Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know who Uni's reserves coach is for season 2010. Heard a rumour that the clubs last premiership coach (reserves 2005), Steffan "The Greek God" Waight might be making a return to the coaching ranks?? If this is true it would be a massive pick up for the 'Rainbows'.. He is a very deep thinker of the game and and his strategys and structures he brings will only benefit the whole club. If this is true, expect nothing but ultimate success for Uni this year...:thumbsu:
Funniest post of the year!!! The Greek would be to worried about how many No.11's are getting up around the country in the races. Oh and how much he's having on Ascot race 1 number 1:eek:;)

True...but Coady isn't and never was one of them. Was a good player in his late 20's in a good side, but never a star.
The question is has he been back to training for Hutchins or was it a pre season rumour?? Coming from the Roosters, wouldn't of thought he would play there?? That being said having played against him a few years ago will be interesting to see if he is able to offer anything (As a former Captain/B&F at DOSA he would have some experience to give some of the younger guys maybe??).

On another side the Saints and UNI are looking good for 2010, jump on for great season!

Any other news on who is playing were?? any big recruits coming to the league?? Any big losses??

The question is has he been back to training for Hutchins or was it a pre season rumour?? Coming from the Roosters, wouldn't of thought he would play there?? That being said having played against him a few years ago will be interesting to see if he is able to offer anything (As a former Captain/B&F at DOSA he would have some experience to give some of the younger guys maybe??).

On another side the Saints and UNI are looking good for 2010, jump on for great season!

Any other news on who is playing were?? any big recruits coming to the league?? Any big losses??

On Big Footy on Xmas day mate. Not much happening in your household! :thumbsu:

D'''head it has nothing to do with me. Tell me what 36 yr plus guy is dominating footy in Tas. There is a difference in "was a good player" and "still is a good player". Unfortunately we all get old.:thumbsu:

Brad Davis is 37 was one of the best ruckman in the state last year, but most Hobart people probably havent heard of him

the bloke has a job to run,and did not know there was qaulity ruckmen playing these days,but i could be mistaken.
I take it you watched a few of his games then, just continuing the quality ruckmen topic, there was a bloke running round for new norfolk last year that you can throw into that category.

A.Burdon assistant coach with the saints
Any other christmas signings...???

Adam Whitford following him too. Heard a while ago Burdon couldn't stand playing under Anthony McConnon and hence went elsewhere to play where he "wouldn't have to play against his beloved Eagles".

Adam Whitford following him too. Heard a while ago Burdon couldn't stand playing under Anthony McConnon and hence went elsewhere to play where he "wouldn't have to play against his beloved Eagles".

Was that you Barge on the front of Todays Paper.......ha ha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are University going to be throwing around the cash again this year? Would be interested to know how many blokes hang around at the club or whether they continue on their chase for some cash.

Have heard the say rumour, but havent got to training for a look yet. Would be the best player in the comp if he does play.

A good pick up for any club but not the best in the comp. Definitely top 5. He would not be in front of Gilmore or Beams. Those two are very special players as Bruce would say. Does anyone know how Beams is coming back from his second knee reconstruction ???

How are clubs looking at the moment now we are nearly in Feb?. Dosa have been burning it up I hear. Good numbers on the track, 40 plus. obviously have good respect early for the new coach. Not sure how many can play though

Also hear that Richmond have not been training much and numbers have not been great, Is this true Richmond supporters?

Yeah sure, great player that can turn a game in seconds, but is soft, chucks in the towel and has a tantrum when things don't quite go his way.

Yeah sure, great player that can turn a game in seconds, but is soft, chucks in the towel and has a tantrum when things don't quite go his way.

Agree ability is not his problem. However he is not soft physically just mentally. You dont know which B Lorkin will turn up. He will also hardly train....

went and watched Uni train Wed night counted 14 on the track and the coach was not training with them. Of those 14 probably only 5 senior players. Have the wheels fell off at Jacksons Motor Company????

Lorkin also gave commitment to Huonville he would will play there and Kermandie have him on there list of players sent to SFL so I would think it will be an auction by lorkin to see who is the biggest bidder for his services.I hope channel don't break themselves with the dollars they have paid out!

Agree ability is not his problem. However he is not soft physically just mentally. You dont know which B Lorkin will turn up. He will also hardly train....

went and watched Uni train Wed night counted 14 on the track and the coach was not training with them. Of those 14 probably only 5 senior players. Have the wheels fell off at Jacksons Motor Company????

I wandered past once before christmas and saw about that many. Wasn't too concerned because it was only late November or something. But i have been past a couple of times this year and numbers haven't increased. However the skill level always seems to be of a good standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back