One year too many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac Clarke

Zac Clarke owns this thread, he was absolutely horrendous last night.

How the Bombers managed to win with him in the side and 1 short on the bench for most of the game is one of life's great mysteries.

I know he had a big year in the WAFL in 2018 (averaged 15.65 disposals, 4.55 marks, 39 hitouts, 2.85 tackles and 1.40 goals per game for the premiers, Subiaco), and he's always been an athlete with potential, but I thought it was pretty clear after 9 years on Freo's list that he just wasn't quite up to AFL standard.

If the Bombers insist on playing him (I'm sure he'll be strictly VFL once Daniher and Hooker return from injury), I think his gametime needs to be a 75-25 split between ruck and forward. He doesn't have the nous and bodywork needed to play in the forward 50. Bellchambers is a better "resting ruck"-type forward, when he gets the opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marc Murphy. Has been terrible even for his standards.

Played his best footy (2009-2012) when he was able to play in the centre square and rove in contested situations (in tandem with Chris Judd). Has been pushed more to the outside over time, assumedly to preserve him as his body has gotten more beaten up with injury and age, but he's just not that damaging or that good a ball user and not as quick anymore to play a wingman role.

Most of the Hawthorn 4 times premiership players all look like they are done - Hodge, Birch, Rough, Lewis... geez with Buddy still having 4 1/2 years to go on his contract, if he suddenly declines like the rest, the Swans' cap is going to be hurting big time.

Remove this Banner Ad

One year too many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back