Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Dom Russo is a good young footballer, i played junior football with him and im glad to see hes pushed on to play 1s at seymour, doesnt matter if players have left the club or then posing hypothetical questions of if this player came back he wouldnt get a game? a good saying is, "its not where your from, its where your at!" and doms at a good place right now n thats bobbing up each week kicking a couple of goals here n there, i dont know what the role of his game is expected at seymour and around the league but id say hes doing well enough.
also on another note, congradulations to mick barlow for making the goulburn valley rep squad, he is a YOUNG GUN no doubt bout that! big birds killing them from all reports.

Dom Russo is a good young footballer, i played junior football with him and im glad to see hes pushed on to play 1s at seymour, doesnt matter if players have left the club or then posing hypothetical questions of if this player came back he wouldnt get a game? a good saying is, "its not where your from, its where your at!" and doms at a good place right now n thats bobbing up each week kicking a couple of goals here n there, i dont know what the role of his game is expected at seymour and around the league but id say hes doing well enough.
also on another note, congradulations to mick barlow for making the goulburn valley rep squad, he is a YOUNG GUN no doubt bout that! big birds killing them from all reports.

Guys i think there has been enough post on Dom Russo think every one is getting sick of you guys posting how good he is or how bad you think he is, make some consturctive comments and keep ya suilking about it else where, let the kid prove him self on the field and then slam him or give him a rap, an as in other post you are saying he should be droped or kept there if he is worthy of his spot he will hold it let his performence speak for it self cheers

Got word of this one a fortnight or so back from a former Lion (excellent mail mate :thumbsu: )

Collins signing a boon for Hawks

By Rob Harris

May 25 2007
Shepparton News

Former Melbourne grand final player and Seymour premiership star Matt Collins has joined Barooga in a major mid-season coup for the Murray Football League premiership aspirant.

Collins, who played 43 games for Adelaide and Melbourne, is expected to line-up for the Hawks when they next take to the field against Tongala in round 10.

Hawks coach Matt Byers confirmed the star's signature yesterday, giving credit to his teammate Gerard Liddell for coaxing the dangerous forward out of retirement.

"It's pretty exciting actually and I think it's going to help our side a lot," Byers said.

"We went down and met with him on Tuesday night and he's really keen to come on board, which is great.

"Gerard Liddell obviously became pretty good mates with him while they were together at Seymour and he's been nagging away at him I think."

Collins joined Seymour alongside 10 ex-AFL/VFL players in 2004 and spent two injury-interrupted seasons with the Goulburn Valley club before retiring last year.

His underachieving career was cursed with bad luck, missing many matches through injury.

He had chronic arm and wrist complaints at the Demons, as well as a broken leg and bad back.

When he did get it all right, Collins, 27, was a key defender in Melbourne's 2000 grand final team, keeping Essendon star Scott Lucas quiet on the grand stage of the MCG.

"I just think his experience to pass on to the young guys and even some of the older guys is going to be fantastic," Byers said.

With successive byes, the Hawks have the chance to get full-forward Sean Harrap (AC joint), midfielder David Tough (hamstring) and Liddell (ankle) right before their next game on June 9.

Anyone know whats happening with Shepp Swans and the Tim Looby transfer fiasco?? Heard they have lost all their points for this season!!! Hope its true!! Love to see a rich club fall down!!!

Anyone know whats happening with Shepp Swans and the Tim Looby transfer fiasco?? Heard they have lost all their points for this season!!! Hope its true!! Love to see a rich club fall down!!!

they lost one lot of 4 points when they gave euroa a flogging and were fined a grand, euroa ended up with the points

they lost one lot of 4 points when they gave euroa a flogging and were fined a grand, euroa ended up with the points

i know i aint the biggest fan of euroa which has been stated in previous pages of this thread.
But rules are rules and if tim looby wasnt supposed to play thems are the breaks. but after hearing the news on the ruling of the allocation of points, was there a leak of news that lead to this situation.
And just a query have many clubs done it over the years?
played players that wernt allowed to play, people prob wont say but have they done it?

