H.B.K

Senior List
Jun 8, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Casey, DOSA
Any information or talk on the competition of the old schools.
How about peoples opinion on a supposed team to play the ODFA as mentioned by Blair Brownless.
Views on who people think will win the flags in both seniors and ressies and maybe players who are playing ressies who are good enough to play ones.

Does anyone on this board play old scholars or watch it, as I believe this competition is at least as good as regional league as teams like Hutchins and DOSA could beat Central Hawks etc...

For the ODFA. If you want a one-sided slaughter then go right ahead. Otherwise don't bother.

Couldn't agree more Ozguy, but that is assuming any of the Old Scholar players would actually want to risk playing against an ODFA team. Lets face it, it would have no meaning or prestige and would simply put good players at risk of injury or thuggery.

It is amazing that there are no games this weekend though. It would have been a good opportunity for clubs to attract bigger crowds along and therefore make more $$.

In all seriousness, I think the Regional League v the OSFA would be a worthwhile Rep Game.

I don't know that there would be much between the two sides, most of the players would know/know of their opponents and there would be considerable intent on each side not to lose to the other comp!

Wilbur/Ozguy?

zippybunny?

Oh that's right, you're banned!

Yeah, an OSFA rep side would be more than competitive with a SFL Regional rep team. There are some fair players running around, although I don't know if the standard is quite what it was 3 or 4 years ago (in my day....:D always wanted to say that having heard it from every past player!).

Zippy hasn't been red carded has he? That's a great shame, we are missing his insightful comments and wit. :rolleyes:

I agree, playing in the OSFA myself we know we are at least of equal quality to the good Regional League teams.

But the question I asked was what do people think a rep team for the Old Scholars look like; who do people here think are the best players, theres the obvious like Palfreyman, Rogers, Allen, Drury, Bannister and Daft but what do people here think is the best team

Truth is if you took half the Hutchins line up, a quarter of DOSA and made up the rest from the other clubs you'd be close to the mark.

OHA has Bannister, Marsland (x 2), Heenan, Doc Ryan, Unsworth who all would be worthy...and of course Gracie18.

Richmond has Barwin, Daft, and a few others too.

Uni has Burgess, Haremza....

I'll have a think about it.

Most of the players from SVC haven't had the year alot of us expected, Batchelor aside

Would it be fair to say Wilbur, that our old team mate T.Green hasn't had the year SVC would have hoped for thus far?

Yeah, maybe. Mind you I have only seen him play one game. Although I have not seen his name in the best players too often. He should have come to OHA Barge - just like yourself. :)

They could both do with some help (OHA and St Virgils), because to be honest they are both struggling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only problem is I can't stagger home from Geilston Bay after a big Saturday night.

Well, technically I can, but it would be Monday by the time I got home.

Only problem is I can't stagger home from Geilston Bay after a big Saturday night.

You could always share a cab with Gracie18 who lives in North Claremont :D

Richmond have been the surprise packet, especially given the poor numbers they have had on the track, but it appears to be a two horse race at this stage.

Tell me, only monday ya reckon? You do realise inbetween Gielston Bay and Claremont there is Mcdonalds, KFC, Legs and Breasts and a large number of pizza and corner shops. It maybe a monday u crawl back into your box but it would be a few weeks after the inital event.

The Vegetarian himself returns to bigfooty!

I'm staggered for someone who has never lived North of Moonah that you seem to know the exact location of EVERY SINGLE fast food outlet in the Northern Suburbs.

MY Northern Suburbs.

Any predictions for the up coming round of games??
Standout players for the round

Speaking of Batchelor, someone said the guy suffered a pretty brutal injury. One of the most diehard Collingwood fans ever. Any truth to the stories?

With the finals starting this week is the general feeling on here that the DOSA Roosters will suddenly feel that tight feeling in the throat region this week?

Or does that usually happen in a fortnight's time?

no doubt they will choke once again, with a bunch of selfish, soft as butter front runners like jelkic, rogers and harvey they are bound to not handle finals footy once again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back