O'Neill

Remove this Banner Ad

If 100 subs, officials and supporters had ran onto the pitch and blockaded the goal area, would it still have been okay for your guy to go and take his kick?

Of course not. The kick should not have been taken until the field was cleared of all bar the players. If there was a misunderstanding about the right to take a free-kick after the hooter, that is a different problem than actually taking that kick when the field was not cleared of non-players.

Anyway, I'm not the loser. WE WON BY 6 POINTS.

Na Na Na Na Na:eek:

Originally posted by play on

We don't need to learn the rules. It is our game. We know them already.

The only rules the Irish want to learn is Internation Rules, that's why they invaded the ground when the game wasn't over, their players abused the umpire, and their coach pushed the umpire.

Good stuff The Biff, you really are an idiot.

Spot the idiot

Originally posted by hawkfan5

The only rules the Irish want to learn is Internation Rules, that's why they invaded the ground when the game wasn't over, their players abused the umpire, and their coach pushed the umpire.

Of course the only rules we're interested in are the International (or Compromise) version. That's the game being played.

Dont tell me you thought we were playing AUSTRALIAN RULES? Even I could recognise the difference there.

I reckon the real idiot has just identified himself, Mr. hawkfan5. So stop trying to apply the Aussie Rules to the International game. :p

You can take IR back to Ireland for all I care. Footy is my game, and apart from when Australia plays in the Cricket, international sport really does not interest me. Even Cricket can get very very boring at times. Even though I went to the IR, and I had a good time, I would dump it right away if I had my way.

How many people here are sick of Irish supporters thinking that Gaelic footy had something to do with the forming of our game?

The claim that Gaelic football helped to create Aussie football is such absolute bulls**t!! :mad:

Get your facts straight. Australians made Australian rules footy.

Get over it.

Originally posted by raboyle
How many people here are sick of Irish supporters thinking that Gaelic footy had something to do with the forming of our game?

The claim that Gaelic football helped to create Aussie football is such absolute bulls**t!! :mad:

Get your facts straight. Australians made Australian rules footy.

Get over it.

I am just sick of the Irish being on this site at all, and can't wait until this series is finished, so they can go back to the hole they came from for another year.

Guys you took long enough to come to terms with "the stain" and if you want to deny your roots and where it came from fine by me but if you pulled your heads out of the sand and took a look around and read some history you would see how wrong you are. Do you really think that all those "loaf of bread" convicts from the depths of Ireland were going to just forget all about gaelic football and start playing rugby once they arrived on your shores??? cop on

Originally posted by The Biff

It seems that the only rules you lot want to learn are Aussie Rules. There are more discussion threads here about items like countdown clocks, best teams, Dud teams, etc. than about the InterRules. You are proving that most of you dont care about your national team.

And your precious umpire is "untouchable", despite giving a dubious free-kick when the pitch has been invaded by more officials and supporters than players.

He tells your player to kick at an open goal (even then the mullicker couldn't kick straight!).

If this had happened in your own precious Grand Final, are you telling me that the offended team wouldn't get upset?

Get real!

Come on Ireland.:D :) :p

Well I wonder why we only know our rules? Maybe it is because we play by those rules SIX MONTHS A BLOODY YEAR!!

Untouchable umps...why? Because we know you will complain a lot and want to smack them. Or in your assistant coaches' case, shove them in the back like a chicken-s**t.

The rules of the International Rules series are clear and simple. It is obviously plain to see that your heroes cannot and will not play by those rules.

When your men tackle over the shoulder, they should know that is an infringement on the rules and they chuck a mental when they are penalised for it.

As for kicking after the siren, when the ball is marked before the siren, then the player can still take a shot for goal if he is in range! Goddamn it...you should know this by now.

So quit your bullcrap and read up on the rules!

I am just sick of the Irish being on this site at all, and can't wait until this series is finished, so they can go back to the hole they came from for another year.

Play on

One of the few times I agree with you.

This is the Australian Football League site, where we discuss Aussie Rules, not some bastardised game played purely for "entertainment"? value.

I just hope that the Gaelic game isn't as boring as this combined one, because this competition is a snooze fest.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by mantis

Play on

One of the few times I agree with you.

