On The Ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats Power said:
hahahaha about time you realise they are a bunch of ameteur ********ers.They cannot run the game, the match engine is just as bad as their management :rolleyes:

Yep i think ur right...the match engine is totally fukked and has no real logic to it

Bring on Dreamteam

Of course, EVERYONE in the game had as much warning as you guys, time to look ahead :p

Personally I won originally and lost the replay, a little disappointed but I'm glad the replay most people wanted was done and the bug is now done with.

Thats Power said:
hahahaha about time you realise they are a bunch of ameteur ********ers.They cannot run the game, the match engine is just as bad as their management :rolleyes:

Not sure why you're insulting the creators of the game, considering this is money out of their pockets and a lot of time that they've volunteered to put into this game.
Criticism of the game I can understand, pointing out flaws in the match engine and such is even constructive, but what you've just said is shocking.

Perhaps you would like to have a shot at doing this sort of thing yourself? Spend your money, put a load of time into it, and have people bag you for it?
Thought not ;)

Mahama said:
Not sure why you're insulting the creators of the game, considering this is money out of their pockets and a lot of time that they've volunteered to put into this game.
Criticism of the game I can understand, pointing out flaws in the match engine and such is even constructive, but what you've just said is shocking.
:rolleyes: .The admins in the OTB forum claims theres no problems with the OTB match engine for a good period of 12 months or more.Why this problem all of a sudden?I quit this game because exaboy said theres gonna be no replay.So i got my account cancelled.The very next day theres an announcement of replay :rolleyes: .I am not ********ed off about the bugs.I was ********ed off that exaboy said NO about the replay ********.Being childish about the decision making does'nt help even :rolleyes: .If they are honest that there are bugs instead of crying foul everytime then its fine.The match was replayed today and NONE of the blokes got prior notice to set up team settings and positions and if you read the OTB forums again, most of them are ********ed off.If you are telling me that is good management then i am better off staying away from this game.
Perhaps you would like to have a shot at doing this sort of thing yourself? Spend your money, put a load of time into it, and have people bag you for it?
Thought not
Why? i dont have any intentions of making a game or stuff and if i do..i will make sure i am consistent in my decision making.If you find my reaction shocking, you should go read OTB forums now.. there are too many ********ed off members there

Just stupid. WHy couldn't they run the game tomorrow or tonight or Sunday etc... not flipping during the day when no one is home without giving us a chance to change the lineup.

I went from 3rd to 3rd last on the ladder. Not that I'd care if it was the team I actually picked.

Great concept, sh*t delivery!

Munga said:
Yep, that's the way to handle it! Is this guy like 13yo or something?
Maybe a 13 year old brain instead.He just won't accept that the game is full of bugs and his management is ********.That is my main problem with this game. Great concept but run by 13 year olds :rolleyes: .This wouldnt be a problem at all if there WAS a preseason with exhibition matches.All this problem would have been sorted out before the season began.But hahahhahaha!it turned out to be a joke now.Good luck to those people who are still interested.Its a free online game like Mahama said make sure you are ENJOYING it :rolleyes: . I know i will be enjoying footy fanatic and dreamteam fully :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Munga said:
Well apart from the round 1 disaster, the game is good. I can handle a few bugs, just not stupidity.
I agree.The game is good (except a few bugs, although i think the season should be halted unless the bugs are sorted out fully), but the deicision making is ********.How does the ruckman works in the OTB match engine..i am still waiting to hear the explanation.But what are you talking about "apart from the round 1 disaster" :confused: , we havent even played round 2.The game is good..no doubt, i will be enjoying it next season..you guys enjoy the beta testing :D

Munga said:
Well apart from the round 1 disaster, the game is good. I can handle a few bugs, just not stupidity.
Exactly my thoughts mate.The situation was handled extremely ********.This game is going to be one of the best games around in a years time, make no mistake about that..but i SINCERELY hope that management and decision making will improve too.

i really do like the concept of this game.

unfortunatley, the gusy running it cant handle any criticism and dont know how to alert it's player.

the ONLY notification that was available was small type at the bommon of the screen when you logged in (from around about 11-11.30) saying that the lists had been reset and the games would be replayed after lunch.

when the hel,l exactly is after lunch anyway.

during this period i could not even get into the site as it seemed to be down, by the time the i could log in, it was about two and the games had been run.

i seriously dont think more than 10 odd people out of 260 had the correct list played.

either way, i'm just looking at the first round as a write off.

what ********es me off though, is that exa started the thread asking if we wanted replays, so he just decides that they will be rerun, not giving any decent warning. then we people complain, he labels everyone as being whingers.

anyway hopefully there will be minimal bugs, so the mods of this site cant screw things up much more.

as munga said, bugs yeah thats gunna happen, but stupidity can be avoided.

so in about a weeks time, the guys are gunna ask for money for platnium?!?!!?
yeah it's been a great trial so far.

this game was orignially going to be run last last year, but got beta tested for a few months. i would have loved to be involved in that to help out, but it makes me wonder if they actually fixed or tested anything back then.

god knows how things ran last season.

i will persist however in the hope that this game can take off. like i said the concept is fantastic. it needs out support, however frustraining it may be.

all i ask for is no more stupidity or uninformed hasty decisions from the mods.

Mahama said:
Of course, EVERYONE in the game had as much warning as you guys, time to look ahead :p

Personally I won originally and lost the replay, a little disappointed but I'm glad the replay most people wanted was done and the bug is now done with.
The bug aint done with, my players were still shuffled around it mad no difference to me except that i now lost by 20 pts instead of 110

Yeah, looks like everything ran smoothly this week.

I had a narrow loss, but got 1.5 rating in the midfield, so good signs I'd say. Just a bit wasteful but that should fix itself up considering I'm training kicking with a good kicking trainer.
Despite the loss I was very happy, everything looked great; my ruckman with a big height advantage got way more tap outs than my opponent, my full forward scored 4 goals 4 behinds, everything seemed quite perfect :)

May very well be early days, but you have to say well done to the developers for being able to go from chaos one week to such good standard the next.

Out of interest, did anyone in fact have any problems today?

No probs here. I got 1.5 in the midfield as well, and my ruck got more than double the hitouts of the opposition, and he also happens to be my best player with 17 footy's.
I won by 20 points but still am not happy the the team, a major reshuffle is on the cards....and some sackings! :D hahaha
A new signing today, he will start next week at CHF.
A few guys with 1.5 footy's, good sign.
Still peed with round one but what can you do?

sainters said:
Haha i have taken top spot in my league with 2 comfotable wins :D
Did you have your actual team in round one, or a random one?
I got whipped by 60 round 1, BS. Won by 20 round two. I hope at the end of the year one game doesn't decide who get promoted/relegated. Things could turn nasty.

Remove this Banner Ad

On The Ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back