Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

a.k.a. said:
I think you're onto something there young whippet. But maybe you should have a look at your own form and stop picking on promo girls at a cerrtain pub in hawthorn on sunday nights... and their mothers for that matter...

Young B. Shelton is in great form though. I think his duel with Saad could determine the outcome of the massive top of the table clash in a couple of weeks time. Should be great to watch...
And maybe you should stay away from revolver for a couple of weeks too.

and you're just jealous because they never let you in...

Ben Shelton sounds like a handy player but i think saad saad will be too good for him!!! I think shelton may be better on the taller forwards by the sounds of it!!! i think if you tag saad he will be out of the game!!! i heard daniel thompson was doing a good tagging job this year!!! will he get the role??? WHo at seymor will be able to stop all the tall forwards of euroa eg grainger janz and hyatt as their full back joffa anderson will be playing in the vic country team that weekend!! I don't know how their second tier backman are but each of euroas tall forwards run a muck everyweek and they are on fire at the moment!!! grainger is in great form at FF where he is unstoppable, janz does a great job either forward or in the ruck where he is unstoppable and hyatt is great at chf!!! any suggestions on who will keep these giants quiet??? also to mention who will stop ever reliable craig bamford??? I think seymor will have a few worries on the day!!! who do you guys think will win this match of the season???

ECHUCABOY said:
tat in a canter

Keep your eyes on the blues. with the wooden spoon on the line the game is going to be a hard fought one, however with tat loosing wellington and a couple of others, Tonny should take the chocolates

Travvy43 said:
Keep your eyes on the blues. with the wooden spoon on the line the game is going to be a hard fought one, however with tat loosing wellington and a couple of others, Tonny should take the chocolates

By Tat in a canter I mean, tat will get no where near it. They still have too many blokes who can play the game. Tat by 63 points

GVFLFAN said:
Ben Shelton sounds like a handy player but i think saad saad will be too good for him!!! I think shelton may be better on the taller forwards by the sounds of it!!! i think if you tag saad he will be out of the game!!! i heard daniel thompson was doing a good tagging job this year!!! will he get the role??? WHo at seymor will be able to stop all the tall forwards of euroa eg grainger janz and hyatt as their full back joffa anderson will be playing in the vic country team that weekend!! I don't know how their second tier backman are but each of euroas tall forwards run a muck everyweek and they are on fire at the moment!!! grainger is in great form at FF where he is unstoppable, janz does a great job either forward or in the ruck where he is unstoppable and hyatt is great at chf!!! any suggestions on who will keep these giants quiet??? also to mention who will stop ever reliable craig bamford??? I think seymor will have a few worries on the day!!! who do you guys think will win this match of the season???
Ive watched both team play at various times this year and it will be a cracker of a match, which will most likely be a grand final preview. Saad Saad is a brilliant player and will win games but I have heard that he doesnt like it when people niggle at him all day and can go missing in big games. Matty Collins is a genuine workhorse but tends to only kick bags against lower sides. Their midfield is a an ageing won in haberman and amad but they do rack up plenty of the ball so better be careful of them. Hooper off the half back is explosive and reads play well. Also likes to run off his opponent so he could be exposed if by his opponent. As for Euroa. Grainger is a really good ff but is lazy as he doesnt chase and doesnt move out of the forward 30m. Jansz has been over rated this year. He kicked 11 against tat and has struggled for remaindeer of year. euroa has a really good midfield but they seem to be front running all the time, lets see if they handle the pressure. Both backlines are no world beaters but do their jobs. Seymour has a wilcard in Ben Bailey, apparently this guy can play and if he is right he could win the game changing with schottner. If gibson is right then there is another player seymour might have to stop. Alot of melbourne boys have been injured for periods of time for euroa in m.clayton, mcbrien, gibson and shelton so fitness may play a big role. My tip is a draw.

As for Euroa. Grainger is a really good ff but is lazy as he doesnt chase and doesnt move out of the forward 30m.

You wouldn't chase either Footyboss if you were in Graingers conundrum. I've heard that if you check underneath Graingers footy socks, there is one of those electronic tags/tracking device, (used by criminals on day release) which prevents him from moving 37m from the goal line, otherwise he recieves a 240v electrical shock.
Back to the big game though, I believe Euroa have too much firepower in the middle of the ground, giving their forwards a lot more opportunity, and if Seymour is missing their most important backman in Jeff Anderson, Euroa's forwards will have a massive advantage.
Everyone talks about Seymours gun recruits from Melbourne, but a player who often slips under the radar is Robert Douglas. Very handy player, smart, skillful, and hard at the ball.
The game will be won, not so much by the top 15 players from each side, but more so, how the bottom 6 players perform.

Whippet said:
Everyone talks about Seymours gun recruits from Melbourne, but a player who often slips under the radar is Robert Douglas. Very handy player, smart, skillful, and hard at the ball.

Spot on about Douglas there Whippet. "Chipper" rarely gets mentioned alongside Habers, Saad, Schotty and co. but gets the job done each week. Another top Broady boy doing very very well in major league footy.

Very negative responses from you footyboss!!! Seems like your a kind of bloke that likes to pick negatives out of some very good positives for both teams!!! Could you find anythoing positive to say about 2 of the best sides in the GVFL??? Fair enough all the mentioned players have their strengths and weaknesses but they all are there to help their clubs become successful and i think every player mentioned has done their bit to ensure their club will be a force come september!!!

Doona2 said:
Spot on about Douglas there Whippet. "Chipper" rarely gets mentioned alongside Habers, Saad, Schotty and co. but gets the job done each week. Another top Broady boy doing very very well in major league footy.
Good to hear, was a terrific player at Calder in his TAC Cup days and his little brother is doing well down there at the moment, probably going to be drafted.

Some interesting theories there....

Whippet, A.K.A etc, stop talking dribble. Revolver? If your talking guns you probably should just pull the trigger!

I think footyboss has made a valuble point in regards to Euroa and frontrunning. They have an exceptional midfield, but questions will be answered come finals time. Completely different game come September, no easy kicks just tough footy. I suspect S.Clayton will go missing when the sun is shining in the warmest month of the footy season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem to have an opinion on everything Junkie. Tell us all about your footballing pedigree??? I read you're from Baddaginnie East or somewhere. I presume you're a retired player from Devenish or Swanpool. Maybe Benalla Rovers. Or did Baddaginnie actually have a side once, in the Boho South League?

How good a coach must David Williams be, I see he has Rochy in the six at the moment, lost all them players didn't recruit many has no depth but still can get Rochy to be competitive and maybe a place in the finals a pretty fair effort i would say.

Rochy have done well, but are well behind Benalla, who are 5th. I think if they did make the finals they will definately be out in the first week.

HawkeEye said:
Rochy have done well, but are well behind Benalla, who are 5th. I think if they did make the finals they will definately be out in the first week.

win this week, and Benalla lose to Mansfield, you will find Rochester on equal points with the Saints...

Would hate to have to run into Rochy in an elimination final...

roos said:
How good a coach must David Williams be, I see he has Rochy in the six at the moment, lost all them players didn't recruit many has no depth but still can get Rochy to be competitive and maybe a place in the finals a pretty fair effort i would say.
obviously I am biased so it won't come as a surprise that I agree wholeheartedly with you on this one. I am glad that someone other than someone from rochy (I think??) has recognised rochy's efforts this year.

jmain14 said:
obviously I am biased so it won't come as a surprise that I agree wholeheartedly with you on this one. I am glad that someone other than someone from rochy (I think??) has recognised rochy's efforts this year.

I do not follow anyone in the GV nor do I come from Rochy, but it is one thing to be a good coach with good cattle and a good coach with no cattle, I know Rochy have not done as well as they probably should have as far as winning GF but I am sure every club in the GV would like to be in their shoes.
From what I here & see they are well run & coached.

Mainy will know this but not many would, that most of their best players would travel back from melbourne and play on the weekends. the core group, rassy, campbell, mcCarty etc. didnt even train with the group which would make coaching all that harder for dirty.

Also Mainy what has happened to the rivalry the last coule of years,Echuca Vs Rochy I know it is still talked about and it is pressure footy but will we ever see the physicality and the punch ups that were common place 3-4 years ago.

I think the departure of jughead, silas and herritage could have something to do with that??

What was the game like this year? im in melbourne so I didnt get to it?

ECHUCABOY said:
Mainy will know this but not many would, that most of their best players would travel back from melbourne and play on the weekends. the core group, rassy, campbell, mcCarty etc. didnt even train with the group which would make coaching all that harder for dirty.

Also Mainy what has happened to the rivalry the last coule of years,Echuca Vs Rochy I know it is still talked about and it is pressure footy but will we ever see the physicality and the punch ups that were common place 3-4 years ago.

I think the departure of jughead, silas and herritage could have something to do with that??

What was the game like this year? im in melbourne so I didnt get to it?
g'day mate. I too live in melbourne, am adam's older brother.

I didn't get to their earlier clash in round 1 either but hopefully will see this weeks game. am not sure what has happened with the rivalry, whilst there is obviously still some there I would have to agree with you in saying it has waned a bit in the past few years. perhaps it has something to do with the likes of heritage and dirty not playing anymore. or perhaps it might be because both teams seem to have many young players who maybe haven't encountered the big rochy-echuca clashes of 5 years back. who knows??

it all makes for a ripper game this w'end though browny - the winner will clinch a finals berth imo.

Was fortunate enough to play in the first Rochy v Echuca Sunday game many years ago now. Was only playing 3rds, but the hole day day was briliant. Can't think of a bigger rivalry.

I only really keep up with the scores these days, but do know from a couple of mates that still live up there the boys have done pretty well considreing the departures this year.

Also, ECHUCABOY, lot's of us also travelled from Bendigo to play after attending uni during the week, and training with Golden Sqaure.

jmain14 said:
g'day mate. I too live in melbourne, am adam's older brother.

I didn't get to their earlier clash in round 1 either but hopefully will see this weeks game. am not sure what has happened with the rivalry, whilst there is obviously still some there I would have to agree with you in saying it has waned a bit in the past few years. perhaps it has something to do with the likes of heritage and dirty not playing anymore. or perhaps it might be because both teams seem to have many young players who maybe haven't encountered the big rochy-echuca clashes of 5 years back. who knows??

it all makes for a ripper game this w'end though browny - the winner will clinch a finals berth imo.

Are you going to play ressies this week mate? There is a spot for you and the kiwi if you want it!

bradrowe#32 said:
Are you going to play ressies this week mate? There is a spot for you and the kiwi if you want it!
see how we go matey. kiwi is really keen to pull the boots on again, think he enjoyed it for some reason. wils is keen for a comeback game as well although I think he has the tat game in mind and not echuca he he.

big game this week in the gvfl 1st vs 2nd. for the magpies does anyone know what has happened to gibson and lamaro? is bailey injured for seymour havnt seen them named in recent weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad