Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

Remind me, what does Markov bring. Seen nothing from him this year. Was stunned he was granted a spot straight back in the side after taking a week off. Because he definitely didn’t deserve it on form

Markov in round 19 v Hawks: 7 disposals, 7 tackles, 3 Contested Possessions.

Jiath in round 14 v North: 5 disposals, 3 tackles, 1 Contested Possession, 2 Hamstring cramps.

Rather than select the best option, sometimes we’re forced to select the least worse option.

Markov in round 19 v Hawks: 7 disposals, 7 tackles, 3 Contested Possessions.

Jiath in round 14 v North: 5 disposals, 3 tackles, 1 Contested Possession, 2 Hamstring cramps.

Rather than select the best option, sometimes we’re forced to select the least worse option.

I get that, but our season is over, time to blood some youth, be that Parker, Jiath or Ryan when available in that half back role

I can’t believe he doesn’t run and rebound the ball at all this season with his supposed leg speed like he did in 23.

The only meaningful contribution he has made in 24 is attend a wedding.

Damning really what he has become.

an opinion, like everybody else, if you don’t like it, so be it.
He leaks goals, providing zero rebound this year, deal with it
Anyway, shouldn’t you be in the Allan thread proclaiming him as the second coming, or you gone off him now
I back our boys. Unlike you

I get that, but our season is over, time to blood some youth, be that Parker, Jiath or Ryan when available in that half back role

(1) We’re still a mathematical possibility to make finals. (As Fly would say, we’re “winners” 😉)

(2) Even if / when finals is a mathematical impossibility, ‘selection integrity’ still remains a thing. Sure, all things being equal, you play the kids ahead of the veterans - but that’s the point, you want the kids fighting for their spot rather than being gifted it. (As Fly would say, we’re “winners” 😉)

(3) You want to set players up for success. Throwing them in before they’re ready can be counter productive. Most of them have now had a taste of senior footy, they now know what is expected of them. Now t hey can work on their craft and their fitness. (As Fly would say, we’re “winners” 😉)

Would be a huge downfall if he was to be delisted at the end of the season. I wouldn’t mind keeping him around as depth, but my gosh he’s been uninspiring this season.

I don’t think he’s changed much as a player, the core of the team just isn’t good enough to cover his flaws now.

I think he’d be good for the VFL team next year if our best 23 is good enough to keep him out of the side.

he is average footballer , erratic at best. if he isnt providing constant rebound, he should'nt be anywhere near the side as he is putrid defensively
lucky to have a premiership medal ahead of Noble
There's a reason he was in the side for finals and not Noble. He's not lucky to have a premiership medal, he earned that spot. If noble played in the Grand Final instead of Markov dare I say we would've lost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a reason he was in the side for finals and not Noble. He's not lucky to have a premiership medal, he earned that spot. If noble played in the Grand Final instead of Markov dare I say we would've lost

yeh he earned his spot last year, lucky he had a 10-15 week window where he actually done something unlike every other game he has played with us. Noble struggled at the wrong time in a 100 game career

i dont rate him, think we should move past him

Not having a ping at your comment but curious your thoughts on winning/losing on the age old Gini out/Noble in?

Or come to think about it, wouldn’t have been a like for like player anyhow 😬

Not having a ping at your comment but curious your thoughts on winning/losing on the age old Gini out/Noble in?

Or come to think about it, wouldn’t have been a like for like player anyhow 😬
I feel noble cracks in high pressure situations easier than others, and no doubt some crucial mistakes would’ve been made by him in the granny.

Although Ginny didn’t do much in the grand final (just wasted a set shot opportunity by trying to snap it), and I would much rather noble have that medal over him, he still played his role and we still won as a result, and wouldn’t change anything regarding the players in our Granny team that would put the final result in jeopardy

I feel noble cracks in high pressure situations easier than others, and no doubt some crucial mistakes would’ve been made by him in the granny.

Although Ginny didn’t do much in the grand final (just wasted a set shot opportunity by trying to snap it), and I would much rather noble have that medal over him, he still played his role and we still won as a result, and wouldn’t change anything regarding the players in our Granny team that would put the final result in jeopardy
Noble would have come in for Markov, so the comparison with Ginni is rather pointless. Agree with you though that he had an almost game and a few conversions would have changed the perception.

The only change in hindsight I would have made was ginni sub for lipinski.

Noble would have come in for Markov, so the comparison with Ginni is rather pointless. Agree with you though that he had an almost game and a few conversions would have changed the perception.

The only change in hindsight I would have made was ginni sub for lipinski.
Yeah. As I said above. I just don’t think noble would’ve performed as well as Markov in the grand final if he were in the side

really?

Sounds like it. Can’t see why he was re-signed at this stage of the year. Could have probably been the last piece in the puzzle to retain on minimum chips or delist.

Club must see a role for him beyond 2024. Signing a few players they want to retain gives more certainty about how much cash they’ve got to splash on potential recruits, or how much they can offer others like Pendles et al.

Club must see a role for him beyond 2024. Signing a few players they want to retain gives more certainty about how much cash they’ve got to splash on potential recruits, or how much they can offer others like Pendles et al.
If Pendles was a good club man he would accept a $250k contract for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Oleg Markov

Remove this Banner Ad

Back