On the weekend I played...

Remove this Banner Ad

Games day Sunday with usual gaming friends.

Started off with Squirrels, a light card game one of them had bought, where you can (stay calm), get cards with squirrels on.

Aim is to have the least points from cards end of the round (game is 3 rounds). You get 20 cards to start, with 12 of them making piles of 3 in front of you and 8 in hand.

You place up to 4 cards out in the centre. They have to be the same number. Cards 1-10. However you can only put out the same number already out or lower. So if there’s two 5’s out you could try to complete the set and get to 4 5’s or put card(s) value 1-4 (but all the same). If you can’t play a card you’re stuck with taking the pile. If 4 the same the pile is cleared to the box.

Special cards are squirrel, which clears the pile (to the box until next round), push which pushes the pile to the next persons hand and wild which can be any number.

All those special cards are great during the round, but once someone’s down to no cards, everyone else gets one more go then you score cards left. 1-10 are just worth those, but those special cards are worth 20. So since you want 0 or as close to as possible you don’t want to be left with them. A light filler game, but fun enough.

IMG_1385.jpeg

Then Clank! One of them hadn’t played, so wanted to do, before we looked for it as our next potential legacy/campaign game. Frustrating that I got to the first/last room in the dungeon, then 3 of 6 cubes out the bag were my colour, when any less would have been fine. Only the wife made it out (the rest of us at least to the top of dungeon), so still scored. Unsurprisingly she won. Still was fun and definitely in consideration for our next legacy/campaign game. Though the giant Cat guardian expansion also added an extra challenge.

IMG_1392.jpeg IMG_1388.jpeg

Then Age of Comics. A close game with scores from 74-69 across the four of us.

IMG_1393.jpeg

Then finished off with Just One. Too much clashing clues this time, including one where the three of giving a clue all clashed, leaving nothing. So obviously not challenging to again get all 13.

Remove this Banner Ad

On the weekend I played...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back