Mega Thread Official Suns Trade Period Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
From October 8th, this thread will open and be available for people to post everything trade related for the Suns. Any separate threads created will be merged into this super mega-thread.

Over the trade period, Thermo and I will be pretty strict on this thread and be certain to take out any trolls that linger. The rules for this thread in particular will mirror that of the D&T board over the trade period.

If you're going to report a possible trade, do it with substance to back it up. Substance cannot be 'bosses mate' or 'friend of a friend'. Likewise, we have no time for BigFooty posters with secret 'mail' or inside sources. If you're going to report a possible trade, do so with a link to that webpage.

The only exception to this is Trade Week Radio. If you hear something on TWR concerning the Suns, feel free to share it here.

Regarding everything Caddy. Keep the discussions mature. If things get out of control, posts will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be warned and cards will be handed out.

Of course, we welcome healthy discussions regarding everything, but it will be moderated if need be.

Key dates:

October 8 - Commencement of Trade Period.

October 19, 2pm - Deadline for GWS Giants to pre-list balance of any uncontracted players under List Establishment rules.

October 19, 5pm - Close to Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

October 23, 5pm - Trade Incentive Rule (17 year-olds). Deadline for trading.

October 26, 2pm - End of Trade Period.

October 26, 2.10pm - Trade Incentive (17 year-olds) Selection.

Trade period is now over 3 weeks.

May God have mercy on our souls.

News coming out that we're not going to bid #2 for Viney! Very surprising.

I think this is a good thing, give us brownie points with Melb, and I would think a big deal with them throughout the week for perhaps pick number 4 to be traded to us. Then perhaps Pick 4 ontraded to get Jack Martin, Pick 2 used on Toumpas

Would be very surprised if we got pick #4 somehow, but fingers crossed. ;)

Would be gutted if we got someone like Martin through any 'agreement'.

Why would you be gutted? Its all within the rules, its part of the deal.

We dont bid on Viney
Melb deal with us for pick 4
We deal with GWS for MD1

Sorry, I mean Stefan Martin. That was the idea floated by the TWR guys, that we so some sort of handshake agreement with the Dees to not bid on Viney and we get Stefan Martin.

And I would be gutted if that happened. Stefan Martin's a dud.

Yeah I dont want Stefan Martin either. I thought you were referring to Jack Martin.

I'd prefer to go after pick 4 and throw whatever is required to get it with our other picks and players wanted to go back to Vic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely some sort of deal going on for them to get Viney, it seems.

Pick #13 they might give us? Who knows. Hopefully it comes across fairly quickly.

If thats the case, could we then bundle up pick 13 + Caddy for example to the Bulldogs for pick 5 or 6?

That could net us Ollie Wines?

Pick #2 has been used by us, apparently. We've used it somewhere.

Ah crap...didn't really want to use pick 2 on Martin. I hope we can trade for another low pick for this years draft, Pick 4 ffrom Melb or Pick 6 from Bulldogs

You would think GWS have Whitfield and Grundy?

Ah crap...didn't really want to use pick 2 on Martin. I hope we can trade for another low pick for this years draft, Pick 4 ffrom Melb or Pick 6 from Bulldogs

You would think GWS have Whitfield and Grundy?

Pick #2 is overs for just Martin. I hope we've secured Jed Anderson on top of it.

I think so. GWS would be stoked to get Whitfield and Grundy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Official Suns Trade Period Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back