FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

A Ben Cousins Open Mike would be good, but for those of us who have read his book and those that watched the TV doco back in 2010, it might hardly be earth-shattering stuff.

Ross Oakley would be good, as would Wayne Jackson.

Not sure what the situation is with lads who work at Nine...Billy Brownless did an Open Mike, as did Sam Newman, so it'd be good if they could get Shane Crawford. Matthew Lloyd is another who I reckon would be interesting to hear from.

Fevola would be a good one as well...time's about right for him to come on.

A Gary Ablett Snr Open Mike might be a bit far-fetched, as would a Tony Lockett one.

Cuz will be interesting considering his drugs problem began nearly a decade ago.
What we haven't heard about is how he'd run off the rails after he'd initially sorted himself out. But much to my delight and a lot of other people's...he looks to have come good again going by his visits to WCE and Richmond in the last few months.

He's a good man.

Crawf would definitely be an interesting one.
I could get behind this. Plenty of substance possibly there. Playing career, loss of a father and the impact it's had, his efforts for cancer awareness etc.

I never really liked Crawf until he did the run and ride. Now I can't look at him without absolute respect.

A Gary Ablett Snr Open Mike might be a bit far-fetched
Mike Sheehan has said he's been asked about certain players and were there plans to get them on the show. He said a number of them he just thought wouldn't make for good interviews. He specifically mentioned Ablett Snr as one of these, as he was known for not opening up to the media. Also, the story went that GA had an asking price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon a good episode would be an Open Mike when Mike Sheehan is interviewed by someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be really good.

I'd call that ep Open Whateley.

From the promo it looks like a bit of a different structure with Sam Newman, Peter Hudson and Barry Richardson sitting around having a yarn.

I think this could work well with active participation amongst the four, it will be interesting to see if this an ongoing change.

Mike Sheehan has said he's been asked about certain players and were there plans to get them on the show. He said a number of them he just thought wouldn't make for good interviews. He specifically mentioned Ablett Snr as one of these, as he was known for not opening up to the media. Also, the story went that GA had an asking price.
We actually spoke to Mike at the pub after the Cats night game in Geelong last year, he was there with Brian Cook (week or 2 before Cook was on)

Asked him about Senior, he told us there would be no point and that he would answer every question with a grunt, nod or a 'yep'

Also Mike was a ripping fella to actually humor myself and my other 2 drunk mates at 2am for as long as he did, if Cookie hadn't dragged him away he would have spoken to us for even longer.

After reading a bit of Martin Flanagan's work during the off season i'd love to hear from Brent Crosswell. The bloke from all accounts just did things his way which would be fascinating to hear about in it's own right, also the fact he was coached by Barassi at three different clubs would make for an interesting discussion point.

From the promo it looks like a bit of a different structure with Sam Newman, Peter Hudson and Barry Richardson sitting around having a yarn.

I think this could work well with active participation amongst the four, it will be interesting to see if this an ongoing change.
It will be back to the normal 1 on 1 style interviews next week. Tonight's is a special edition as Newman, Hudson and Richardson all turned 70 over the offseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back