Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Now the Jake Cowman and Mitch Sidebottom have left United - who's going to play in the ruck or who have they got to play in the ruck?????????????

Can some of you blokes please give some opinion/insight on Hadyn Lamaro,
Cheers

Natural talent; incredible long left foot; great skills; about 6' even; usually very fit. Would run well off a wing, but handy off a forward flank. If I were using him, I'd consider throwing him on a back flank and letting him run off his man as far as the forward 50.

Not an in and under type, although with his skills you wouldn't waste him in the packs so much.

Few years at Melbourne, always in the best in the twos, but didn't seem to have the time or strength in his 2 or 3 games in the ones.

Likes to dish out a bit of lip, but isn't a physical type to back it up in a blue, although will have a push/shove.

Very strange event in the 05 grand final, going off in first quarter and not returning. I understand it turned out to be a snapped (ruptured?) achilles tendon. Questions over this whole event.

Can be different off the field, but we all are. Will be very handy in Melbourne suburban leagues.

Timmy you know nothing mate, dont pretend to either, your a pest and you come on here talking garbage like that. If I didnt know better id rip those glasses of your head and shove them up your ass. I expected a little better of you.

Honestly alot of you blokes need to get your heads out of your asses, you sit behind your screen name and can people for what reason? normally im fairly good with copping crap cause it doesnt bother me but all this is starting to become tiresome.

There are alot of top lads on this forum (footyboss,Tusken etc) but there are alot of twits and I reckon im just about out of here, i dont mind a bit of banter and i know alot of the boys love seeing me cop it (its a bit of fun) but alot you are just tossas.

Anyway im out of here no more posts from me, you can all amuse your selves by pulling over who gets what money, and how big SD old fella is.

by the way i played 14 games and never got dropped for form, ill admit that i done the wrong thing at the footy club and got punished for it as anyone else would.

cheers have fun boys.

Cheers Tige... Good luck down in the Mornington league this year.

by observing this thread i cant help to think that there are alot of 21 and unders who are acting like dimwits bringing this thread down, it is ugly and pathetic and very childish. tige it would be a shame for you to go as you bring alot to the board and i know your a bit more thick skinned than packing it up going, remember uve done alot with your footy from under 18s upwards so you shouldnt have to worry about what alot of these people are saying. to alot of you blokes, grow up. thanks.

Very good point. The young fellas on this board who are only just starting out in the ranks of senior football clubs and have plenty to say and bag blokes and clubs whilst on BF are a dime a dozen.

I've seen it many times where posters bag clubs for being down "forever" when history shows it may have only been a year or 2 and it shows a blatant lack of brains or research or any sense of history of the clubs or leagues they are talking about.

Same goes for players they may have only ever seen once or twice. I know of one or two posters who have frequented BF who are keen on bagging blokes but are lucky to get a kick in the twos, and are happy to be "good blokes" away from BF.;)

But, internet forums are a relatively new thing and maybe some just haven't been able to handle the freedom of anynomity and the seductiveness of being a "BF star".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now the Jake Cowman and Mitch Sidebottom have left United - who's going to play in the ruck or who have they got to play in the ruck?????????????
Cowman will leave an enormous gap, he was one of the leading ruckman in the league. Sidebottom could have developed into one of the best if he had a bit more patience and a stronger work ethic. I noticed that a couple of past talls have been at the demons training over the last couple of weeks. Neither in the same class as Cowman. The dees have also recruited a player from the mornington area that is 6' 5'' and is capable of playing back forward and ruck. I suppose if all else fails then Schirmer can play on ball, he was a reasonable ruckman for port melb prior to joining the dees. Not the end of the world, but if Cowman had of stayed, the dees would have had a top side to make a strong challenge.

Come on Bigboofer, Phil Lobb signed the other night didn't he. From Eaglehawk I think. Were there others?

From what I can gather, he is a full forward. Rochy have heaps of forwards now. They should be looking for a ruckman, a tall backman and another classy mid.

Cowman will leave an enormous gap, he was one of the leading ruckman in the league. Sidebottom could have developed into one of the best if he had a bit more patience and a stronger work ethic. I noticed that a couple of past talls have been at the demons training over the last couple of weeks. Neither in the same class as Cowman. The dees have also recruited a player from the mornington area that is 6' 5'' and is capable of playing back forward and ruck. I suppose if all else fails then Schirmer can play on ball, he was a reasonable ruckman for port melb prior to joining the dees. Not the end of the world, but if Cowman had of stayed, the dees would have had a top side to make a strong challenge.

In all honestly beaglehound. Cowman is a massive loss for the club. Would of been seen as future captain in years to come if not this year with trav out for most the year if not all. How ever i still think schirm is best left in the back line killing the contests with his 20 metre punches. I'd rather have a whole in the ruck where our onballers can rove there ruckman then have a whole at CHB where there CHF kickes 6 against ya every week. But mind you with Cowman gone surely SIDEY_87 will see the light an opportunity and the club will to and would refuse his clearance. If they do get his other tall would be great as do need another big backman an possibly another forward to complement schirm and fondz banger

Bit of a loose statement there ringo....throw a few examples around of 'these' blokes that struggle.

In defence of Singh, he isn't the smartest bloke academically but is very talented at footy so he is getting the best out of himself financially to set himself up whilst he has the chance. Don't blame him for looking after himself, blame the clubs that are stupid enough to pay ridiculous amounts of money for individuals in a team sport:thumbsdown:

FWIW, I've met Singh briefly through a mate and he came accross as a nice guy.

yeah , i agree that old saying look after no 1 i would ******** yeah

Im pretty sure he is back in melbourne after spending some time with the family in adelaide for xmas monty.. still believe the swans are a chance for his signature..

i think he back in melbourne , he left mooroopna due to his best mate ben tremellan being evicted out of the club from a good source

Have it on good authority that Sing has retired from football and will co host Who Wants to Be a Millionair with Eddie.

good one , rumours he doesnt work due to him winning the lottery so he doesn't have to why would u ?

singh the great indian prince is set to play around kerang way getting a fair bit for the year with tremellan to follow him there for a large amount as well, president is a millionair there, not sure what team for tho.

barnrald i think he signed for :D $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and alot more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad