OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on JAM....Probably should have won 2010 and 2011....Hopefully we've removed the on field attitude for this year....Totally different feel out on the track at the moment..:thumbsu:

Sorry have to disagree here. Only my opinion but the best two sides fought out the gf in 2010, and thats why it was such a great spectacle to watch and last years gf was just as good to watch. I dont believe its just onfield attitude that cost blacks and milawa last year it was off field attitude too. Thoughts... Why do you believe you "probably should have won 2010 and 2011' slim? Thats a pretty big statement to say for a team that only won one final out of 5 it played in those two years. And please dont use the injury excuse. Whorouly, Tarra and K'valley didnt use it as an excuse.

Both sides half right. Benalla wasn't quite good/experienced enough to win it in 2010.

Regardless of attitude, I don't think they could have won it last year with the injuries they had. I think it's fair to use injuries as an excuse when you have 6-7 of your top 12 missing.

At their best they had the potential to win it either year.

Both sides half right. Benalla wasn't quite good/experienced enough to win it in 2010.

Regardless of attitude, I don't think they could have won it last year with the injuries they had. I think it's fair to use injuries as an excuse when you have 6-7 of your top 12 missing.

Totally agree injuries did cost them in both the reserves and seniors but at the end of the day you can't change what happens..

Sorry have to disagree here. Only my opinion but the best two sides fought out the gf in 2010, and thats why it was such a great spectacle to watch and last years gf was just as good to watch. I dont believe its just onfield attitude that cost blacks and milawa last year it was off field attitude too. Thoughts... Why do you believe you "probably should have won 2010 and 2011' slim? Thats a pretty big statement to say for a team that only won one final out of 5 it played in those two years. And please dont use the injury excuse. Whorouly, Tarra and K'valley didnt use it as an excuse.

Injuries more so 2011 not so much 2010. reserves would of won the flag by a mile last year and the seniors would of been there abouts if they didn't have a heap of blokes injured cruising believe it or not mate.

failed B&D 2s player.....

from what i hear troota thats a hell of alot further than what you ever got.and failed as in three senior grand final wins and two reserve grand final wins?or failed because i havent played for all blacks in how many grand final wins over the years??how many was that i cant remember how many flags you guys have won oh but thats right you had injuries unlike any other club:D

from what i hear troota thats a hell of alot further than what you ever got.and failed as in three senior grand final wins and two reserve grand final wins?or failed because i havent played for all blacks in how many grand final wins over the years??how many was that i cant remember how many flags you guys have won oh but thats right you had injuries unlike any other club:D

every side has a bench warmer...... sounds like you were a very good one

As always Nonch, the voice of reason......C56, 2010 we started like trains but couldn't maintain the momentum,, 2011 started the same way but only managed 1 step further and yes I will use the injury excuse there, at the end of the day thought we had the opportunity to win the PF but a couple of blokes lost the plot and snuffed out any chance we had of winning...

The word "Probably" is a critical reference for our potential and performace over those 2 seasons, not a statement saying we deserved the flags....That's the unfotunate thing about online forums, context often goes out the window...:thumbsu:

Haven't been involved with O&K long but have consistently heard rumours All Blacks were easily distracted on field. Watched Pickering run rings around Greta players for 3 quarters last year, yet the moment he got caught he threw the ball away, remonstrated with the umpire, then pushed his tackler to the ground & gave away a 50. Yet they were 8 goals up at the time & cruising!!
Whilst only one incident, from what I'm hearing it kind of highlights where All Blacks need to improve, injuries or not.

Haven't been involved with O&K long but have consistently heard rumours All Blacks were easily distracted on field. Watched Pickering run rings around Greta players for 3 quarters last year, yet the moment he got caught he threw the ball away, remonstrated with the umpire, then pushed his tackler to the ground & gave away a 50. Yet they were 8 goals up at the time & cruising!!
Whilst only one incident, from what I'm hearing it kind of highlights where All Blacks need to improve, injuries or not.

So can we move on from the all blacks?

Does anyone know how glenrowan are going? Haven't heard anything!

People have short memories....Blacks started a long way back and have slowly turned the club around......and while the last 2 finals campaigns haven't been successful, it is a massive step forward for a club who were known for there horrible on & off field behaviour.........while there is still work to do, I think the mud that has been slung at them in the last few posts is uncalled for.
Tarrawingee were in the same boat a number of years ago....they got rid of the losers, got good people involved, built up a good culture, attracted good players to the club and eventually were good enough to win the while thing.

People have short memories....Blacks started a long way back and have slowly turned the club around......and while the last 2 finals campaigns haven't been successful, it is a massive step forward for a club who were known for there horrible on & off field behaviour.........while there is still work to do, I think the mud that has been slung at them in the last few posts is uncalled for.
Tarrawingee were in the same boat a number of years ago....they got rid of the losers, got good people involved, built up a good culture, attracted good players to the club and eventually were good enough to win the while thing.

Totally agree with you there EB. There are certain sides we throw crap on that maybe don't need it. Each side has its turn of being near the bottom in any comp. Clubs that throw "Silly" money around go there quick but the sides that have better people on their boards etc make sure that money isn't "Silly".
We have mentioned the Dream team but if they win the thing well good on em, but hopefully it doesn't effect them.
Milawa might be in the same boat this year after having a few players depart.

Hopefully the cycle is slowly turning at these B & D clubs and in a few years time they can be playing finals and it might be the Moyhu, Tarra, Milawa sides missing out.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey boys, back from my "red card" got no idea what i did to deserve a bit of time in the hot seat but im back. what have i missed? how is everyone travelling with their pre season campaigns? good numbers etc

Cheque's in the mail EB..:thumbsu::D

Hey boys, back from my "red card" got no idea what i did to deserve a bit of time in the hot seat but im back. what have i missed? how is everyone travelling with their pre season campaigns? good numbers etc

Yeah we have had some pretty good NO's BF. I'm sure a few more will turn up closer to round 1 as is always the case!
How are you blokes travelling? I hear your getting a few to training which is good to see.
It seems everyone is doubting you blokes again BF. What is the feeling like down there?

Yeah we have had some pretty good NO's BF. I'm sure a few more will turn up closer to round 1 as is always the case!
How are you blokes travelling? I hear your getting a few to training which is good to see.
It seems everyone is doubting you blokes again BF. What is the feeling like down there?

probably the smartest thing i have ever heard u say swan song! we r travelling nicely atm. getting 40+ at training each night. we r used to be doubted SS, i dont think it would really matter if we won the GF we would still get doubted. the feeling is the best we have had for the past 5 years i think, all the boys r loving it down there. great club and bunch of blokes!

From what i have been told the board has lost faith in his ability in all areas of the game and the fact that they are unable to recruit any players because they dont want to play under him.

From what i have been told the board has lost faith in his ability in all areas of the game and the fact that they are unable to recruit any players because they dont want to play under him.

That will be a shame so close to the start of the season for the club as a whole.

Any ideas who would take over? Williamson?

The club's president just told me he hasn't heard anything about this.

Are you really "in the know" or just making shit up?

Remove this Banner Ad

OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back