OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumors going around that milawa had meeting of some description on Tuesday night about player departures from the club.........
Not good by the sounds of it, GIF.

Players leaving left, right and centre with a few more to follow.

Heard of about 5-6 more key senior players MAY walk.
But on the flip side, I have also been told by others that 3-4 of these players had signed or were not leaving :confused:

Should be a couple of interesting weeks to keep Nonch and Twelve Goals busy...

A couple of early predictions for 2012...

Leading Goalkicker - J. Wilson (Moyhu)
"Twelve Goals" will be bobbing up everywhere with the new talent they have recruited out Moyhu way.

Baker Medal - J. Rea (King Valley)
Valley has recruited well and Jono just keeps finding the pill and polling well.
KV will be a BIG improver in my opinion and I think the Moyhu youngsters will take too many votes off each other.

Top Eight in no particular order -
- Moyhu (CLEARLY the team to beat again this year)
- Whorouly (Keeping quiet and likely to be there in the last couple of weeks)
- Tarrawingee (Always seem to put a good side on the paddock)
- King Valley (Recruited well over summer. The BIG improver)
- Milawa (Mass exodus of players, but should fill a bottom spot in the eight)
- Greta (Will be pushing for top four with the addition of McGuire and the improvement of it's youngsters)
- North Wangaratta (Have to make the eight with all the recruiting, don't they?)
- Benalla All Blacks (Will need to find a 60+ goalkicker to sneak into 6th, 7th or 8th)

Not good by the sounds of it, GIF.

Players leaving left, right and centre with a few more to follow.

Heard of about 5-6 more key senior players MAY walk.
But on the flip side, I have also been told by others that 3-4 of these players had signed or were not leaving :confused:

Should be a couple of interesting weeks to keep Nonch and Twelve Goals busy...

TGN the interesting thing of this meeting was the senior coach didn't say a word I am hearing.

Would think he would be the one stressing the point not the senior players but maybe they listen and respect those players more than there coach.
KV have scouted a few of there 2nds players too which will hurt. The wheels seem to have come off out at the sandpit.:D

TGN the interesting thing of this meeting was the senior coach didn't say a word I am hearing.

Would think he would be the one stressing the point not the senior players but maybe they listen and respect those players more than there coach.
KV have scouted a few of there 2nds players too which will hurt. The wheels seem to have come off out at the sandpit.:D

Maybe the coach doesn't see this as a problem

milawa stil have some very handy players, and enough depth to cover most of the players they've lost.

williamson. pell. stamp ,gardner, usher, sims, okeefe, oats, burke, holgate,clarke
and then some guys from the Res , paine, jones, hallinan, keane, coles,all who have all played seniors

milawa stil have some very handy players, and enough depth to cover most of the players they've lost.

williamson. pell. stamp ,gardner, usher, sims, okeefe, oats, burke, holgate,clarke
and then some guys from the Res , paine, jones, hallinan, keane, coles,all who have all played seniors

I had heard holgate was not playing again this season. Not traveling again.

And O'Keeffe was retiring

Yes handy players but I don't think they will cover what they lost. Blokes still walking out, and some of those players aren't as good as they think they are.....
Maybe placing Sims in the role was a step backwards for this club!!;)

Yes handy players but I don't think they will cover what they lost. Blokes still walking out, and some of those players aren't as good as they think they are.....
Maybe placing Sims in the role was a step backwards for this club!!;)

Not sure how you can bag a club that has been so successful for a long period of time..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would hav to agree cc here are my 2012 predictions...

-King Vally
-Nth Wang
-Moyhu
-Whorouly
-Tarra
-Milawa
-Bonnie doon
-Benalla

Leading goalkicker -B.Sessions Baker medal -J.Rea

Wooden spoon -Glenrowan

Talking to a few of the Moyhu boys and they're expecting to be competitive again this season, without getting ahead of themselves. Whorouly will have to be the big improvers with the recruits they've picked up and the return from injury of West and a couple of others. Nth Wang will also improve with the recruits (Elliott and Bihun well worth the huge money) they have added to an improving 2011 list? K.V. have also topped up with some experienced recruits with Williams and Schueremann the standouts.
I can't see the teams that played off in the 2011 finals changing and should consist of;
Whorouly, Nth. Wang, K.V, Moyhu, Greta, Tarra, Milawa and All Blacks.

Is there a challenger from the bottom six teams??

And slim I don't think you'd seriously wish Benalla's injuries on your worst enemy, would you?

Maybe you'd wish it on Milawa...

May not need to Nonch, it sounds like they may self destruct if one was to believe the rumours...

Any word yet on what B Newton is doing ???

Pretty piss poor if it's true....... I was told that on the Tatong preseason camp out at lake Nillahcootie, while they were pissed in the evening, they thought it would be a good idea to get the boxing gear out.... THE COACH knocked out one of the players (Barry)

Remove this Banner Ad

OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back