Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Rochester (22.6.138) V Shepp Swans (13.16.94)
Full Time
Rochester Recreation Reserve, Rochester

**Euroa (24.18.162) V Shepparton (16.15.111)
Full Time
Memorial Oval, Euroa

Benalla (20.12.132) V Kyabram (11.11.77)
22 minute mark of the Fourth Quarter
Benalla Showgrounds, Benalla

Echuca (25.9.159) V Tatura (8.4.52)
20 minute mark of the Fourth Quarter
Victoria Park, Echuca

Mansfield (13.17.95) V Seymour (17.12.114)
15 minute mark of the Fourth Quarter
Mansfield Recreation Reserve, Mansfield

Shepp United (18.16.124) V Mooroopna (13.5.83)
30 minute mark of the Full Time
Deakin Reserve, Shepparton

Rochester (22.6.138) V Shepp Swans (13.16.94)
Full Time
Rochester Recreation Reserve, Rochester

**Euroa (24.18.162) V Shepparton (16.15.111)
Full Time
Memorial Oval, Euroa

Benalla (20.12.132) V Kyabram (11.11.77)
22 minute mark of the Fourth Quarter
Benalla Showgrounds, Benalla

Echuca (25.9.159) V Tatura (8.4.52)
20 minute mark of the Fourth Quarter
Victoria Park, Echuca

Mansfield (13.17.95) V Seymour (17.12.114)
15 minute mark of the Fourth Quarter
Mansfield Recreation Reserve, Mansfield

Shepp United (18.16.124) V Mooroopna (13.5.83)
30 minute mark of the Full Time
Deakin Reserve, Shepparton

Mansfield getting up by 4 points!! wat an upset..

Mansfield getting up by 4 points!! wat an upset..

Bloody hell, your right! That's a great win.

Mansfield 2.3 2.4 5.6 10.4 (19.17) v » Seymour 5.6 6.4 4.1 4.2 (19.13)

Mansfield kicked 10 goals in the last quarter!

This result and the Swans loss might throw a few spanners into the work.

We're pacing ourselves :p

How many weeks did Chewy Scanlon cop? and how many should he have got? Cos as we know, its always different.

Scanlon got one match. Probably should have got a couple, but that's the beauty of the set penalty. Don't think the umpire saw what he did, but saw the ramifications. Lucky to get one but that's the system.

Word was the lions played the final 20 mins with 17 on the park cos of 4 injuries. So 17 players and no rotations. Still, 10 goal final quarter by the eagles is impressive.

Injury cloud seems to have settled over the Den at the minute...could be the downfall of reigning champs.

And Rochy, less scoring shots than Swans...just shows ya what a difference straight kicking makes. How many of the swans points were rushed and kicked?

Scanlon got one match. Probably should have got a couple, but that's the beauty of the set penalty. Don't think the umpire saw what he did, but saw the ramifications. Lucky to get one but that's the system.
Pretty poor effort from United, thought they should have made Scanlon front the trinunal and not allowed him the set penalty. This would have sent a strong message to players about off the ball assaults. Also thought Saad was lucky to not go in the book. No wonder Sutherland cleaned him up, in my opinion he is always having shots at players behind the play. Real shame that a player of his skill has to resort to snipping tactics.

We did have 3 or so out.

Anyone who would have made a big difference Morphous? Rochy had a few players out also, but this seemed to balance the team and ensure they weren't one dimensional. Allowed more players to get involved in the game and was actually a pretty good performance.

Word was the lions played the final 20 mins with 17 on the park cos of 4 injuries. So 17 players and no rotations. Still, 10 goal final quarter by the eagles is impressive.

Injury cloud seems to have settled over the Den at the minute...could be the downfall of reigning champs.

And Rochy, less scoring shots than Swans...just shows ya what a difference straight kicking makes. How many of the swans points were rushed and kicked?

Wont make a difference to the Lions unless these injuries become 2-3 weekers. Penn & Schotty didn't play did they? Was rapt to hear young Belsten got another go - great young fella Daniel, kicked a couple too I see :thumbsu:

Having seen bugger all footy this season I am going purely on results of the top six sides, but I reckon for the first time any of the top six are a genuine chance.

Mansfield has beaten all other finalist bar the swans, which they lost to by about three goals.

I'm not game enough to go out on a limp and tip them, but they could cause a few dramas and who knows ....

Having seen bugger all footy this season I am going purely on results of the top six sides, but I reckon for the first time any of the top six are a genuine chance.

Mansfield has beaten all other finalist bar the swans, which they lost to by about three goals.

I'm not game enough to go out on a limp and tip them, but they could cause a few dramas and who knows ....

Reckon the same Lions :thumbsu: Tossol just keeps producing the goods with his list, it's amazing what confidence, trust and belief in your abilities will do hey.

24 over here today, what about down your way :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who would have made a big difference Morphous? Rochy had a few players out also, but this seemed to balance the team and ensure they weren't one dimensional. Allowed more players to get involved in the game and was actually a pretty good performance.

I didn't see the game obviously but I believe Veale and Maher would have made a difference.

I didn't see the game obviously but I believe Veale and Maher would have made a difference.

Yeah, they probably would have.

Rochy had Ash Watson, Daniel Schmidt, Clint Whitsed and Brodie Montague missing. Unfortunately, its a case of too little too late for them.

Rochester play better with their good players out of the side!!
Good news for Rochy then Johnny, they wont need to go spending money on players next year and will save a heap of money. Sounds like they will need to pay a coach next year.
Is it true Williams is officially not coaching next year?

Sean Murphy was amazing on the weekend for Echuca with 14 goals straight. He simply marked everything that came his way and his finishing was superb. I know Tatura have struggled, but credit to them, they fielded a full reserves side and their seniors had a real go.
Echuca's reserves are going to be hard to topple. I have seen them play a couple of times and they have a potent forward line, and terrific on-ballers. A good mix of old and young blokes. Spoke to one of their players on Saturday, who said they will have a couple come back from injury, as well as some from the seniors if they get knocked out early.
On the seniors form (apart from against Shepparton), they might cause some problems too.

Swans may have had only 3 out but the tigers did have 5 out. They weren't just small player too. Ash Watson, Dainel Schmit, Brodie Montague, Clint Whitsed, Scott Oakley. They also lost the big man in Elliot Bowen early in the game, so you can't really say thay it balanced out the side. Swans can to Rochy expecting an easy roll over the top game, but with every single player from Rochy playing a part they played much better football then them. I admit Rochy has struggled puttin consecutive games together but i feel they way rochy played it would have been a closer game with the swans players in. I know swans are still a quality team and will do damage in the finals they just didnt look like they wanted to be on the pitch

Rochester play better with their good players out of the side!!
Good news for Rochy then Johnny, they wont need to go spending money on players next year and will save a heap of money. Sounds like they will need to pay a coach next year.
Is it true Williams is officially not coaching next year?

Rogerdoger haven't heard the official word on Dirty yet but rumours are that he may be stepping aside next year,

Would have been good to have all the boys in playing, however without them they had to change their game plan and it worked well. A few of the 2nd boys stood up and played good footy also.

The game next week Rochy v Echuca will be a preview for the 2's grand final. Looking forward to see if it is as close as the first game earlier this year.

Heard your boys got a nice touch up on the weekend - must be worrying with finals so close.

Rogerdoger haven't heard the official word on Dirty yet but rumours are that he may be stepping aside next year,

Would have been good to have all the boys in playing, however without them they had to change their game plan and it worked well. A few of the 2nd boys stood up and played good footy also.

The game next week Rochy v Echuca will be a preview for the 2's grand final. Looking forward to see if it is as close as the first game earlier this year.

Heard your boys got a nice touch up on the weekend - must be worrying with finals so close.
Injuries have hit us fairly hard, but the boys were good for a half. Also dosen't help when your playing the same side every month. Also lucky for us we play them again next week and with a spot in the Grand Final up for grabs im sure we will give them a fair run for their money.
Hows the upholsterer playing? I hear he's not living alone, what does his mother think?
And hows the new job?

New job Johnny?
They obviously didn't check your references cause I didn't get a phone call.
Probably a good thing for you.

New as in last 2 months MBP. With the horse flu about, I could be out of a job come spring tho. Has anyone ever called the cricket like I call the racing?

Swans may have had only 3 out but the tigers did have 5 out. They weren't just small player too. Ash Watson, Dainel Schmit, Brodie Montague, Clint Whitsed, Scott Oakley. They also lost the big man in Elliot Bowen early in the game, so you can't really say thay it balanced out the side. Swans can to Rochy expecting an easy roll over the top game, but with every single player from Rochy playing a part they played much better football then them. I admit Rochy has struggled puttin consecutive games together but i feel they way rochy played it would have been a closer game with the swans players in. I know swans are still a quality team and will do damage in the finals they just didnt look like they wanted to be on the pitch

Credit where credit is due, well done Rochy.

Long distance whispers tell me that the boys got beaten in clearances and obviously the wayward kicking cost the Swans, particualry when they shouldve been using the wind better in the last quarter.

Oh well...we crank up the wagon and head into September...

I'm still on board Morphous...just been busy at work mate......

- Bit of trouble out Tatura way...

Town support for the Bulldogs needs to be stronger By Christie Peucker

A special meeting to draw supporters back to Tatura Football Netball Club last Thursday showed good support for the club, but by too few people.
About 80 supporters covering a wide range of ages attended the meeting, presented with an outline of the many groups needed to propel the club back to a powerhouse of Goulburn Valley Football League.
While many people threw their hats in the ring to help, president Denis Flett said more people were needed.

"The current board has spent the last couple of seasons developing plans for sustainable operations, but these cannot be implemented without a substantial increase in the numbers of people working directly on the many day-to-day and longer term activities," he said.

"We simply cannot continue with board members taking on up to three portfolios and we must get greater volunteer support."
Flett said it was concerning the lack of "next wave" parents and friends of juniors and other developing players at the meeting.

"It is fitting for these people to make a greater commitment as it is their children and friends that are going to benefit most from a strong club in the near future," Flett said.
A key point of discussion at the meeting also centred around the major loss of numbers at the club's Thursday night dinners, which has drawn strong community involvement in the past.

The board will now draw up a draft outline of a new club structure which will be discussed with supporters and players on Thursday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad