one player steps out of line - whole team is punished.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't agree.

Personally I'd be dissappointed if something I'd said in private ended up on a public forum whether I was attached to it or not.

Posting rumours from un-named sources is poor form every day of the week and people should be called on it.

It doesn't matter whether it is a harmful rumour or even if it's true. If you're worried about naming a source because they will be annoyed, it's probably a good indication that they never intended for the info to be aired publicly in the first place.

Looks like we're back to talking about what they print in the West then...

Clarkson took a similar stance to player indescretions (mostly related to training more so than off-field behaviour) in his first year or two at Hawthorn and it worked for us. Of course, he also sacked all the players that were causing most of the trouble which obviously did not hurt either . . .
Ummm, yeah, it worked a treat.:eek:

God knows how many players that injunction would be protecting if he hadn't come down hard hey?;)

Like everyone said before me, it's good to see Harvey being the disciplinarian that Connelly wasnt.

Also, I thought Farmer was on his last chance? That whole press conference last year and all....

From what I have heard the latest "indiscretion" that Jeffrey commited was very minor indeed. I dont think his "last chance" relates to things like being 10min late for the start of a training session.

Having said that, it is very important that Harvey comes down like a tonne of bricks on the players for even small breaches. Harvey needs to treat the playing squad like a military regiment this season - none of the "softly softly" shite that was got from coach cuddles.

agree, give these fella's some mental toughness. If they can't stand the heat, get out of the fire and give someone else a go.

any players who stuff up should suffer on the training track, and because it is one for all and all for one, every other player should suffer too, its a good thing harvs is doing. hopefully it will lead to more discipline on the field too as well as off the field

Harvey needs to treat the playing squad like a military regiment this season

Sure let's get some Rambo or GI Jane action happening here! Then again police academy could work! Which one can play the role of Eugene Tackleberry? Sandilands already has his lil heart set on playing High Tower.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

one player steps out of line - whole team is punished.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back