Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

tige19 said:
Tatura are on the move boys.Look out for some names to be shifting that way as soon as the season finishes, they will be spending 200k+ for next year. Also ive heard grumblings that Seymour wont be able to afford there Bullants boys next season and they will be heading off.

Im looking at heading to a GV game this weekend what would people suggest? Isnt it Gary Stevens 150th for Tat againts the Saints with all 3 Stevens boys to be playing?? thats the 1 i was looking at but if any of use have anything better to suggest throw options my way.

cheers

There is a few good games this weekend Tige. I would consider the Euroa -Echuca game, Seymour - Shepp. United and even the Rochester - Tongala game should be good. The Tatura-Benalla game might be worth a look for the reasons you suggested, but I don't think it will be much of a contest unfortunately.

I was interested about your Seymour comments. I mentioned elsewhere on here they the coach has a 50/50 policy: 50 % of the senior team are paid imports and 50% are locals. I'm sure they would be feeling the pressure to win a flag. I think they can just about do it.

jmain14 said:
rowey - m.doolan and the kiwi (played in the euroa game) will be amongst the list of inclusions in the seconds vs tongala this week. should be a pi$$er!!

also, what is the go sat'y night - sammy was saying something about a 2's doo out at coxy's farm??

Great news. I think we will have about 50 players available since we have a chance to win.

Yes, we have a ressies do out at Coxy's farm. I think it is $50 and beer, wine, food and a special stubby holder is provided. Should be a great night.

The trip home from Benalla was good. We stopped at Pine Lodge, Shepparton and Stanhope. Big Pumpa and Wardo were pretty gone by the time we hit Rochy!

bradrowe#32 said:
G'day Jock.

I was number 51 in the ressies. I played the first quarter at FF and kicked our only point of the game. I should have kicked it.

The last 3 quarters I played in the backline. No. 45 was pretty handy, as was no.37. I think 45 kicked 2 goals on me and then I was at FB on a few of the big guys.

I was pretty impressed with Benalla seniors (and the 2nds and 3rds weren't bad either!). It was a decent contest until half time, and even the 3rd quarter was even until the last 5 or so minutes. It sounds like you guys had a few out.

Seymour is probably the flag favourite for me, from what I've seen and read. Saad is brilliant and Jeff Anderson down back is very handy. I think it will be a Seymour-Euroa GF, but the whole finals should be a cracker.

Hopefully Rochy can sneak in, but I think they will finish 7-9th.

Benalla's one and two's were undermanned...about half a dozen of the blokes who played in the 2's wouldn't get a game under normal circumstances, but injuries and unavailabilities have created opportunities...it was good to get some confidence back in the two's after being hammered by Seymour the week before.

tige19 said:
Tatura are on the move boys.Look out for some names to be shifting that way as soon as the season finishes, they will be spending 200k+ for next year. Also ive heard grumblings that Seymour wont be able to afford there Bullants boys next season and they will be heading off.

Im looking at heading to a GV game this weekend what would people suggest? Isnt it Gary Stevens 150th for Tat againts the Saints with all 3 Stevens boys to be playing?? thats the 1 i was looking at but if any of use have anything better to suggest throw options my way.

cheers

Euroa Vs Echuca could be a huge upset, unlikely i know but Ive got a good feeling will see how it pans out!

tige19 said:

cheers

Will Brett Warburton make the move to the Kennel...is Chris Kennedy primed for a return to the Eastern end of Deakin...

so many questions...

Just found this room. Reading back through peoples posts; jock you hit the nail on the head in relation to tongala; struggling with a small population (smallest town in a major league in victoria); and having minor league teams attracting would be Tongala two players with money to play in their senior team. Also your prediction that Tatura willt ake the wooden spoon, we (tongala) have them in two weeks in the battle for the spoon.

Interesting one this week too for the blues with rochester.

Travvy43 said:
Just found this room. Reading back through peoples posts; jock you hit the nail on the head in relation to tongala; struggling with a small population (smallest town in a major league in victoria); and having minor league teams attracting would be Tongala two players with money to play in their senior team. Also your prediction that Tatura willt ake the wooden spoon, we (tongala) have them in two weeks in the battle for the spoon.

Have actually tipped Tongala to win this one...just got a feeling that Rochy will be deflated with their second half performance against Benalla

Travvy43 said:

G'day Travvy.

I read in the Shepparton News a few weeks ago about the Tongala-Gigarre merger. I dont't think the article said if the new team would move into the KDFL or stay in the GV as the merged team.

Are you a senior or ressies player? I play reserves for Rochester. Should be an interesting day.

