Oh My God It Cant Be True? Can It

Remove this Banner Ad

Stegelator said:
I understand, in a normal situation, why Bret Hart wouldn't want to lose the Title to HBK in his own country. But this was not a normal situation. Bret was leaving the WWF. He was defecting to WCW. For him to sign a WCW contract and then refuse to lose the title is just plain selfish.

Oh and while you're at it, dude, get your facts right about the whole situation. Vince did not fire Bret Hart.

Ummm, yes he did. Bret had 19 years left on his WWF contract, Vince ended the contract, that is firing him. Bret didnt defect to WCW, Vince fired him

eddiesmith said:
Ummm, yes he did. Bret had 19 years left on his WWF contract, Vince ended the contract, that is firing him. Bret didnt defect to WCW, Vince fired him

Vince wanted out of the contract.

He could not afford to compete with WCW, he told this to Bret who was then able to seek the best deal possible from WCW. There was a money factor involved obviously, Vince did not want to lose Bret but really did not have much choice in the end.

WCW offering absurd money pushed his market value to a level that was stupid.

eddiesmith said:
But Bret was signed on for less than he was worth because he wanted to stay with WWF

He offered to stay on for even less at the time and if they get out of the financial ruins, he can make it up then

Bret wanted to stay in the WWF but Vince didnt want him
But Vince didn't fire him. Again dude, get your facts straight. Yes Vince wanted out of the contract, but he didn't fire him. Hart had an escape clause which means, giving 28 days notice, he could leave the WWF. When Vince told Bret that he could not pay his contract, Bret got written permission to start negotiating with WCW. With a big offer from WCW, Vince came up with a scenario of what would happen with Bret Hart if he decided to stay at WWF, He knew bret would then take the WCW offer.

Bret was willing to drop the belt the night following the survivor series, he just didnt want to lose to shawn in Montreal, so i cant see what the big deal is, he should have been able to keep the belt and then give it away the following night.

toulairene said:
Bret was willing to drop the belt the night following the survivor series, he just didnt want to lose to shawn in Montreal, so i cant see what the big deal is, he should have been able to keep the belt and then give it away the following night.
Bret wasn't willing to drop the belt the next night, because they were still in Canada

He also said he was willing to drop the title to any one other than Shawn

But as for the speech, if HBK can drop the belt like that, why not Bret?

Also on Raw, WWE either did the greatest PPV selling they could or the great one may be back at SummerSlam. Surely they cant mention his name 100 times in 2 weeks after he signs some sort of deal and then not use him, can they?

My North said:
The web page said it was a meeting for a possible release of a DVD.

Will Brett "The Hitman" Hart make a comeback to the ring. I read somewhere that he suffered a stroke, so he may be able to compete.

He suffered 2 strokes, before that he suffered 9 concussions in a week, the first concussion was against Goldberg at Starrcade '99 which pretty much ended his career, even though he worked a few matches after it happened.

He's lucky to be alive, he'll never wrestle again.

Cleavy said:
Didn't he say on Wrestling With Shadows that he was willing to give a speech and vacate the title on said show?
Yes, that was his ultimate plan, was to drop the belt anywhere but Canada.

You would have thought that, after everything Bret gave to the WWF, that Vince would have allowed him to leave with some dignity. Instead, he screwed him on national television. Steggie, if you try and deny that, then you are an idiot. It happened, there is nothing more to it. All this crap about Bret being an as*hole in it all is ridiculous - what about throughout the 90's when Bret was made to wrestle midcard matches constantly against Lawler, Issac Yankem etc. while Shawn, Diesel, Razor etc. got more important matches?

Bret, for years and years, was the most over, respected and revered wrestler in the WWF. He could pull a crowd simply by saying his name - and his simple request of coming out on RAW and dropping the belt and being able to give a speech was robbed by McMahon.

I don't see how Bret did anything wrong. After everything he gave, it wasn't too much to ask that he drop the belt like he wanted too. But, Vince and Shawn, didn't want that.

As a side note, I'll hate Michaels for eternity. An egotistical, self centred moron who will only ever care about himself. The "losing the smile" speech fooled nobody, and he's been washed up for years.

Even to this day Vince claims he could not take the risk of Bret Hart showing up on Nitro with the then WWF championship belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh My God It Cant Be True? Can It

Remove this Banner Ad

Back