This is the Australian Football League site, where we discuss Aussie Rules, not some bastardised game played purely for "entertainment"? value.

I just hope that the Gaelic game isn't as boring as this combined one, because this competition is a snooze fest.:(

They don't tackle, I have a feeling that the mark is not part of their game, they use goal keepers, and they use a soccer ball so I will leave it up to you to decide if it is boring.

Hawk fan 5

Hawkfan 5 - O'Neill knows his stuff whereas you couldn't talk your way out of a paper bag. Look at your list, when the Aussie's destroyed the Irish in Croker last year you stopped moaning about the disadvantage of the round ball, we didn't hear any we don't have keepers in our games boo hoo.

Then you're talking crap about Lockhart crying over a bad gash on the head when you Aussies are so busy crying it's surprising you even saw the game. The Irish are sooks, yeah right dry your eyes and get on with it you big crying lump - if the ball is loose why aren't the Aussies collecting it and making it work for them? Scared of getting a dig. We won by 6 points, and only a few of our guys played well, I pity you in the next game.

erm

The fact remains that the kangaroos destroyed our beautiful game when we left it there.

They played with an egg and couldn't draw a pitch.

They even get points for kicking it wide - that's how "Skilful" they are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Points for a wide!!! Holy Smokes!!!!!!!

6 pts

This series is so meaningless, that I can't believe that they make us pay to watch it. It should be free entry.

Aww, come on. Has playing for your country lost meaning? Even if the game is only slightly different?

Why the hell should Aussie and Gaelic footballers miss out on playing for its country?!

Come on. We let State of Origin die...don't let this one slip!

Aww, come on. Has playing for your country lost meaning? Even if the game is only slightly different?

Why the hell should Aussie and Gaelic footballers miss out on playing for its country?!

Come on. We let State of Origin die...don't let this one slip!

As I don't really follow very much international sport, apart from the cricket, this means nothing to me. I don't follow SOO either. Only if aussie rules players represent our country at our sport, will I follow it closely. This series means nothing.

And, who cares abut the Gaelic players?

Originally posted by Carlton_Premier
the irish are specialllllllllllllll.
Nah, i reckon they should have to play with a sherrin, then they will know what footys really about.
And what happened to state of origin?

After the 1999 match, when Victoria beat South Australia, the crowd pretty much said..."No more origin in AFL".

So now, we have to be content with State League matches, like the one early this year between SA and Victoria. We won that at Adelaide Oval. It was good. For three reasons.

1. We won.
2. The crowd was pretty good for a low-key state match. 7300!
3. Free beer afterwards courtesy of SA Breweries! Vouchers distributed to crowd after the game!

After the 1999 match, when Victoria beat South Australia, the crowd pretty much said..."No more origin in AFL".

So now, we have to be content with State League matches, like the one early this year between SA and Victoria. We won that at Adelaide Oval. It was good. For three reasons.

1. We won.
2. The crowd was pretty good for a low-key state match. 7300!
3. Free beer afterwards courtesy of SA Breweries! Vouchers distributed to crowd after the game!

It was because it was raining

"As I don't really follow very much international sport, apart from the cricket, this means nothing to me. I don't follow SOO either. Only if aussie rules players represent our country at our sport, will I follow it closely. This series means nothing. "

Are you ******ed or what???, there will never be Aussie Rules played on an international basis, so its either this or nothing. You've got your head shoved so far up your own a<se you can't see the wood for the trees.

Our game like yours is unknown outside our own countries. I am delighted to have the opportunity to shout for the players I alternatively cheer or boo every week, when they pull on an Ireland shirt. I can't understand why you don't. Where's your pride man???

We all know there are problems with the games (violence for one thing) but there's always going to be things that both sides have problems with. (your opposition changing the size of the goalposts wouldn't have been one of the first things to pop to mind for this but hey whatever)

Originally posted by Timbermerchant
"

Are you ******ed or what???, there will never be Aussie Rules played on an international basis, so its either this or nothing. You've got your head shoved so far up your own a<se you can't see the wood for the trees.

Heard about the Aussie rules international cup? I think they are playing it next year. When I get around to it, I will give you the web adress, and you can read all about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

O'Neill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back