Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

I worried when he got the ball at the start of the season, but his kicking has gotten much more reliable. Must just come with the increased confidence?
Fly taught Cox to kick.
I think all our players kicking has improved from the Buckley era.
But if Fly can teach a guy who had never seen a Sherrin, then improving Markov’s foot skills shouldn’t have been to hard.

If there was betting markets on offer for it, I'd be willing to put a lot of money on him getting Best Clubman on Friday night. What a story that none of us saw coming in February. He has embraced everything that Fly is teaching the team. From playing with excitement, windscreen wiping mistakes, and strong connection with teammates.

The importance of timing - Leggy at Carlton's pre-season training.
Reverse Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Gets offered a contract at Collingwood while at Carlton training.

giphy.gif

I still swear he's a time traveler that has come to us from the golden era of Collingwood to guide us to another.

P.S- Is he a genuine Harry Highpants or does he have an abnormally long leg to upper body ratio?

Something is going on there.
He has a body?
You sure?
I can’t e get past the mo when looking at him.
Oh, and the grin. Huge, huge grin!

I still swear he's a time traveler that has come to us from the golden era of Collingwood to guide us to another.

P.S- Is he a genuine Harry Highpants or does he have an abnormally long leg to upper body ratio?

Something is going on there.
Well, his dad was a world champion pole vaulter so it would be in his genes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a character! My biggest fear is that he shaves that moustache for next season... I believe it contains his secret power.

Not much chance of that I suspect, given that the mo appears to have been the culmination of a body of work undertaken since his junior years...

Last edited:
Fly taught Cox to kick.
I think all our players kicking has improved from the Buckley era.
But if Fly can teach a guy who had never seen a Sherrin, then improving Markov’s foot skills shouldn’t have been to hard.

Not sure it was ever his skills, more his decision making and confidence. Even in the GF he should have backed himself and taken the shot instead of laying it up for Frampton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

Back