Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably would've kicked another 5 if the umpires weren't blind either.... :p

It was actually a really good game out at Cadbury's on Saturday, hopefully the DOSA seniors can keep playing attacking football and surprise some of the other teams...
Good batch of young blokes as well as the old stalwarts, keeps the club fresh and why we may be a bit inconsistent at times

Yes I do agree with that hbk, i finally feel that the coach has got the side pretty correct. You have a good mix of youth and aged! Speed and strength, and are starting to look good!
I thought Honey should of come up weeks ago; you need a big body at CHF, Penright at FF is good, Harrison through the midfield is excellent, you need a big body in there!
Golding CHB is a given, he is the boss back there, great talent! And due to Pace with his shoulder(which is a shame, showed good potential) Beattie at FB, wouldn't of picked that, but has shown great strength and speed against lot bigger opponents.
All in all i would say DOSA are looking Ok. Unfortunately they are not like all the others who can pay for premierships, but like always they will put up an honest fight!

Saints are doing great Jelly. Seniors have only lost one game to the top undefeated team and the 2's are 5-0 despite a dozen changes each week. Good comp to play in. All fair nothing dirty at all. Skill level good. Would be a great match up against the SFL or Old Scholars best for sure.

Time for another go at the tips, i was hopeless last week. Uni let me down but i did say it could go either way. Richmond must be nearly at panic stations after their performance.

Here goes:

Uni by 100pts over Channel
Still rate Uni as a definate contender but do need all their guns to stay fit as their Reserves a average at best.

OHA by 30pts over St Virgils in what must be the match of the round, the Saints are the big improvers but OHA's experience should be too much.

Hutchin's to beat Richmond at Home by 2 goals, might sound silly but i spoke to a Richmond local yesterday who confirmed that all is not well off field, as has been spoke about previously on this thread. It's a shame because things like this tend to spread to onfield performances. Have the talent to turn things around but Hutchins midfield is a strong as any team on it's day so it should be a close one.

Time for another go at the tips, i was hopeless last week. Uni let me down but i did say it could go either way. Richmond must be nearly at panic stations after their performance.

Here goes:

Uni by 100pts over Channel
Still rate Uni as a definate contender but do need all their guns to stay fit as their Reserves a average at best.

OHA by 30pts over St Virgils in what must be the match of the round, the Saints are the big improvers but OHA's experience should be too much.

Hutchin's to beat Richmond at Home by 2 goals, might sound silly but i spoke to a Richmond local yesterday who confirmed that all is not well off field, as has been spoke about previously on this thread. It's a shame because things like this tend to spread to onfield performances. Have the talent to turn things around but Hutchins midfield is a strong as any team on it's day so it should be a close one.

How much above the salary cap are Richmond paying their players this year?

Calm yourself down thegame23, I in response to BigBadCam's comment was merely saying, as Wilbur35 was smart enough to realise, that I wasn't aware of an actual official Salary Cap in the OSFA, as opposed to the one that allegedly is policed in the SFL.

Agreed, they did throw some coin about - for the first time in a very long time might I add - however, I'm pretty confident Claremont wouldn't have gone near the salary cap last year.

Dare I ask which club you follow locally? One which I'm sure everyone plays for the love of the jumper.

You need not bother tg23 Barge is untouchable round these parts. If he says it then it's true don't you know how many sources he has, numerous insiders at each and every club. Hutchy is definitely on notice!! By the way he loves ripping into certain clubs at every opportunity but isn't a fan of copping a bit back, never question the KING of Tassie bigfooty:eek:

You need not bother tg23 Barge is untouchable round these parts. If he says it then it's true don't you know how many sources he has, numerous insiders at each and every club. Hutchy is definitely on notice!! By the way he loves ripping into certain clubs at every opportunity but isn't a fan of copping a bit back, never question the KING of Tassie bigfooty:eek:

Ha ha, this is a very very accurate statement! I have lost count of the number of times old Barge has managed to come up with the scoop of the day long before it becomes official!

Barge would make a very very good gestapo interrogator.

Just picture Barge in the background in a dimly lit smoke filled room with his "impeccable" information source tied up in a chair in front of him, spotlight glaring in his face.......

The voice of Barge croaks across the room.....

"Now I want you to tell me......."

Ha ha, this is a very very accurate statement! I have lost count of the number of times old Barge has managed to come up with the scoop of the day long before it becomes official!

Barge would make a very very good gestapo interrogator.

Just picture Barge in the background in a dimly lit smoke filled room with his "impeccable" information source tied up in a chair in front of him, spotlight glaring in his face.......

The voice of Barge croaks across the room.....

"Now I want you to tell me......."
Jack Bauer style me thinks, we could be onto something here. I can just see all the television and movie offers flooding in if only we could get the word out, maybe Barge already has his sources working on it:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Good Evening to you too!

Last time I checked I think I asked a question of thegame23. I'm still waiting on his answer so fail to see what it's got to do with you.

My many insiders? Oh well sorry if I know people.

Loves ripping in to certain clubs does he? Granted I've stirred up the Cadburys boys over the course of time, I'm wondering who the other clubS are you mention?

The King of Tassie Bigfooty eh? Well thank you for the compliment, but there is only one King.

KINGPIN!

And Good Evening to you too!

Last time I checked I think I asked a question of thegame23. I'm still waiting on his answer so fail to see what it's got to do with you.

My many insiders? Oh well sorry if I know people.

Loves ripping in to certain clubs does he? Granted I've stirred up the Cadburys boys over the course of time, I'm wondering who the other clubS are you mention?

The King of Tassie Bigfooty eh? Well thank you for the compliment, but there is only one King.

KINGPIN!
Your my hero Barge, gee i wish i could be as popular!! And last i checked it's an open forum and i'm entitled to voice any opinion within reason.
Keep going though bud, your fantastic for a laugh with your unbelievable insight into all things in Tassie footy! If only they would bite for me like this when i throw out a line on weekends...

Um, if it's an open forum where one can voice their opinion within reason, why do you get so excited over my contributions? Aren't I just doing as you say I'm entitled to?

As for my reference to my many insiders/sources/informers/moles/whatever, I again was replying to what you had written.

All this from me asking thegame23 who he supports?

Anything in particular I've said on here that has got you so excited?

Um, if it's an open forum where one can voice their opinion within reason, why do you get so excited over my contributions? Aren't I just doing as you say I'm entitled to?

As for my reference to my many insiders/sources/informers/moles/whatever, I again was replying to what you had written.

All this from me asking thegame23 who he supports?

Anything in particular I've said on here that has got you so excited?[/quote]

Not a relative of Big Kev by any chance Barge? As for opinions, look the word up in the dictionary my friend. You give rumour(true or not), innuendo and quote all these so called sources you have. That is NOT giving an opinion, it's plain sh!t stirring something you seem very accomplished in.

And yeah there was one particular post you wrote a few weeks back, and no i can't be bothered finding it, about your mates out at Cadbury's. It had something to do with a certain favourite son out that way and alleged reports you had gotten from one of your crew. I'm sure you know the one...

I ask what did that have to do with footy? Why did you feel the need to put it out there? Who's to say that individual doesn't read this forum and that made it even worse!! But who cares hey, as long as good old Barge looks good on bigfooty:rolleyes:

I worked out Claremont way for 3 years in an environment where your then coach was a frequent visitor. I got told that much crap about your club i could write an essay on it, some very juicy stuff too. But i never felt the need to jump on here and spout off to look the hero. I suppose that's where we differ 'ol great one, i like talking and reading footy not auditioning for a column in Woman's Day.

saints over he great almighty oha,saints are have ing a good month of footy.

uni just getting over channel not sure what the conditions was like at that game

Saints piled on 8 goals in the first 1/4, in wet conditions it was a great effort and OHA where pushing shit up hill to get back from that. The saints looked really good.

I think its a fair bet the conditions in the UNI Vs Channel game might have been a little wet unless they were playing inside somewhere:confused:

There could only be three places then, apart from the footy club bar!

1. Claremont TAB
2. Claremont Hotel
3. Claremont RSL
Yep could possibly be one of those three establishments and boy did i hear some doozies. Trying to narrow it down for a reason cad, i don't need big bad Barge hunting me down;)

Saints piled on 8 goals in the first 1/4, in wet conditions it was a great effort and OHA where pushing shit up hill to get back from that. The saints looked really good.

I think its a fair bet the conditions in the UNI Vs Channel game might have been a little wet unless they were playing inside somewhere:confused:
I watched the Saints play DOSA a few weeks back and they looked ok eventually getting up by a couple goals. Looks like they may have got a couple more players back and are flying now. Maybe the top 3 isn't as set in stone as most of us thought.

I watched the Saints play DOSA a few weeks back and they looked ok eventually getting up by a couple goals. Looks like they may have got a couple more players back and are flying now. Maybe the top 3 isn't as set in stone as most of us thought.

I think it has a lot of sorting still to do, and bar 1 team most games will be good games

Yep could possibly be one of those three establishments and boy did i hear some doozies. Trying to narrow it down for a reason cad, i don't need big bad Barge hunting me down;)

Ha ha, you never know.... you might end up tied to the chair with Barge's voice croaking across the room:eek: a la Jack Bauer style

"I promise you this will be over once you tell me........"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back