OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

seen moyhu king valley and whorouly play the past 2 weeks all three teams pridicted to be big flag contenders but whorouly there a class above. with big men such as kyle archibald, michael nixon, lance warr, adam pasco, richy leahy and gene marek and daniel west a few weeks away from playing there the team that has got the skills strength and speed to destroy the opposition.

Not far off nonch!! What was it 21 between them. They are certainly flexing their muscles whorouly!

Yeah they must have decided to share it around a bit! Marek looks to me like he's dropped a few kg and was moving well against Bright, and is a beautiful kick. And I think Richie Leahy is probably in the top 5 players in the comp at the moment.

seen moyhu king valley and whorouly play the past 2 weeks all three teams pridicted to be big flag contenders but whorouly there a class above. with big men such as kyle archibald, michael nixon, lance warr, adam pasco, richy leahy and gene marek and daniel west a few weeks away from playing there the team that has got the skills strength and speed to destroy the opposition.

Whorouly did look very good against Bright, but until they play a few of the top sides who can really force a contest in the middle it's hard to judge. On paper I think they might have the strongest side right now, but with at least eight of their first choice 21 over the age of 32 it's all going to be about staying fit. With West back in the second half of the year they should be flag favourites if they have a good run with injury.

Alright lads here are my tips for round 3

G/BAT TO UPSET KING VALLEY BY 10 PTS
BRIGHT OVER ALL BLACKS BY 59 PTS
WHOROULY OVER GLENROWAN 203 PTS
NORTH WANG OVER GRETA BY 120PTS
SWANPOOL TO UPSET MOYHU BY 17PTS
TATONG OVER BONNIE DOON BY 3PTS

Should be a couple of really close games

Looking at the clearances again and I see some of north wangs recruits have moved on already. Fraser Elliott, Richmond moved on and plumber has gone to tatong?
What's going on with these blokes going to tatong then going back again??????

Looking at the clearances again and I see some of north wangs recruits have moved on already. Fraser Elliott, Richmond moved on and plumber has gone to tatong?
What's going on with these blokes going to tatong then going back again??????

Plummer signed with Tatong a while back but wanted to play with Owen Paterson. Elliott moved to Melb I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey boys I didn't get a chance to watch Blacks Vs Greta on the weekend but a few boys from trade school keep going on about a goal kicked in the opening quarter by Benalla's full forward.
They are talking it up as one of the best they have ever seen.
Did anyone happen to get any footage?
They tell me this kid is something special I think I might have to get upto Bright to see some of his magic with my own eyes!

Hey boys I didn't get a chance to watch Blacks Vs Greta on the weekend but a few boys from trade school keep going on about a goal kicked in the opening quarter by Benalla's full forward.
They tell me this kid is something special I think I might have to get upto Bright to see some of his magic with my own eyes!

I have also heard the same thing Seahunt. few of the boys were talking about it at training on Tuesday night, they were really talking it up but im not too sure that its as good as what people are saying. by the sounds of it, it would have been a thing to c!! unfortunately we were getting a flogging from Whorouly.

looking forward to getting out to Glenrowan for a look on Saturday to check out this well drilled Whorouly side. with the two pronged attack up forward in Marek and Leahy i think they can go better this week and kick 30 between them, remembering that Swanpool beat Glenrowan in their practice match. i dont think any of the Glenrowan's backs will go with them... maybe one of those boys will kick 30 on their own? They look like two fantastic forwards and im not sure if their are any backs in the league that will go with them.
my tips for the round are:
Boonie Doon over Tatong by 3 goals in a close one
Benalla All Blacks to just get over the line against Bright at Bright
Whorouly to kick the biggest score of the year against Glenrowan, tipping they will get up by around 200 points
North Wang over Greta
Moyhu will smash Swanpool by over 25 goals
King Valley to win comfortably over Goorambat by at least 20 goals
and the match of the roand Tarra to just get over the line in a nail biter.
Could see some cricket scores on Saturday boys

I think the goal was kicked by a Michael Donohue or "Frankie" as the bench called him. To quote the Coodabeens, the boy "can play". Was very impressive, moves well & looked dangerous when the ball was inside the Blacks 50.

I think the goal was kicked by a Michael Donohue or "Frankie" as the bench called him. To quote the Coodabeens, the boy "can play". Was very impressive, moves well & looked dangerous when the ball was inside the Blacks 50.

At the risk of inflating Franky's ego, it was a freak goal ( absolute arse ),he was chasing the ball into the left fp close to the boundary, as the ball bounced up he kicked it on the outside of his right boot and it sailed thru from a very deep in the pocket ....hope you can follow that, it was highlight reel stuff...

My tips for the weekend:

Bonnie Doon v Tatong - very close maybe doon by 2 goals, class in dunne to get them over the line
Blacks by 35points over bright - still have a few class players bright only has steve nightingale.
Whorouly to win by so much the score board runs out of numbers
North Wang by 45 points.
Moyhu over the pool by a lazy 160 points
Valley at the valley by 100, sesho to kick 12
And tara (hopefully for everyones sake) over milawa 2 points.

Just having a quiet lemonade ( not allowed stubbies fri night ) and contemplating who is the best all round player in the league.....I still rate Nutta as No1, not because we're playing them tomoz but his consistency and achievements over the last 5 years are second to none IMO.....Other thoughts .???

Just having a quiet lemonade ( not allowed stubbies fri night ) and contemplating who is the best all round player in the league.....I still rate Nutta as No1, not because we're playing them tomoz but his consistency and achievements over the last 5 years are second to none IMO.....Other thoughts .???

I've been thinking about this myself slim. My shortlist (off the top of my head so apologies for anyone I forget) would be Nutta, Richie Leahy, Dan McLaughlin, Anthony McGuire, Jason Humphries, Jack Stamp, Steve Williamson, Nathan Waite, Ryan Craig, Finton Eames, Daniel Barassi and Brendan Sesssions.

Standouts there are Nutta and Finton for what they've produced over a period of time. As for right now, tough comparing different types, but if I was to pick one player to build a team around I'd be tempted to pick Richie Leahy.

Remove this Banner Ad

OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back