Got word of this one a fortnight or so back from a former Lion (excellent mail mate :thumbsu: )

Collins signing a boon for Hawks

By Rob Harris

May 25 2007
Shepparton News

Former Melbourne grand final player and Seymour premiership star Matt Collins has joined Barooga in a major mid-season coup for the Murray Football League premiership aspirant.

Collins, who played 43 games for Adelaide and Melbourne, is expected to line-up for the Hawks when they next take to the field against Tongala in round 10.

Hawks coach Matt Byers confirmed the star's signature yesterday, giving credit to his teammate Gerard Liddell for coaxing the dangerous forward out of retirement.

"It's pretty exciting actually and I think it's going to help our side a lot," Byers said.

"We went down and met with him on Tuesday night and he's really keen to come on board, which is great.

"Gerard Liddell obviously became pretty good mates with him while they were together at Seymour and he's been nagging away at him I think."

Collins joined Seymour alongside 10 ex-AFL/VFL players in 2004 and spent two injury-interrupted seasons with the Goulburn Valley club before retiring last year.

His underachieving career was cursed with bad luck, missing many matches through injury.

He had chronic arm and wrist complaints at the Demons, as well as a broken leg and bad back.

When he did get it all right, Collins, 27, was a key defender in Melbourne's 2000 grand final team, keeping Essendon star Scott Lucas quiet on the grand stage of the MCG.

"I just think his experience to pass on to the young guys and even some of the older guys is going to be fantastic," Byers said.

With successive byes, the Hawks have the chance to get full-forward Sean Harrap (AC joint), midfielder David Tough (hamstring) and Liddell (ankle) right before their next game on June 9.[/quote

Did collo play in there grand finals the past few years

i know i aint the biggest fan of euroa which has been stated in previous pages of this thread.
But rules are rules and if tim looby wasnt supposed to play thems are the breaks. but after hearing the news on the ruling of the allocation of points, was there a leak of news that lead to this situation.
And just a query have many clubs done it over the years?
played players that wernt allowed to play, people prob wont say but have they done it?

I think the main thing in this case is that the GVFL passed and signed off on the rego of Looby so the Swans have done everything right and above board. It is interesting that the VCFL can impose a penalty on the Swans when they didn't do anything wrong, it seems it was an admin error from the GVFL league its self.

I think the main thing in this case is that the GVFL passed and signed off on the rego of Looby so the Swans have done everything right and above board. It is interesting that the VCFL can impose a penalty on the Swans when they didn't do anything wrong, it seems it was an admin error from the GVFL league its self.
not sure but has the qestion been asked did money change hands btween looby and pt melb,if so where the swans aware of it, also if money did change hands does this make the contract more binding, not sure just asking the question

not sure but has the qestion been asked did money change hands btween looby and pt melb,if so where the swans aware of it, also if money did change hands does this make the contract more binding, not sure just asking the question

My source told me that Port promised to find Looby a job when he joined from SA, but when they didn't he decided to go back to Shepp, because the Swans would do what Port hadn't.

Not sure if any money changed hands.

While i'm not a big swans fan or the way they go about things, they went by the book and it does look like an admin error by the GV and therefor they shouldn't be penalised.

Also i know a hundred cases of club playing ineligible players under false names etc ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alan Sutherland (spelling) was on fm 98.5 this morning giving the Swans side of events. Was quite interesting to hear. In summary Looby had signed a contract with Port Melb but was not registered, there was an amount for a bond outstanding and he as soon as he heard wanted to drive from Shepp to Port Melb to sort it out but Port weren't interested. They are appealing and they felt that the league (VCFL) didn't appoint a fair tribunal bench as the advocate who is suppose to offer advice to the clubs of the league was the chair along with his two mate who all traveled together. The club had advice from a Solicitor that there was no case to answer as too the advice given to the league. They are prepared to fight the matter in court if they feel they haven't had a fair hearing.

My source told me that Port promised to find Looby a job when he joined from SA, but when they didn't he decided to go back to Shepp, because the Swans would do what Port hadn't.

Not sure if any money changed hands.

While i'm not a big swans fan or the way they go about things, they went by the book and it does look like an admin error by the GV and therefor they shouldn't be penalised.

Also i know a hundred cases of club playing ineligible players under false names etc ..

