Ok. We had our sook. Now list your final three coaches prefs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both him and Monty seem very alike. Very straight forward and intense.

The problem is that he has been there for the last few years already, and has been a big part of the direction the club is now trying to steer away from.
Peronally if we were to go inhouse, i would rather German over Williams, but would rather we look outside the club and go for a clean sweep and new direction and vision.

Matthew Knights for sure. It's all been arranged. He was just taking my place doing the footy tipping on 774 for one year while I've been on a break. You people really don't know what's going on, do you? :p

Would he leave GWS?

He is also my choice but you would think Sheedy would only be senior coach for 1-2 years with Williams a likely succesor. I daresay his pay packet as an assistant with GWS may be fairly comparable to what we would offer him as our number one? Would be very surprised, but delighted if he did move on.

I think we should get Mark Williams - he is far better than people think.

The mail is that the Port culture in the playing group is absolute crap and has been for a few years. For this reason alone I can't see Williams being wanted by us, nor anyone else (other than his mentor Sheedy.)

The mail is that the Port culture in the playing group is absolute crap and has been for a few years. For this reason alone I can't see Williams being wanted by us, nor anyone else (other than his mentor Sheedy.)

Agreed. Just as we need to look at the role assistant coaches did at previous clubs, ex senior coaches need to be assesed the same way.

Port went downhill terribly after Williams, and he left the club in a shocking state.
Garry Ayers is another who left two previous clubs in a much worse state than when he started.

Wouldn't want either of them to be honest.

Agreed. Just as we need to look at the role assistant coaches did at previous clubs, ex senior coaches need to be assesed the same way.

Port went downhill terribly after Williams, and he left the club in a shocking state.
Garry Ayers is another who left two previous clubs in a much worse state than when he started.

Wouldn't want either of them to be honest.
I wouldn't underestimate the influence of selfishness at Port. Primus has gone to great lengths to get rid of the Cornes brothers.. I suspect they had a very very bad influence on the club and that at least some of the malaise isn't solely attributable to Williams..

Sheedy hasn't been known for liking ratbags and wouldn't be placing all of his trust in a mug who couldn't manage personalities within a group.

I wouldn't underestimate the influence of selfishness at Port. Primus has gone to great lengths to get rid of the Cornes brothers.. I suspect they had a very very bad influence on the club and that at least some of the malaise isn't solely attributable to Williams..

Sheedy hasn't been known for liking ratbags and wouldn't be placing all of his trust in a mug who couldn't manage personalities within a group.

And we really need a coach who can't manage selfish players.

I doubt that very much. Chad was best mates with Primus. I don't think his exit has anything to do with the fabric of the guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm warming to Mark Williams also. Would like him to at least get shortlisted for an interview to his case forward.

I dislike Williams for whatever reason. Stems from disliking Port Adelaide.

Think he's past it as a head coach anyway.

Would prefer a younger coach.

Now Scott Burns is the frontrunner according to some media today. I Don't know much about his coaching background/style except that he is at SAussie currently assisting at WCE.

A Very very well known supporter who tips in a lot of money to the bulldogs Really wants Cameron to be coach.

Think Cars

Conrad Taylor from Werribee Motor Group (Nissan, Volkswagan etc.)? A great supporter who supplies cars for some of our players and is still a Westerner,
but please don't over estimated how much he tips in.

He, like all supporters has a preference, but Just because "he really wants Cameron" you are assuming he will stop being a member and financial supporter if we get someone else!
This means nothing to the sub-committee in the overall scheme of things.

Me to

The fact that Paul Williams will be at the club next year (1 more year in his contract) and if you throw in Cameron all we need is Rocket back and we can have a re union of the coaching staff from a few years ago

YOu mean a few years like when we missed the Grand Final by a kick, when a few umpire decisions were the diffirence in making a Grand Final, when a few little tweeks here and there would have given us a Grand Final appearance.

Sounds good to me.

I think we are underestimating Cameron's knowledge of the game. Just because you are an assistant coach doesnt mean you dont have your own game plan ideas that you put forward and arent accepted by a head coach, who knows.

Im confidant the commitee will select the best coach for us.

YOu mean a few years like when we missed the Grand Final by a kick, when a few umpire decisions were the diffirence in making a Grand Final, when a few little tweeks here and there would have given us a Grand Final appearance.

No one remembers who came second

Then why did he recruit Doc Wheildon and Ty Zantuck amongst others that my brain cells can't conjur up on a Saturday morning.

I wouldn't have a clue who the Club should pick out of the "coaches in waiting" but have a think about what state the experienced coaches left their club in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back