Ok - How many games did we get to this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to the Dogs draw, the Hawks loss, the Dreamtime and Dream Team games, the Carlton debacle and a Coburg game (Cotch's first, v Port). I would have been to more but I haven't been living in Melbourne and when I have been in town other obligations have at times prevented me from going. I'm back now and will be at TEAC on Saturday, and plenty next year (unless I go to Europe). If we had played a game in Brissie or the Gold Coast in the last two years i would have been there but we didn't. We'll probably play there twice a year from now on.:thumbsdown:

brisbane game was a great one for me - i was lucky enough to be invited into a corporate box - first time in a couple of years and generally i hate these things when the tigers are playing - not sure how vocal i can be.

When i got there i discovered there were 6 other richmond fans and 4 you did not really care.

the box was rocking in the last quarter and to top it off i won the trivia contest and scored a game day jumper signed by jack riewoldt.

A good day was had by all.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Sounds like a good day. Yep, I definately missed probably the most andrenaline pumping game of the year...absolutely spewin I was that night and to top it off, the little boy wasn't born until 2 days later...

Made it across for the Dreamtime and Centenary Games. Ex-wife doesn't allow me the luxury of enjoying myself too much.

Did manage to get my son to Centenary Game as well - his first Tigers and 'G' game. He's hooked even after that disgraceful performance. We were behind the Punt Rd goals, in the presence of greatness - Richo and the Cheer Squad!

14. Every game in Melbourne bar 3, Geelong twice and the Saints. Second Cats game I just couldn't get to, other two a whole lot of small unfortunate things happened which stopped me going.

I made it to 14. Had I not been away could have made it to another 3. I was spewing when I saw my Perth holiday ended 3 days before we played freo. If I knew that I woulda stayed longer but couldn't change it with work. Would have been great to be there especially after the result.

Missed Melbourne based games - Carlton (R1 work), Dogs(R5 wifes birthday), Hawks (R6 Wifes Easter) & Geelong(R18). All up attended 13 games.

Been to 13, and only missed the Brisbane game because my football hating husband had the indecency to have his birthday dinner that night. After dinner I watched it unfold on TV and my family saw a new side to me for sure. I unleashed my inner feral.

Also missed the doggies draw due to illness. Another "inner feral" moment as I made myself sicker watching on the couch.

Also been to a couple of Burgers games and looking to attend a final. We went down to a couple of finals last year, including the Grand Final.

Got to 14 games. Missed games against Geelong (footy at Peninsula), Brisbane (hamstring strain), Carltank (football), Hawthorn (1st time, crook) and Essendon (football) in Melbourne. But I did see Richmond v Sydney at the SCG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

15. Couldn't go interstate and missed a couple others due to the kids not being in the mood and no available babysitter. Also caught a few Coburg games (3?).

Got to 18 games this season. The interstate match was in Adelaide playing Port, and got the opportunity to briefly chat with a couple of the players at the airport while we were all waiting. My favorite match was the the win against the Lions at the Dome. :thumbsu:

:thumbsu:SEVENTEEN Tigers games for me - that would be every Melbourne-based game.

All up for the year, I would have seen near 50 games.

Quite a few Bulldogs and Hawthorn games, with a sprinkling of Blues, Kangaroos and Saints thrown in.

If a mate needs someone to go along to a game and have someone to guzzle beer with, I'm usually the first to be called on and the first to say yes.

Can never tire of watching the footy live. And thankfully, barring the odd work calamity, I have the lifestyle which can accommodate it!

16 missed 1 melb game
11 coburg games went to , werribee, box hill and port melbourne away
good effort considering i work a bit on weekends :thumbsu:
have to miss coburg this week due to touring to tassie :(

1 solitary game I flew over Bass Strait for. Essendon game, was a good one to fly over for. :thumbsu:

Hopefully do 2 or 3 next year if I can afford it.

Disclaimer... Not trying to blow smoke up yer Phoenix...

But,

This demonstrates the non-correlation between the amount of games that can be physically attended versus the ability to know football and comment constructively & knowledgably.

Cheers...

I only got to 3 games:(. Working weekends and lack on Friday night games makes it hard.

I am a member though as are my 2 kids(non ticketed). I know I won't get to a heap of games next year either but I will still buy a membership.

I make sure I watch every game. IQ is the best!!!

I only got to 3 games:(. Working weekends and lack on Friday night games makes it hard.

I am a member though as are my 2 kids(non ticketed). I know I won't get to a heap of games next year either but I will still buy a membership.

I make sure I watch every game. IQ is the best!!!

Yeah but your avatar makes up for everything !!!!

We are from all over he country and and few OS.

Some work when the footy is on and some are lucky they can get to go often.

Tell us how many games you got to this year.

I live in Melbourne "2 toprs from the MCG" so it is easy for me I saw the first three then was away for 4 weeks in Sth America.To try and make up i went to the SCG and AAMI for games. My total was 17.

who organises holidays in the footy season? :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok - How many games did we get to this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back