Prediction One season too many - Now 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawkins. Obviously he’s done a bad injury, but his season up to that point… if he didn’t get that short lead up mark off Duncan et al, he had nothing.
Couldn’t cover the ground at all.

Andrew Gaff been nominated yet?

He's not what he was, but Geelong are still better when they have him in the team. If he didn't play last night Cameron would've had Weitering all night instead of Kemp. They could've ending up losing by 100 instead of 60.
Weitering would never get the Cameron match up. Cameron would be moving around the ground to get him out of the 50. Weitering would have gone to Henry or Neale if he replaced Hawkins.

Neale couldn't have done any worse than Hawkins has in the 2 matches on him

Weitering would never get the Cameron match up. Cameron would be moving around the ground to get him out of the 50. Weitering would have gone to Henry or Neale if he replaced Hawkins.

Neale couldn't have done any worse than Hawkins has in the 2 matches on him
Weitering is often up the wing so I don't see how that's a big deal. Also switching responsibility for a player as they move into different areas is pretty common in the modern game.

Last edited:
Yeah that injury last night is why he has been playing poorly for months.
He has been poor this year, but shit like the below posted after his injury are just peak nuffy posts. Maybe something like “sucks to see but you’d think that’s the end of Hawkins now”

Quintessential Australian tall poppy syndrome 🚮

Celebrate our champions you weirdos
Hawkins is stewing in his own juices

Sorry Tomahawk, just call time before it gets any more embarrassing. I was prepared to buy you were good enough last year, and I was prepared to buy you add structure and take a good defender but it now looks like you’re selfishly just chasing records - first the club games record and now 800 goals.

He has been poor this year, but shit like the below posted after his injury are just peak nuffy posts. Maybe something like “sucks to see but you’d think that’s the end of Hawkins now”

Just wondering what you think the point of this thread is mate?

Just wondering what you think the point of this thread is mate?
True, Boaky stewing in his own juices - selfish decision to play on and symptomatic of a man filled with regret for missing out on a career full of success with his hometown heroes

Just getting embarrassing now

It’s peak nuffy because I watched a half of football, bothered myself with other things, checked in on the result and stats and made a post about an individual who I was unaware was injured? Or is it peak nuffy being the nuffy police?

It’s peak nuffy because I watched a half of football, bothered myself with other things, checked in on the result and stats and made a post about an individual who I was unaware was injured? Or is it peak nuffy being the nuffy police?
Your opinions are just peak nuff full stop, bloke is going at over a goal per game and is every bit as important structurally (and effective) as Hayden McLean at the Swans for example

He has gone a season too long but your post just screams insecurity and classic aussie tall poppy syndrome

Your opinions are just peak nuff full stop, bloke is going at over a goal per game and is every bit as important structurally (and effective) as Hayden McLean at the Swans for example

He has gone a season too long but your post just screams insecurity and classic aussie tall poppy syndrome
12 games this season, 15 goals seems like he is travelling ok.

Last 9 games… goalless in five of them, going at 0.66 goals per game, would suggest otherwise and certainly raises a case for Tom having played one season too many, which strangely enough, is the point of the thread and in a case of peak nuffy you seem to actually agree with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 games this season, 15 goals seems like he is travelling ok.

Last 9 games… goalless in five of them, going at 0.66 goals per game, would suggest otherwise and certainly raises a case for Tom having played one season too many, which strangely enough, is the point of the thread and in a case of peak nuffy you seem to actually agree with.
It’s all relative to the context in which it is posted, old bloke does bad injury after a decorated career and you’d assume it’s career over

BigFooty nuffy posts about said champion post injury

Fair to assume you were potting an injured bloke, you’ve stated you weren’t - but even if you weren’t it’s still not the astute observation you think it is/was

We’re all nuffies man, we post on a footy forum. I do agree that he’s gone on too far but just didn’t like the context (that I assumed you were posting in)

There is a Hawkins thread. Bit pointless nominating him in this one every week.
I think the deathriding is very cringe

I want to see Hawk, Dusty, Pendles etc. all end their careers in strong fashion - I don’t know why people celebrate when champions start to go downhill

Our supporter base deathriding Marc Murphy was so embarrassing, who was missing a game as a half forward? Paddy Dow? Lachie O’ Brien? Sam Petrevski-Seton?

We can talk about players reaching the end but deathriding is so embarrassing

Hawkins got 49 goals last year and looked good. He also looked good in the first couple of games this season. Playing on this year was totally understandable, and I feel like we would be wondering whether he retired too early if he called it quits at the end of last year.

He has looked past his best this year, and probably has gone one year too long. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Hawkins got 49 goals last year and looked good. He also looked good in the first couple of games this season. Playing on this year was totally understandable, and I feel like we would be wondering whether he retired too early if he called it quits at the end of last year.

He has looked past his best this year, and probably has gone one year too long. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.
We've also seen in previous years that the fall can be fast. However we've also been caught calling for players to finish up when they've had injuries, or returned from injuries but then came back strong the following year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction One season too many - Now 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back