Official Miss Finland Autumn Campaign Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me dead what are they doing to this horse.

Stick bloody Williams on board, at least he wouldn't have been dumb enough to be two lengths last coming around the bend.

And put her back upto 1600, she isn't a sprinter and she isn't a stayer. 1600-1800 is her distance, why are they trying to make her something she isn't.

They might as well retire her if they are going to **** her around.

Messara has said today that if she doesn't win the Futurity or turn in an outstanding performance she will be retired. Waiting for her in the breeding barn will be Hussonet

Runs this week in the Futurity & Hayes was on TVN saying that the Australian Cup is winnable.......truer now with the Maldivian news but still not weak enough IMO.
P Coup & Sirmione spanked MF in the Mackinnon & she was going better then.

How many changes of mind can they have with this horse?
Stayer,sprinter,now 2000m horse.
Lucky the didnt nominate her for the Inter Dominion or she'd be going round in that as well.

As Ill be out of the country this weekend,Ill look forward to someone updating this thread after MF's march to A Cup glory continues on Saturday.

seth

How many changes of mind can they have with this horse?
Stayer,sprinter,now 2000m horse.
Lucky they didnt nominate her for the Inter Dominion or she'd be going round in that as well.
Any truth in the rumour that she's started chasing bunnies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Alan Jones saying after she won the vrc oaks that she would be never running over that distance again, she would be restricted to 2000m as they did not want to burn her out, and the only reason she ran the the vrc oaks was because they thought she was unlucky not to win the cox plate.

Come the autumn greedy Mr. Jones says she will be targeting the ajc derby, she has some good wins that prep (incl. 2 G1???) gets smashed in the derby on a bog of a track and has put in maybe one good run since (first up in the following spring beating harada and El S over 1400m).

Greedy owners ruined her, although i do agree with the sentiment of others that she never beat that much as a 3 yo, tuesday joy the only one to go on and win at G1 level (i could be mistaken)

seeing as thought it may be her last race i plocked a small wager on her i owe her that much, had more collects than losses with her so she does not owe me anything, but saying that I hope she salute this saturday.

She ran on well today, i don't think they will retire her just yet, i think she still has more to give.

First things first though, GET ****ING ARNOLD OFF HER.
Why he thinks 2 lengths last with 400m to go is a good spot i will never know, put Williams back on board and i reckon she can win the Australian Cup.

No surprise that as soon as Arnold stopped riding Efficient he won the Melbourne Cup, what a terrible jockey.

The concern is that when she did get going that she struggled to get pass Molotov at WFA (in probably the weakest WFA race seen in Melbourne for years).
Certainly not the horse many hoped she might become.
May as well press ahead to the Australian Cup given the lack of depth in it. Would need dramatic improvement in a week to compete with Princess Coup.

Wish some of the trainers would throw one of the many decent 3 year olds into 1 of these WFA races. They need some sort of spark to them.

The concern is that when she did get going that she struggled to get pass Molotov at WFA (in probably the weakest WFA race seen in Melbourne for years).
Certainly not the horse many hoped she might become.
May as well press ahead to the Australian Cup given the lack of depth in it. Would need dramatic improvement in a week to compete with Princess Coup.

Wish some of the trainers would throw one of the many decent 3 year olds into 1 of these WFA races. They need some sort of spark to them.
I agree, the futurity looked perfect for a 3 year old, because I can't see any of them beating Light Fantastic besides probably Playwright in the guineas.

As for Miss Finland can they find a set weights mares race and put her in that, if she can win then she deserves to keep running, if not then retire her. I can't see her getting close to Princess Coup in the cup.

I haven't seen any change in her that suggests to me she will win a big race in the near future. She simply doesn't have the grit and fire power she used to possess. She takes so long to get rolling and can't jump well, always at the back. I also think she is better of with Williams on board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Miss Finland Autumn Campaign Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back