Can you please name the LR??

[/B]

Can you please name the LR??

if you expect me to name a hundred then you're kidding yourself. I used it as a round figure.

You can't tell me that you don't know of any.

It happens all the time in two's footy, where you get a mate of a player to fill in cause you're short and they play under another blokes name.

I've done it myself down on the peninsula .. (no point in signing up a bloke who can't get a kick in a karate fight.)

gday guys pretty big rumour flying around moroopna that they have signed a young bloke by the name of r.hocking only 18 plays for the bullants, bout 6.4 probably one of the better players(young) at the bullants, my source who is very credible say hes on large amounts of money, he played against tatura and dominated their ruckman few weeks back, can anyone give any more info on this rumour???

Seniors

Ovens & Murray FL 4.4 5.5 1.1 2.0 (12.10) d. Goulburn Valley FL 4.0 2.2 1.2 5.3 (12.7)
Goals
Ovens & Murray FL CRAIG EDNIE 2, BRENDAN PAGE 2, TIMOTHY HARGREAVES 2, MARCUS MCMILLAN 2, SCOTT OSWALD 2, LANCE OSWALD 1, KADE STEVENS 1
Goulburn Valley FL SAAD SAAD 4, PAUL NEWMAN 2, SAM DAWES 2, PAUL SCANLON 1, MATT FORYS 1, DUANE HUESTON 1, MATHEW PASCOE 1
Best
Ovens & Murray FL SCOTT OSWALD, KADE STEVENS, XAVIER LESLIE, DANIEL LESLIE, AYDAN BROWN, LANCE OSWALD
Goulburn Valley FL PAUL SCANLON, COLIN DURIE, MATTHEW O'KEEFE, NICHOLAS ALLAN, MICHAEL BARLOW, TIM HOOPER, TIM LOOBY

Under 18's
Ovens & Murray FL 8.2 4.1 2.3 0.2 (14.8) d. Goulburn Valley FL 3.1 2.2 1.4 3.0 (9.7)
Goals
Ovens & Murray FL NATHAN WAITE 4, JACK PRICE 3, ZACHARY JONES 2, KURT BRADSHAW 2, JAMES BRAIN 1, NICHOLAS CARTER 1, JOSHUA HAMILTON 1
Goulburn Valley FL FARRAN PRIEST 3, MATTHEW RENDINA 2, ANDREW GREEN 1, JOSHUA STRACHAN 1, BRADEN PULLEN 1, DAVID FERRIER 1
Best
Ovens & Murray FL NICHOLAS CARTER, JOSHUA HAMILTON, MATTHEW FLYNN, LUKE SVARC, JACK PRICE
Goulburn Valley FL BRADLEY CUNNINGHAM, ADAM BOSHEVSKI, BRENDEN KEAST, MATTHEW RENDINA, THOMAS ROCKLIFF

Alan Sutherland (spelling) was on fm 98.5 this morning giving the Swans side of events. Was quite interesting to hear. In summary Looby had signed a contract with Port Melb but was not registered, there was an amount for a bond outstanding and he as soon as he heard wanted to drive from Shepp to Port Melb to sort it out but Port weren't interested. They are appealing and they felt that the league (VCFL) didn't appoint a fair tribunal bench as the advocate who is suppose to offer advice to the clubs of the league was the chair along with his two mate who all traveled together. The club had advice from a Solicitor that there was no case to answer as too the advice given to the league. They are prepared to fight the matter in court if they feel they haven't had a fair hearing.

Contract and registration are the same thing in the VFL. Sign one you automatically sign the other.

