Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Don't blame Echuca for trying everything they can to get him this year. However, I don't think he should be allowed to play in finals, a month out, has not played a game at the club this year. Shouldn't matter that he is a top player who has won a medal. Rules are rules, special circumstances should surely include more then what was outlined in the shepp news story on his return. I agree with JR from 98.5 footy show - he should not be able to play this year. The league can improve their profile next year when he is registered. I go to the footy to watch my team, very few people outside of Echuca would turn up to just watch them just because he is a past medal winner as is playing. CP from the footy show must have rocks in her head if she believes that hundreds of extra people will be drawn throught the gates because he is in the side. This is about equality and equity - the current rules are there to protect tthis for he clubs. Well done JR for saying what all club administrators are too scared to say.

He won't be allowed to play, everyone will be told in the next few days what we all already thought.
Murray Bombers still travelling very well anyway!!!!

You are right no left foot...my mail appears to be wrong, Archard won't play. Got this wrong but will be at Echuca FC next year.

Not as wrong as the mail by kurt_11 that he was going to be at the Swans next year.

I wouldn't worry about kurt_11, he's a serial s**t stirrer. God red carded yesterday for starting a thread just to bag a young GV fella who made the Vic Country under 16s this year.

Couple of interesting articles today:

Archard will have to wait
Wednesday, 15th August 2007

Archard will have to wait Echuca's dream of having Morrison medallist Rhys Archard back for its tilt at a flag are all but over with the AFL giving verbal advice he is unable to play.

Victorian Country Football League north east area manager John O'Donohue confirmed yesterday he had been told by the AFL that Archard would not be officially delisted until October 31, meaning he would be unable to suit-up for Echuca before next season.

"The special provisions don't apply in this case," O'Donohue said.
"He's still a listed rookie player for the Adelaide Crows.
"Even though he's been given permission to leave, he can only play for his interchange club which is South Adelaide."

O'Donohue said Archard, who is no longer contacted with South Adelaide, would have to undertake the normal transfer process next year to play for Echuca.

He said there was no avenue for Echuca to appeal the decision.
Murray Bombers president Leo Welch said the club was still hopeful of a positive outcome.

"While there's been a verbal response, we're still waiting for the AFL's decision to come back, which we're hopeful will come back to a league level," Welch said.

Echuca had been hopeful Archard would fall under the special provisions conditions of the AFL's transfer regulations, which would give scope for him to be released to Echuca.

Under current rules, when a player is picked up by an AFL club their contract with their previous team becomes void, meaning Archard is no longer contracted to South Adelaide.

But when a player is delisted by an AFL club they default to their previous registration, which in Archard's case is the Panthers.
Because his request for a transfer is outside the June 30 cut-off he now has to wait until next season.

Points of contention

Points of contention The player points system is officially off the agenda after the Goulburn Valley Football League board last week decided not to adopt the measure for next year.

At a delegates' meeting last month league chairman Ian Fitzsimmons made a casting vote to give the concept further consideration following a tied vote, but after additional reflection joined the rest of the board in shelving the idea for now.

"Part of it was harmony," league general manager Eric Bott said of the board's decision.
"The vote was half the clubs against and we can't say the others were for the point system, they just wanted further investigation."
Bott said the concept could be reassessed at a later date.
"There are underlying principles that are pretty sound, (so) if the clubs wish to bring it forward again they can," he said.

"But it seemed to me that by locking clubs into points it would be divisive."
Other Victorian leagues including the Yarra Valley Mountain District Football League will push ahead with the concept and are scheduled to roll out the system next season after successful trials.

At the delegates' meeting attended by eight of the 12 league clubs, Euroa, Swans, Echuca and Mansfield voted not to adopt the system, while Benalla, United, Kyabram and Rochester were happy to give the concept time to breathe.

The points system is seen as a more practical alternative to the now-defunct salary cap and is primarily aimed at reeling in club spending.
The system allocates each player a point value based on their credentials and clubs must then field a senior side that comes in below a combined points value.

Concerns raised by a majority of clubs centre around provisions in the proposed system to allow extra points to clubs based in lower populated areas and additional points depending on ladder position the previous year.

Magpies pour water on Putamorsi coaching fire

Euroa president Xavier Thomson has moved to quell rumours that former Magpies player and Tungamah coach David Putamorsi is a shoo-in for the Magpies' top job next year.
With current coach Dave Gleeson to finish up this season, the Magpies have quietly been putting feelers out for a new coach, with Putamorsi an obvious candidate because of his past connection to the club.
Speculation was further fuelled on Saturday, when he was spotted observing from the Euroa bench.

Tungamah, which has been coached by Putamorsi for five seasons, played its Picola District Football League clash on Sunday.
Thomson said the club was yet to hold official talks with Putamorsi, but he would join a number of high profile Euroa names as a contender.
"No-one's been around and sat with him and said we want you to coach next year," Thomson said.

"He would definitely be in the mix being local and experienced in coaching, but so would Shane Clayton and so would Scott Watson.
"You'd welcome any of them with open arms."

Both Clayton and Watson are believed to have committed to the club for next season, but Thomson hinted a decision on a playing or non-playing option may have already been made.
"We probably wouldn't be able to afford a playing coach," he said.
"If we spend $30 000 on a playing coach - and I'm just plucking that figure out of the air - we've only got $70 000 for players if you have a budget of $100 000."

Thomson said Euroa would be choosing Gleeson's successor carefully, but wanted to make the decision sooner rather than later.
"We want Dave to finish his coaching stint successfully," Thomson said.
"But I think we've got to have a coach ASAP.
"Dave made it clear he would not do it next year and he would be happy to have someone appointed before the end of the year so there is a cross over period."

