Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Filo , Christie, McQuade, Boyd, Mathey, Dunstan, Wheeler, Conlan, Bracher, Morrison, Longmire, there’s the A-graders. Holland dean on standby, thought he might’ve got a guernsey on current form. Filo was the standout choice for captain, most experienced bloke out there, blistering form and keeps calm.

Make. us proud men , don’t rest on the importance of representive football . State of Origin and these territory battles were what it was all about . Short socks , no more men in white , bruise free rule changes. Let’s keep some sort of tradition alive for heavens sake. Rivals last week and the next, but for one day we go to war as brothers. You’ll find you keep the bond for many years, respect. I’ll be keeping a very keen eye . Could see the next Norman unearthed c

Filo , Christie, McQuade, Boyd, Mathey, Dunstan, Wheeler, Conlan, Bracher, Morrison, Longmire, there’s the A-graders. Holland dean on standby, thought he might’ve got a guernsey on current form. Filo was the standout choice for captain, most experienced bloke out there, blistering form and keeps calm.
So me very special player among the list

Footy is a great leveller.
I didn’t think GV would win.
Some on this thread have been embarrassingly arrogant.
Both teams far from their best, It’s a rare day when any team can pick their absolute best, it’s about what you do on the day.
12 months for redemption, interleague footy may not be dead.
I refuse to attend again until total buy in is adopted . The responsibility to wear this jumper has been lost on some

The O&M is filled with more AFL and VFL players than years gone past. A big chunk of them probably don’t even live in the area. They’ve played at higher levels so the interleague doesn’t really mean much to them. The crowds are low and the media coverage is low also highlighting lack of interest from outside the playing group as well.

Weighing in on the topic of the giant suspension, its not the first time it has happened in a local league. Trent Stanimirovich copped a substancial penalty at Glenrowan some years ago. Police were involved on that occassion as well
Paul Hodgkin another case.
From memory it may have been a Policemen he hit as well.

Big Larrry,,, you are so correct ,, this interleague stuff is now a joke ,, no pride
I’d love to see Crezza sign a ten year deal to take charge of the O&M representative stuff. Let him pick his own support crew and get blokes fair dinkum about the cause. Pick the strongest possible side and absolutely obliterate leagues like the GV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d love to see Crezza sign a ten year deal to take charge of the O&M representative stuff. Let him pick his own support crew and get blokes fair dinkum about the cause. Pick the strongest possible side and absolutely obliterate leagues like the GV.
I’m not sure of the selection criteria, but my guess would be that they did select the strongest possible side

I think the GV picked more of an Under 23 side with a few old heads to support them. There wasn't an ex-AFL player in the side ... certainly a few VFL listed younger blokes.
Did the O&M have any ex AFL players Silver? I actually went to the city for the weekend, and didn’t see the final side. I know Brodie Filo always puts his hand up to play. Credit to him for that

Im an O&M supporter ,, but credit to the GVFL for their win , regardless of the selection table be it who wanted to play who didnt want to play , which clubs didnt want their top players in the side and the number of Melbourne based players who couldnt give a rats arse playing these games.
Go back to the 1970s, 80s and 90s ,,, wow wasnt interleague good and the O&M were the most successful ..thats when player s cherished being selected and wouldnt miss playing ,,

Im an O&M supporter ,, but credit to the GVFL for their win , regardless of the selection table be it who wanted to play who didnt want to play , which clubs didnt want their top players in the side and the number of Melbourne based players who couldnt give a rats arse playing these games.
Go back to the 1970s, 80s and 90s ,,, wow wasnt interleague good and the O&M were the most successful ..thats when player s cherished being selected and wouldnt miss playing ,,
An annual match against the VFA, until they got sick of being flogged by ten goals. 🤣

See Raiders have recruited Mitch Robinson this week for the battle of the spoon. They might get lucky with Longmire likely to get the call up for Collingwood VFL with the injury list at the senior Pies.

How quickly can Corowa spend their 19 available points for this weekend?

Pretty crappy from raiders, spending up big to avoid the spoon. Let it be an even contest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back