Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

How many fringe 28 year olds are running around for rebuilding teams? Not many.
As I said. I reckon he’ll play on next year and get the contract.

We’ve lost players in Carmichael and Murphy this year due to concussion, and players like Begg, Johnson, Bytel, Ryan would all get delisted before Markov I’d say.

As I said. I reckon he’ll play on next year and get the contract.

We’ve lost players in Carmichael and Murphy this year due to concussion, and players like Begg, Johnson, Bytel, Ryan would all get delisted before Markov I’d say.
Some of those are only rookie list players anyway.
Everyone has been shit this year. Not just him. Unfair to place all the blame and hate on him in my opinion
There’s no blame or hate thrown around.

In retrospect should have delisted him the moment he asked for a week off for his sisters cousins auntie’s wedding

name me one good game he has played this year
delist, wouldnt have him in the side for the rest of the year. see what Parker and Jiath can do in the last 5 rounds
He was good when he came back into the side against Carlton, provided his run that we have missed since last year, but has been average since then.

He's just in a bad run of form currently, as with most of our side.

We've seen what he can do at his best and at his best he is best 23. Don't think he should get delisted because he's in a bad patch of form, as with most of our side.

I'd trade him. See if we can get an upgrade of our third rounder to a second round pick this year. If no-takers, it's probably a pretty good indicator that he has no value and we should be replacing him and developing the likes of DeMattia, Parker, Jiath in that position. No point wasting valuable game experience on a 28 year old that at his best is the 23rd best player.

He was good when he came back into the side against Carlton, provided his run that we have missed since last year, but has been average since then.

We've seen what he can do at his best and at his best he is best 23. Don't think he should get delisted because he's in a bad patch of form, as with most of our side.

he is average footballer , erratic at best. if he isnt providing constant rebound, he should'nt be anywhere near the side as he is putrid defensively
lucky to have a premiership medal ahead of Noble

"Bad run of form"

Based on his career i would say this bad run of form is the player he truly is. Last year is more of an outlier.

name me one good game he has played this year
delist, wouldnt have him in the side for the rest of the year. see what Parker and Jiath can do in the last 5 rounds
Jiath looked like a tourist in Paris. He was lost out there against North. And his body couldn't hold up at senior level. Needs a preseason and I think he will be ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahhh what has happened. My favourite player

Just a shadow of what he was like in 2023 and it’s really upsetting, but will never stop supporting him. Hope he can turn it around!!!

I read somewhere he has a trigger in his contract this year for him to play on in 2025? Anyone have anymore info on that?
I was a huge fan last year - he impressed me so much with his speed and surprisingly decent foot skills.

Been awful pretty much every game he's played this year. I'm not sure why he's been selected still for the past few weeks.

He did the job last year
He kept his eye on the ball and the giants player blinked. and he got the ball to help win the game against the giants in prelim

But I think now…..
thanks all the best Oleg and good luck

he is average footballer , erratic at best. if he isnt providing constant rebound, he should'nt be anywhere near the side as he is putrid defensively
lucky to have a premiership medal ahead of Noble
Premiership player. Suck it up.

Markov has only ever been a role player. Useful depth beyond this year if we can spare the list spot. Picked a bad time to be out of contract though.

While I've been pleasantly surprised with Richards contested footy this year, I still don't see "defender" in him. Happy to put my faith in Jiath and Parker.
I'm more thinking back half runner and distributor - Nick and Noble aren't really defenders - I don't think Parker is either and Jiath aint close to being ready.

Jiath may become a good player for us, but based on what we saw of him in his one game, he’s miles behind what Markov brings.

You want to set up players for success.

What’s the point of throwing them in before they’re ready, and then we all sink the boot in and bang on about how the player is a spud and will never make it?

Jiath may become a good player for us, but based on what we saw of him in his one game, he’s miles behind what Markov brings.

You want to set up players for success.

What’s the point of throwing them in before they’re ready, and then we all sink the boot in and bang on about how the player is a spud and will never make it?

Remind me, what does Markov bring. Seen nothing from him this year. Was stunned he was granted a spot straight back in the side after taking a week off. Because he definitely didn’t deserve it on form

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

Back