an out and out freak
Tommy Lyons went to Geelong Grammar if I recall correctly, and he played for Geelong Falcons, then played for Geelong in the VFL, and the last I saw him play was with Werribee in 2004. Not sure what he's up to now.

Good player and top fella.

head67 said:
I remember all those names from high school comps. Not as footballers but as atheletes. They were natural juimpers and runners thus seymour use to dominate the high school aths comps back then. Especially Comi.

Comi was kicking bags of goals for senior seniors whilst still eligible for u/16s. I don'y know what happened to him after his seymour days.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started up an old Seymour DJFL thread lads, jump on there as this talk may pi$$ a few GV lads off a bit :thumbsu:

Travvy43 said:

I don't know why Bowen would want to play for the Swans. He came to Rochy at the start of the year because of his friendship with the Bendigo boys, especially Schmidt.

Next year, Rochy should improve significantly with Ben Anderson, Ash and Mark Watson, Carl Moon and Brad Major all returning.

Very odd.

bradrowe#32 said:
I don't know why Bowen would want to play for the Swans. He came to Rochy at the start of the year because of his friendship with the Bendigo boys, especially Schmidt.

Next year, Rochy should improve significantly with Ben Anderson, Ash and Mark Watson, Carl Moon and Brad Major all returning.

Very odd.

Not getting smart or anything but theres a thing called coin and thats what would be entising him down to princess park

Wear The Fox Hat said:
Elsewhere is that Maher , Mc Carty , White , Bulleen , Statham , Ryan etc etc etc etc
I think that you would find that Bullen has already left the swans mate and wont be playing in the GV for the next 2 seasons.

FOOTYBOSS said:
Millsy needs all the $$$ he can get as well.....

His apprentice wage doesnt really cut it for our big sunday sessions at the lawn does it FB?!! :D

bradrowe#32 said:
He was on very good money at Rochy.

The Shepp Swans offer is not based around money entirely. They are trying to get him a job with the marketing/advertising department at the Shepp News.

I think the president Knaggs and Cheryl Hunter have pretty strong links with McPherson Media. Apparently if they get him the job he will play at Swans.

Also, I think the talk of Benny Anderson signing is very premature. He's only been working in the mines in WA for a couple of weeks. He's no definite to go back at the moment.

journeyman said:

The Shepp Swans offer is not based around money entirely. They are trying to get him a job with the marketing/advertising department at the Shepp News.

I think the president Knaggs and Cheryl Hunter have pretty strong links with McPherson Media. Apparently if they get him the job he will play at Swans.

Also, I think the talk of Benny Anderson signing is very premature. He's only been working in the mines in WA for a couple of weeks. He's no definite to go back at the moment.

Fair enough.

RushyTiger said:
Has some close mates at rochy but is still a favourite son at Elmore. Hard to see him leaving. Might be inclined to think twice though due to the fact that Ben Anderson and Ash Watson signed during the week. Have heard rumours of Elliot Bowen going to Shep Swans, anyone have the latest on him?

JohnnyTapp said:
Believe Ash Watson and Ben Anderson have signed with Rochy today

Both are pretty good sources I reckon.

a.k.a. said:
His apprentice wage doesnt really cut it for our big sunday sessions at the lawn does it FB?!! :D
No it doesnt at all a.k.a... He struggles to contain himself on the sunday afternoon sips, to the point I had to purchase him KFC on the way home last week. This week should be a biggie though as I have the Monday off so will be looking to kick on from the lawn.

bradrowe#32 said:
Fair enough.

Both are pretty good sources I reckon.[/quote]

I'm not saying they aren't and I think there is a good chance he will go back there. But from what I know he hasn't signed or agreed to anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad