News Oh wow, oh heavy, heavy, heavy - Lachie Neale trade thread (5, 19 & 55 for Neale & 30)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone would think that you're more interested in Premierships than Draft picks.

Shame.

So you are shaming me and Sausages wants to offer me as a sacrifice to the footy gods* ... guess this ain't my week!

* is aware he is taking Sausages out of context

According to Champion Data, Neale is ranked the fifth best midfielder in the game over the last two years, with Neale averaging 38.3 disposals and 9.7 clearances so far in 2019.

Neale is ranked fourth in disposals, sixth in contested possessions, third in ground ball and five in clearances, with the Lions undefeated this season.
I knew Neale was a solid player; I just didn't realise how good a player he was until watching him week in, week out...it probably says more about how intermittently I watched Freo over the past few years, hence why I didn't rate Neale as highly prior to our drafting him. I'm not complaining what we gave up for him now.

I knew Neale was a solid player; I just didn't realise how good a player he was until watching him week in, week out...it probably says more about how intermittently I watched Freo over the past few years, hence why I didn't rate Neale as highly prior to our drafting him. I'm not complaining what we gave up for him now.
He's a bloody gun, have you guys tried him resting forward yet either?

He's a terrific lead up forward and a great crumber too, he is just a natural footy player, who does his thing week in-week out and does it very well.

He's a bloody gun, have you guys tried him resting forward yet either?

He's a terrific lead up forward and a great crumber too, he is just a natural footy player, who does his thing week in-week out and does it very well.

Played forward against North a bit without doing a great deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd prefer a Neil Young reference than a Neil from the Young Ones reference but can't win them all.

The Neale trade and the damage done.

Wow this has been a very well priced trade for us. Pretty happy with this. Read an article on afl website about Beams. Seems as if though we were more open in him going when we got Neale and McCarthy by his version of events.

Wow this has been a very well priced trade for us. Pretty happy with this. Read an article on afl website about Beams. Seems as if though we were more open in him going when we got Neale and McCarthy by his version of events.

Yeah I'm not giving that one much chop. It includes reference to Jarryd Lyons who we didn't get until several weeks later so I think its probably not the most accurate version of events.

Not sure Lyons had anything to do with the Beams/Neale trade playing out. From memory it was well after the trade period and was a little bit of a hail mary from the club to the suns. it certainly didn't come across as a pre-planned move to allow Beams transaction to transpire.

Maybe i'm salty but it appears hes trying to wrap a different narrative around 'that speech'.

Not sure Lyons had anything to do with the Beams/Neale trade playing out. From memory it was well after the trade period and was a little bit of a hail mary from the club to the suns. it certainly didn't come across as a pre-planned move to allow Beams transaction to transpire.

Maybe i'm salty but it appears hes trying to wrap a different narrative around 'that speech'.

Yeah, still a shit bloke.

Imagine lying to the face of Fagan and your teammates.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Oh wow, oh heavy, heavy, heavy - Lachie Neale trade thread (5, 19 & 55 for Neale & 30)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back