Seniors

Ovens & Murray FL 4.4 5.5 1.1 2.0 (12.10) d. Goulburn Valley FL 4.0 2.2 1.2 5.3 (12.7)
Goals
Ovens & Murray FL CRAIG EDNIE 2, BRENDAN PAGE 2, TIMOTHY HARGREAVES 2, MARCUS MCMILLAN 2, SCOTT OSWALD 2, LANCE OSWALD 1, KADE STEVENS 1
Goulburn Valley FL SAAD SAAD 4, PAUL NEWMAN 2, SAM DAWES 2, PAUL SCANLON 1, MATT FORYS 1, DUANE HUESTON 1, MATHEW PASCOE 1
Best
Ovens & Murray FL SCOTT OSWALD, KADE STEVENS, XAVIER LESLIE, DANIEL LESLIE, AYDAN BROWN, LANCE OSWALD
Goulburn Valley FL PAUL SCANLON, COLIN DURIE, MATTHEW O'KEEFE, NICHOLAS ALLAN, MICHAEL BARLOW, TIM HOOPER, TIM LOOBY

Under 18's
Ovens & Murray FL 8.2 4.1 2.3 0.2 (14.8) d. Goulburn Valley FL 3.1 2.2 1.4 3.0 (9.7)
Goals
Ovens & Murray FL NATHAN WAITE 4, JACK PRICE 3, ZACHARY JONES 2, KURT BRADSHAW 2, JAMES BRAIN 1, NICHOLAS CARTER 1, JOSHUA HAMILTON 1
Goulburn Valley FL FARRAN PRIEST 3, MATTHEW RENDINA 2, ANDREW GREEN 1, JOSHUA STRACHAN 1, BRADEN PULLEN 1, DAVID FERRIER 1
Best
Ovens & Murray FL NICHOLAS CARTER, JOSHUA HAMILTON, MATTHEW FLYNN, LUKE SVARC, JACK PRICE
Goulburn Valley FL BRADLEY CUNNINGHAM, ADAM BOSHEVSKI, BRENDEN KEAST, MATTHEW RENDINA, THOMAS ROCKLIFF

Any kyabram players play in the interleague team?

Interesting story out of Rochester:

Tigers sitting in sixth position
May 29 2007
Campaspe News

After round six, Rochester is sitting in sixth spot on the Goulburn Valley Football League ladder with a three and three win/loss ratio.
On Saturday, they face the undefeated Shepparton United at Deakin Reserve and a loss could see them drop out of the six.

The Tigers have yet to play to their full potential for more than a quarter each game.

The Tigers' forward structure has the ability to kick winning scores, if the ball gets into the forward line quickly and effectively.

With Elliot Bowen, Anthony McPhee, Phil Lobb and Clint Whitsed up forward, the Tigers have the necessary marking power and body strength to test any Goulburn Valley team.

The Tigers need to get it right further up the field, around the stoppages and centre bounces and across half back.

If the ripplings are right that Sammy Brennan will be back in the Tigers colours within weeks, it could not come at a better time and it would change the structure of the line-up.

In the games the Tigers have lost, they have had trouble around the stoppages and centre bounces.

Brennan would go a long way in changing this and give the onballers and midfielders first use of the ball, allowing quick delivery into the potent forward structure.

Ben Anderson has worked tirelessly in the ruck but needs support and the Tigers need strength and aggression once the ball hits the turf.

The Tigers have classy, fast and elusive onballers in Ash Watson, Dean Moon, Heath Aitken and Scott Hann and, once the ball can be cleared away from the packs, all have the skill and ability to carve up opposition sides.

Rochester may look at adding more pace in their back half to assist Oliver, who is having a consistent season.

The Tigers must settle the back six fairly quickly and allow the players to gain knowledge and confidence in each other.

Daniel Schmidt has missed the past two games with an injury and there is no doubt the Tigers have missed him.

Schmidt is a ball carrier, along with Nick Knight and Matt Hyden.

The Tigers have some players who are down on confidence and they need to take some risks.

Confidence will come if they are prepared to take their opportunities and work hard with aggression, hard running and effective use of the football.

The Tigers need to dare their opposition players to match their attacking game plan.

If Brennan played that would be as big a pick up as Ash Watson or Ben Anderson. The bloke just bleeds for the footy club and has a massive heart. Would be great to see him back at tigerland. Possibly one of the best ruckmen going around in last few years if i have my facts right?

If Brennan played that would be as big a pick up as Ash Watson or Ben Anderson. The bloke just bleeds for the footy club and has a massive heart. Would be great to see him back at tigerland. Possibly one of the best ruckmen going around in last few years if i have my facts right?

Who is Danny Ponting that has just been cleared from Tally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad