Official Pre-Season Report

Remove this Banner Ad

TigerPower

Team Captain
Jun 24, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
We’ve been training footy – there’s a few things in our gameplan that we felt that we needed to change so we’ve focused on that throughout the last eight weeks in particular.

“There’s got to be a fitness component focus as well as a strength focus, but also the components from a footy point of view. I guess we felt that we needed to improve the defensive aspects of our game.

“Certainly there’s a skill component that you’ve got to improve, and you’re continually working on that, but the major part of the pre-season is implementing things into our gameplan which will help us defend better.

“If you look at the offence, we’re one of the better teams in the competition, but defensively, we’re one of the poorer teams, so that’s the area that we’ve been focusing on. But I can’t give you too much detail about that, unfortunately.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsid=71081

Something cluster esque is being formulated at punt road:rolleyes:

I hope we don't become a Sydney or Adelaide. I can't stand watching their games. We're very much a running side, so hopefully we don't compromise that!

I thought we worked a rolling zone pretty well in the game against Hawthorn late in the season id say they are working on this style of play. Both Geelong and Hawthorn do this very well and it seems to be the current trend for the better clubs. I think our players are finally getting to the size, experience, fitness and skill levels

Four years ago it was "yeah nah, we're trying to teach the players the drop punt and handball techniques, we're also working on grabbing the ball with both hands in front of your chest. Some advanced players have moved onto bouncing the ball without stopping, but we've got plenty of time to become cherry ripe!"

We will never be like Sydney or Adelaide - by improving the defensive side to our game they mean they want players like Deledio and Foley to run harder the other way. Atm we run hard when we've got the ball, but despite having an emphasis on tackling more in 2008 we were unable to improve in this section by much (due to the gameplan).

So we're most likely increasing fitness levels and working out how we can run harder the other way, we're not learning how to play boring footy :cool:

With all our speedsters we'll always be a fast, attacking team, it's just we could be using this to our advantage more often.

Missed that game, where can I view it???

I thought we worked a rolling zone pretty well in the game against Hawthorn late in the season id say they are working on this style of play. Both Geelong and Hawthorn do this very well and it seems to be the current trend for the better clubs. I think our players are finally getting to the size, experience, fitness and skill levels

New game plan. Take on your players we are a very quick side with players like Deledio, Foley, White, Tambling, McMahon, Cotchin, Rains
i would really like to see our boys take on the opposition this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Pre-Season Report

Remove this Banner Ad

Back