Lets hope we can repay your faith. Apparantly they lost their CHF last week with a shoulder injury which will throw around their forward set up.

I assume that if the merger took place the team would stay in the GV. I personally think it could be a good thing for the club. both teams struggle in their respective leagues, a merger would add much needed depth to the club, we are 15km apart and have the same major sponsor.

I run around in the ones, and year i hear you are the magoos spearhead goalkicker (or point scorer)

Saw in the paper the other week that benalla were 1st and now they are 5th. What has happen to them?
Are they in danger of missing the finals. I hear the have a very easy draw this year with only playing the teams like shepp,seymour,euroa only once.

Hi guyz, long time listener first time caller...

Benalla are lucky they have such an easy draw. The only good side they've beat this year is Mansfield in round one, who had a heap of injuries to big name players like Mench and stevenson.

The only other games against quality opposition they've come undone - ie seymour and euroa, and more likely than not shepparton in a couple of weeks.
Having an easy draw may get them into finals, but does anyone else think thats going to mean much when they cant beat quality sides in finals??

Who would be the team to beat come september? Surely seymour would have to be favourites??

Travvy43 said:
Lets hope we can repay your faith. Apparantly they lost their CHF last week with a shoulder injury which will throw around their forward set up.

Dale Ellis...he actually started at full-back on Ricky Symes before being injured...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JimCarter said:
Hi guyz, long time listener first time caller...

Benalla are lucky they have such an easy draw. The only good side they've beat this year is Mansfield in round one, who had a heap of injuries to big name players like Mench and stevenson.

The only other games against quality opposition they've come undone - ie seymour and euroa, and more likely than not shepparton in a couple of weeks.
Having an easy draw may get them into finals, but does anyone else think thats going to mean much when they cant beat quality sides in finals??

Who would be the team to beat come september? Surely seymour would have to be favourites??

Injuries to Sharp, MacFarlane, Primmer, Horne and Levy have not helped the Saints cause...

With Saad Saud (or whatever) Seymour. When the sun is shining in September he could single handedly destroy some oposition sides. Out of them and Euroa. Not sure if Euroa can match up on Saad. Will be one of the best finals series for a long time.

Jock's Netballers said:
Injuries to Sharp, MacFarlane, Primmer, Horne and Levy have not helped the Saints cause...

Surely Benalla arent the only team with injuries over the past month. Other teams in the top six like euroa, seymour, and to a lesser extent mansfield, have suffered injuries to key players in recent weeks.

Were all these players out injured for the seymour and euroa games??

Jock's Netballers said:
Dale Ellis...he actually started at full-back on Ricky Symes before being injured...
damian ellis, but from now on he shall be known as dale as he looks like a bit of a dale. very very unlucky footballer he is. his shoulder has given him nothing but grief since his move to rochy from colbo, he seems incapable of putting any more than 4 games on-end. damn shame too as he can play, and rochy desperately need all their key position players out there.

ECHUCABOY said:
So whats the real reason Jock? Got no depth, benalla wont get near it yet again!

closer than Echuca....Sholly could almost crack a game in the one's...

Rotchy and Echuca round 14 or 15 will take on a lot of improtance in who finishes sixth

JimCarter said:
Surely Benalla arent the only team with injuries over the past month. Other teams in the top six like euroa, seymour, and to a lesser extent mansfield, have suffered injuries to key players in recent weeks.

Were all these players out injured for the seymour and euroa games??

injured during....al struck down during the premiership quarter except for Horne and Levy...however Primmer, MacFarlane and Sharp is our starting centreline

jmain14 said:
damian ellis, but from now on he shall be known as dale as he looks like a bit of a dale. very very unlucky footballer he is. his shoulder has given him nothing but grief since his move to rochy from colbo, he seems incapable of putting any more than 4 games on-end. damn shame too as he can play, and rochy desperately need all their key position players out there.

My apologies...a keyboard faux pas, sorry about that Mainy...

Can Tonny push Rochy this week?

Jock, how much cash in Benalla spending?

Don't ingnore me this time

Raining here in melbourne and hopefully the tigers den is receiving the mother of all downpours. Our form in the mud is ok, only just getting pipped with a kick after the siren by Echuca three weeks back. Look out tigers and then after that Tatura!!

Travvy43 said:
Raining here in melbourne and hopefully the tigers den is receiving the mother of all downpours. Our form in the mud is ok, only just getting pipped with a kick after the siren by Echuca three weeks back. Look out tigers and then after that Tatura!!

Yeah look out because when Tongala come to town you better expect a fight ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad