OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a bit harsh Slim.:rolleyes: After 2010 no less than 7 Benalla players left the club. Most were great for the club but one in particular who was on our "payroll" was selected to play in the first final held at Benalla Showgrounds in 2010 but was a late withdrawal. Despite living in Benalla he didn't even show up to support his teammates!!! So some we were sad to see go, some we couldn't see the back of quick enough!

Gone fishing there Slim, so I expect a fast pre concocted response. These are the players that I could come up with that have played for Blacks this year and have also played for the Saints in the past; Brendan Smith, Mick Wright, Todd Rogers, Steve Pickering, Rich Martiniello, Tony Evans, Joel Hearn, Richard Bull, Brendan Derbyshire and Damien Hernan. There's a few others but I'm sure you help me out. Which song do they sing after the game? :)

Bet you can't name three ex saints players that have played for Greta this year.

Yep and got the anticipated bites..:D

I would have to agree very suprised with league runner up prob wouldnt pick him in top twenty. Plus it show's u only need to play good against bottom eight side's to make team of year or kick 22 against worst side since O&K started. So how do we all think this week's finals will pan out? I would have to say apart from us smashing Greta should be some good game's, would have to be one of the best finals line ups for a while! Benalla by 35pts unfortunately over tarra. Milawa 24pts bit too classy for Moyhu. Whorouly 20pts over Nth wang prob two best sides i've seen. What's everyone's thought's?

I would have to agree very suprised with league runner up prob wouldnt pick him in top twenty. Plus it show's u only need to play good against bottom eight side's to make team of year or kick 22 against worst side since O&K started. So how do we all think this week's finals will pan out? I would have to say apart from us smashing Greta should be some good game's, would have to be one of the best finals line ups for a while! Benalla by 35pts unfortunately over tarra. Milawa 24pts bit too classy for Moyhu. Whorouly 20pts over Nth wang prob two best sides i've seen. What's everyone's thought's?
Would love Greta to finally play four quarters in one week but KV by something similar to last years margin which was 42 or thereabouts, Tarra by 10, Moyhu by 10 in an upset, Whorouly in a close one.

Spot on with Tarra and not far off with Moyhu!

So the two favorites lost in the battle of the top four!! Leahy a loss for whorouly if he doesn't come back in. Did he miss finals last year because of injury??

Milawa will be hurting after that narrow loss. I heard sims gave them a fair old spray after the game......

Leahy a loss for whorouly if he doesn't come back in. Did he miss finals last year because of injury??

Yeah he missed the final against Moyhu with a groin/hip injury last year. Not sure he would have got Whorouly over the line on Saturday - their biggest issue was not winning the hard ball and constant skill errors. They were still fairly efficient when they went forward. Trev Vyner may have been the bigger loss.

Would love Greta to finally play four quarters in one week but KV by something similar to last years margin which was 42 or thereabouts, Tarra by 10, Moyhu by 10 in an upset, Whorouly in a close one.

Wow very good predictions Bunyip who ya picking to make it to the big one? I think after watchin sat u would have to say Nth Wang will make it they were awesome. Wouldn't have made a differance leahy played they just didn't get there hands on it through the middle, Nth should hav one by a lot more. I think Moyhu could surprise a few.

Yeah he missed the final against Moyhu with a groin/hip injury last year. Not sure he would have got Whorouly over the line on Saturday - their biggest issue was not winning the hard ball and constant skill errors. They were still fairly efficient when they went forward. Trev Vyner may have been the bigger loss.

Yeah vyner would have been a big loss if they were getting smashed at the stoppages! Baker was out for north Wang as well.

Will Beavis got or will he get off? Anyone see what happened?

Yeah vyner would have been a big loss if they were getting smashed at the stoppages! Baker was out for north Wang as well.

Will Beavis got or will he get off? Anyone see what happened?
Saw the Beavis incident but it's hard to say. It happened so quickly when the game was really humming late in the third. Gus Beckenham lives in Melb so not sure how the tribunal will deal with this if he's to give evidence. Plus I'm not sure what he could add. From memory he spun out of the pack with the ball & Beavis sort of launched at him. The reporting umpire gestured to indicate he thought Beavis had raised his forearm in getting Gus high. It was definitely high but hardly reportable I thought. Gus didn't have a mark on him after the game which suggests Beavis was unlucky.

Wow very good predictions Bunyip who ya picking to make it to the big one? I think after watchin sat u would have to say Nth Wang will make it they were awesome. Wouldn't have made a differance leahy played they just didn't get there hands on it through the middle, Nth should have one by a lot more. I think Moyhu could surprise a few.
Pure & utter luck I'd suggest. Have to eat humble pie on North Wang though. Was expecting they'd exit in straight sets.The mere fact they've a healthy list when other finalists are missing key players is crucial & if Leahy remains doubtful that alone may be the difference. Having seen Moyhu come from the clouds against us I never write them off. Some may differ but KV did little to impress me yesterday. They played much better in Week 1 of the finals last year with an inferior list. Clearly the KV natives were expecting a blow out. Some were getting pretty frustrated when the Blues started matching them late in the third & the game tightened up. Blamed the hat wearers for everything but global warming!!! Not sure what next weeks match ups are but from what I saw I wouldn't expect KV to trouble either Milawa or Whorouly, they may match Tarra though.

Caught a bit of the Tarra v Benalla game on the weekend and noticed Tarra have a lot of good players not playing, could be dangerous if they get they get them back, anyone update??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much value there! Tarra only $2.20 to win three straight games against Whorouly, Moyhu and ??? Realistically they would have to be $10-12...
Sorry about not much value, just what I would give! I think ya proper odds would be more.
Moyhu $3.50
Nth Wang $4.00
Milawa $4.50
Whorouly $5.00
Tarra $7.00
K Vally $8.50
Just a guess at what sports bet or something would have.

Remove this Banner Ad

OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back