Thomson will also vacate his position at the end of the year with vicepresident John Ivill a likely candidate.
At the end of last year, Gleeson stood down from his role as coach, only to then recommit after an exhaustive search for a replacement proved fruitless.

mate you are a goose arent you since lobby decided that he was not right for rochy and vice versa he has been working weekends and the only game he has been to was local heathcotedfl game white hills and colbinabbin and he had a couple of cans with his old man he is not a real big drinker so before you write anything get your facts right and while your at it ask about 8 other blokes why they are leaving at season ends and you may get the one answer

HP, never said anything about cans. Stated that Phil Lobb had left the club. Could be figure skating on the weekend with Chas Michael Michaels for all I care, just stated that he had come to roch with big wraps. As for the other 8 who will be leaving, who would they be?

Any word on how big Jonno got on at the tribunal?

Then why does Rochy keep naming some of these guys in both sides some weeks but they only play in the seniors - Check out this weekend's selected sides and you will see. Pappin was named in both but apparently only ran on the field for all of 1 minute then continued his warm up in the seniors!The week before - (R15) most of these guys were named in both sides. Take a look and you will see my point.

He played 10 mins in the last 1/4 and from my repport probably got rochy up, setting up 2 goals and in the end rochy winning by that margin, anyway who cares what rochy are doing good luck to them for a side that has battled and copped flogging after flogging its good to see them being so successful, obviously it hurts people who are used to giving but now they cant take it, grow up sooks!!!!!!

I am sick of hearing about Rochy 2's. Who gives a f*ck. You would be surprised how many people read this thread and follow other teams. Keep the talk on the seniors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shepparton (5.3.33) V Echuca (3.1.19)
¼ Time
Deakin Reserve, Shepparton

Tatura (2.2.14) V Mansfield (3.3.21)
¼ Time
Tatura Park, Tatura

**Seymour (6.3.39) V Shepp United (3.2.20)
¼ Time
Kings Park, Seymour

Mooroopna (3.1.19) V Rochester (8.5.53)
¼ Time
McLennan Reserve, Mooroopna

Kyabram (2.3.15) V Euroa (8.2.50)
28 minute mark of the First Quarter
Kyabram Recreation Reserve, Kyabram

Shepp Swans (5.3.33) V Benalla (3.5.23)
25 minute mark of the First Quarter
Princess Park, Benalla

¼ Time

Princess Park, Benalla

Mooroopna (10.6.66) V Rochester (8.7.55)
½ Time

Kyabram (5.9.39) V Euroa (13.2.80)
½ Time

Shepp Swans (12.7.79) V Benalla (4.7.31)
24 minute mark of the Second Quarter
Princess Park, Benalla

- Fair comeback from Mooroopna!

¼ Time

Princess Park, Benalla

Mooroopna (10.6.66) V Rochester (8.7.55)
½ Time

Kyabram (5.9.39) V Euroa (13.2.80)
½ Time

Shepp Swans (12.7.79) V Benalla (4.7.31)
24 minute mark of the Second Quarter
Princess Park, Benalla

- Fair comeback from Mooroopna!
cats won i knew we could do it

cats won i knew we could do it

What a bizarre game! Rochy kicked 8 goals to 3 in the 1st quarter and then Mooroopna kicked 17 goals to 2 in the last 3 quarters.

Shepparton beating Echuca would be the biggest upset for a while.

Shepparton 20.12 (132) d. Echuca 16.11 (107)
Mansfield 17.12 (114) d. Tatura 11.13 (79)
Seymour 22.17 (149) d. Shepparton United 19.6 (120)
Mooroopna 21.15 (141) d. Rochester 10.15 (75)
Euroa 23.10 (148) d. Kyabram 15.16 (106)
Shepparton Swans 22.14 (146) d. Benalla 9.15 (69)

why so quiet on here not much happening in the gv some ordinary results for some teams surely there must be something happening here ill throw something in will schmidt coach rochester next year or hall coach mooroopna next year. There has to be something happening

why so quiet on here not much happening in the gv some ordinary results for some teams surely there must be something happening here ill throw something in will schmidt coach rochester next year or hall coach mooroopna next year. There has to be something happening
hall wont coach, his times up but he doesn't wont to leave but the club wonts to move on.

Umpiring at Deakin Reserve worst i have seen in GV footy for a very very long time. The 2 guys in charge lost all control over the game and resulting brawl could have turned very very ugly. Not good for GV footy and hopefully I don't see these guys officiating in senior games for a very very long time.

Hey Brad, don't suppose you could you post the shepp news articles for the weekends games please? Thanks.
Oh, and does anyone know if Seymour and United were at full strength or did they have any missing through injury?

Umpiring at Deakin Reserve worst i have seen in GV footy for a very very long time. The 2 guys in charge lost all control over the game and resulting brawl could have turned very very ugly. Not good for GV footy and hopefully I don't see these guys officiating in senior games for a very very long time.

Isn't there a big brawl every time Shepp play Echuca?

I remember in 2005? when the ressies game got called off after a massive one.

Was not there NLF, but when a player on the losing side makes comments about the umpires, it does sound like a bit of sour grapes....

Sippawitz i can agree with NLF as i was at the game and it was absolutely disgraceful. I follow neither side but can tell you that i have never witnessed anything as bad as the display by those two umpires. I beleive that both clubs are putting in official complaints as the bad umpiring was most definately the cause of the brawl. It got very ugly and some members of the crowd began to get involeved. The GV need to ensure they make it attractive for potential umpires to get involved. If clubs can afford to pay big money for players maybe some of this money(through affiliation fees) should be used in the way of higher payments for umpires eg $250.00 per game. This might attract some extra candidates eg.. ex players who might be interested. Clubs might have to foot the bill if it is to improve. Anything would be better than the display at Deakin on Saturday. Shocking!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad