Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

why are clubs wasting their time with singh. from i have heard he is very overrated and does not care one bit about the club. these blokes generally struggle when it gets a bit hard. what is his record like in big games like finals ??

Bit of a loose statement there ringo....throw a few examples around of 'these' blokes that struggle.

In defence of Singh, he isn't the smartest bloke academically but is very talented at footy so he is getting the best out of himself financially to set himself up whilst he has the chance. Don't blame him for looking after himself, blame the clubs that are stupid enough to pay ridiculous amounts of money for individuals in a team sport:thumbsdown:

FWIW, I've met Singh briefly through a mate and he came accross as a nice guy.

Agree Junkie, the clubs determine what a players worth to them is

Bit of a loose statement there ringo....throw a few examples around of 'these' blokes that struggle.

In defence of Singh, he isn't the smartest bloke academacly but is very talented at footy so he is getting the best out of himself financially to set himself up whilst he has the chance. Don't blame him for looking after himself, blame the clubs that are stupid enough to pay ridiculous amounts of money for individuals in a team sport:thumbsdown:

FWIW, I've met Singh briefly through a mate and he came accross as a nice guy.
he has a bad name, if he was a good bloke around a club he 'd be worth even more. clubs with plans in place dont look to recruit blokes like him want good footballers on and off the field

he has a bad name, if he was a good bloke around a club he 'd be worth even more. clubs with plans in place dont look to recruit blokes like him want good footballers on and off the field

Have just be informed that Singh has moved back to Adelaide and is living with his parents. His old man wants him to stay and work with him on the farm. But if he does come back to Melbourne he will play at Monty

Have just be informed that Singh has moved back to Adelaide and is living with his parents. His old man wants him to stay and work with him on the farm. But if he does come back to Melbourne he will play at Monty
Im pretty sure he is back in melbourne after spending some time with the family in adelaide for xmas monty.. still believe the swans are a chance for his signature..

He has a bad name because he gets paid a lot of money to play football...tall poppy syndrome maybe. Do you know him? As I mentioned, he seemed like a nice young man when I met him. What has he done off the field to suggest he isn't a good bloke?

He has a bad name because he gets paid a lot of money to play football...tall poppy syndrome maybe. Do you know him? As I mentioned, he seemed like a nice young man when I met him. What has he done off the field to suggest he isn't a good bloke?

nah nah mate, i think thats a bit incorrect... he has a bad name cos hes a footy sl#t! simple case of taking the money n run!
off the field hes about as arrogant as they come, and as a personal opinion i dont think he has the right to be so arrogant (hes not that good) and definatly doesnt deserve the money hes got in the past...

Junkie, probably mean more so what happens to some teams that have the nomads in them. mooroopna and shepp swans being ideal cases over the last few years where they finished top or second, didn't play off in the granny. alot of money spent too im lead to believe.
certainly agree that the clubs should have a look at themselves when they start to throw around cash at one bloke, like singh. think of the locals you could support with that money??

nah nah mate, i think thats a bit incorrect... he has a bad name cos hes a footy sl#t! simple case of taking the money n run!
off the field hes about as arrogant as they come, and as a personal opinion i dont think he has the right to be so arrogant (hes not that good) and definatly doesnt deserve the money hes got in the past...

I suppose you could call him a footy S...t because he seems to shop himself around but he is trying to make a buck and each to their own. It's not really a simple case of taking his money and running. It's a case of agreeing to a contract with a club, playing at that club and then exploring his options for the next season. A builder gets paid to build a house, finishes it but you dont see him hanging around to mow the lawns do you? Clubs have a choice too.

Agree with your comments on local players Ringo. A club like Mooroopna could get 3-4 extremelly good players from the Shepp area with the money spent on Singh and IMO get far greater value but ultimately it's the club who is making the decision to offer him that sort of money.

Whats the latest on Cowman I hear he is still a good chance to stay at United I hope he does???

Heard that he's handed in his resignation at his work today and is moving to Yarrawonga to play for Mulwala. Could be wrong of course

Euroa started their 2007 campaign last night. 1st night back for the boys was a tough one in very hot conditions. They completed 5 x 1km time trials.

How were the numbers Lobster? Any new faces? Have heard Euroa have lost plenty of players but havent recruited any at all?

try not trying in finals to stick it up the club cos they owe him money...... leaving a club after one game cos it is a boring town..... if thats the case y sign there... hang on i no $$$$$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

try not trying in finals to stick it up the club cos they owe him money......

Hang on a minute.....I doubt he wouldn't try in finals.

But more the point - why are we having a go at the player if the club owed him money? I doubt very much he wouldn't try, but I could see he may be a little disillusioned with the club if they owed money. Clubs that aren't able to pay players wages are a disaster waiting to happen.

Just outa interest do all clubs continue their match payments thru finals?

Hang on a minute.....I doubt he wouldn't try in finals.

But more the point - why are we having a go at the player if the club owed him money? I doubt very much he wouldn't try, but I could see he may be a little disillusioned with the club if they owed money. Clubs that aren't able to pay players wages are a disaster waiting to happen.

Exactly Tusken, a fair few clubs offer extraordinary amount of money to players, then for some unkown reason cant come up with the money to pay these players when the time comes.

I cant see a player actually not trying once finals footy comes around.

a very interesting quote posted on the bendigo thread.

Always a pretty interesting time of year, seeing who's going where and why etc. Having looked back at the last twenty or so pages of posts there seems to be a lot of people "in the know" who seem to be bagging players for being mercenaries - why they were useless at their own club and know exactly how much they are being paid at their new club.

I reckon my question, and I would like your views, is, who is at fault - if anyone - the player or the club?

See, if the player worked at a Bottle Shop after uni or his job to make a bit more coin so he could buy a house or a racehorse or whatever; you would say he was a goer.

If the Bottle Shop over the road offered him a job in management or more coin per hour, better conditions and more chance of success and he knocked it back; you would say he was a total duffer.

However if the Bottle Shop over the road identified that this bloke was possibly vital to their future profits and did not make an offer to him - that is poor business. After 3 or 4 or 5 years of poor business - you are out of business.

The analogy is poor, I know - it does not take into account loyalty and mateship and the love of the jumper, etc.

However - who is at fault - the player who takes the coin or the club that is willing to offer it?

Always a pretty interesting time of year, seeing who's going where and why etc. Having looked back at the last twenty or so pages of posts there seems to be a lot of people "in the know" who seem to be bagging players for being mercenaries - why they were useless at their own club and know exactly how much they are being paid at their new club.

I reckon my question, and I would like your views, is, who is at fault - if anyone - the player or the club?

See, if the player worked at a Bottle Shop after uni or his job to make a bit more coin so he could buy a house or a racehorse or whatever; you would say he was a goer.

If the Bottle Shop over the road offered him a job in management or more coin per hour, better conditions and more chance of success and he knocked it back; you would say he was a total duffer.

However if the Bottle Shop over the road identified that this bloke was possibly vital to their future profits and did not make an offer to him - that is poor business. After 3 or 4 or 5 years of poor business - you are out of business.

The analogy is poor, I know - it does not take into account loyalty and mateship and the love of the jumper, etc.

However - who is at fault - the player who takes the coin or the club that is willing to offer it?

Easier answer to the last point old Sainter . . . . . the clubs

Intesting scenario to say the least. Looking at that scenario an putting it into gvfl circumstances maybe the small clubs in the past like tat ky and tongala just wernt willing to pay the price to run a good business. But then again previoulsy they may have. Hope you undrstand hwat i am getting at

In the words of my great mate Kamahl

Why is everybody so unkind to me?

B Singh

Not a bad post, but I see it as two seperate issues.

People only work because they have to, whereas sport is a recreational activity that you participate in because you enjoy it. I doubt there would be any footy players out there who don't enjoy the game and are only playing so that they can collect a match payment.

Mate him playin at moama is like you playin with urself, and ur momma is the only person who will miss him!!! Get of her ****** mate.

this is just my opinion. but i dont like pappin one little bit. think he is an absolute tosser. i have played alot of cricket and footy against him and cant stand the bloke. he can kick a footy about 75 m though!

U probably dont like him cos he's better than u. Get a kick bud and learn how to play sport before u can comment on something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad