Old Scholars Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely.

Am sure quite a few of the players would be more than happy to go back to at least being competitive every couple of weeks.
All club go though rough patches. Remember St Virgils a few years a go?
Like every other rebuild, they need to go out and get 5 or so GOOD players to start and turn things around.

How many did St Virgils have missing from their senior side over the weekend?
At least a half dozen I heard. Jeeez they looked ordinary, DOSA hadn't of kicked 1-11 the last quarter and it would've been easily 150+ points.
Tipping Ships and DOSA for the grannie still.
Can't see the other mounting a good case to be in it.

All club go though rough patches. Remember St Virgils a few years a go?
Like every other rebuild, they need to go out and get 5 or so GOOD players to start and turn things around.
No club in the history of Tasmanian football has lost more in a row then Richmond has though.

So in terms of rough patches, it’s the roughest patch in the history of the game here in Tas.

If they don’t recruit like you say at the end of this year, they should go back to the ODFA. This to atleast try something different. Isn’t the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and getting the same result?

No club in the history of Tasmanian football has lost more in a row then Richmond has though.

So in terms of rough patches, it’s the roughest patch in the history of the game here in Tas.

If they don’t recruit like you say at the end of this year, they should go back to the ODFA. This to atleast try something different. Isn’t the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and getting the same result?
Problem being is that if Richmond pull out of the OSFA it will seriously put the comp under pressure to find another club to come in.
I'm not sure if any of the SFL clubs would be interested in jumping ship and joining the OSFA.

Problem being is that if Richmond pull out of the OSFA it will seriously put the comp under pressure to find another club to come in.
I'm not sure if any of the SFL clubs would be interested in jumping ship and joining the OSFA.
Hobart would be the perfect option imo. No colts like the OSFA clubs and central located like the OSFA clubs.

Hobart would be the perfect option imo. No colts like the OSFA clubs and central located like the OSFA clubs.
Problem with Hobart FC is they're too busy trying to be all "nice guys" but have a rep of being extremely stingy & tight with money and are happier to just be on the ground than actually winning anything. It's why they can never attract or keep good players.
Not only do they struggle on field but they appear to have almost no supporters anymore and a handful of weary looking volunteers.
Be lucky to last five years out IMO.
To expand on that, they seem to be overly reliant on their Super Rules team to keep them above water, both playing and running things because again they can't attract any decent standard players and a lot of their older workers appear to have packed it in.
Not sure if replacing Richmond with Hobart would see any positive changes tbh.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were up by 40 points weren’t they? Wouldn’t say robbed, I’d say they lost that game themselves.
I was inclined to think the same earlier in the week but after talking to a neutral supporter during the week who watched the game, he felt Hutchins were indeed very hard done by by the men in fluoro.

Grand final on Saturday at league HQ.

Reserves is DOSA v Uni.
Seniors is DOSA v OHA.

Should be two absolute belters of games!

I think DOSA might take out the twos, the seniors I'm 50/50 on.
As great as DOSA have been this year OHA have been in up and down form of late but their best might be enough.
And DOSA seem to have this ability to **** it up when they should win at times.
Dunno - maybe DOSA 15 points but either side winning won't be a surprise. Will be a good game!

Grand final was a bit of a fizzer, OHA pretty easily over DOSA by 7 goals.
Chooks never looked like it from about late in the second quarter onwards, by far their worst performance of the year.
They actually looked underdone, their ball handling was ordinary and the turnovers were killing them.
Ships were way too good after half time.

DOSA won the magoos over Uni by 12 points.
Good turnout, not sure maybe between 1500 & 2000 there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Old Scholars Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back