FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Bob Murphy - No hard questions a complete suck up session
Lonergan & Mackie - Why even have this interview?
Dustin Fletcher - Fletcher is fundamentally a boring bloke with no personality
Corey Enright - Ditto
Nick Dal Santo - Had quite a bit to say and was pretty up front i though he was ok
Matthew Pavlich - Cliches and chuckles no substance.
Brian Lake - Dumb as a brick, not sure why would interview him
Jake King - Dickhead of the highest order.
Simon Black - Great career but a boring bloke
Jonathon Brown - This was pretty good actually though Mike's hero worship didn't help
Justin Koschitzki - Not bad
Brent Guerra - who?
Matthew Scarlett - Prick on and off the field pretty well known why even interview him?
Gary Ablett Jnr - When he was still playing, total waste
Chris Judd - You would never get anything out of him
Brett Kirk - Another guy who speaks in Cliches

If you actually look at the list of people he interviewed recently, half of them wouldn't get on the show in 20 years. ie: Jake King or Brent Guerra. Not good enough players. That tells you why their interviews were always going to suck anyway.

Interesting....My memory of Lloyd, is of a player who retired at years end because if he didn't, he knew the retribution that was coming his way for breaking Brad Sewell's jaw, by running off the line of the ball from the centre square bounce.....And that was on top of his use of an arm-guard, to break the jaw of a first year player in Thurgood a year prior to that.....The word coward comes to mind.

Now you know how he earn't the monicker; 'The velvet sledge-hammer'.
LOL

Interesting....My memory of Lloyd, is of a player who retired at years end because if he didn't, he knew the retribution that was coming his way for breaking Brad Sewell's jaw, by running off the line of the ball from the centre square bounce.....And that was on top of his use of an arm-guard, to break the jaw of a first year player in Thurgood a year prior to that.....The word coward comes to mind.

Yeah, I'm sure he spent the summer petrified at the thought of Campbell Brown slapping him on the arm. What sort of "retribution" was going to be dished out that those oh so tough men of Hawthorn couldn't have dished out in the second half of the match he knocked Sewell out in? They had an entire half of football to do something and managed nothing.

When thinking of the word coward what comes to mind is the sort of person who would break the jaw of a player already being helped off the ground by trainers.

The Thurgood one was a shocker by Lloyd, I forgot that incident.

Yeah, so shocking that the MRP cleared him and Thurgood missed one week.

Yeah, I'm sure he spent the summer petrified at the thought of Campbell Brown slapping him on the arm. What sort of "retribution" was going to be dished out that those oh so tough men of Hawthorn couldn't have dished out in the second half of the match he knocked Sewell out in? They had an entire half of football to do something and managed nothing.

When thinking of the word coward what comes to mind is the sort of person who would break the jaw of a player already being helped off the ground by trainers.

Spot on.

Don’t get me wrong I found the Lloyd hit on Sewell as poor as the next bloke but I tend to get a good laugh out of any Hawk that says that they wished Lloyd played on so that their side could square up with him. As you said they literally had a whole half of footy to do to him what they pleased and did nothing.

Spot on.

Don’t get me wrong I found the Lloyd hit on Sewell as poor as the next bloke but I tend to get a good laugh out of any Hawk that says that they wished Lloyd played on so that their side could square up with him. As you said they literally had a whole half of footy to do to him what they pleased and did nothing.
The thing I hated about that incident was that out of all the genuine ****heads in their team he had to go and break the jaw of Brad Sewell.

Spot on.

Hawthorn players hit Lloyd several times. In fact, I remember Essendon sheepishly admitting afterwards that Lloyd had concussion symptoms. But he was able to play on.

One of the great home and away games I've attended. It was an effective Elimination Final and had the atmosphere of a Preliminary Final.

Spot on.

Well not quite nothing. Campbell Brown did slap Monfries on the arm a couple of times. Don't under-estimate how much that would have stung. :D

Who was that, pray tell?....If it's the incident I'm thinking of, you might want to check your facts first.....

Campbell Brown. Given he pleaded guilty, apologised to the bloke he king hit and conceded he was embarrassed by his conduct at the tribunal I'm more than comfortable with my facts. It remains the biggest dog act I've witnessed on a football field.

Though I understand your desire to make Lloyd's actions seem remotely excusable by comparison.....

Leads for the footy, collides with a player who misses one week. Shocking.

Taking out blokes 20kgs less than he was.

What's Brereton got to do with this?

The eyes have it.....A picture paints a 1,000 words.

Campbell Brown. Given he pleaded guilty, apologised to the bloke he king hit and conceded he was embarrassed by his conduct at the tribunal I'm more than comfortable with my facts. It remains the biggest dog act I've witnessed on a football field.

Remind me again for whom it was Campbell Brown was playing for at the time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol. 1 frame. Watch the video. So bad that the MRP cleared him and Thurgood missed one week.

You'll have to remind me again of the game & oppo for the Campbell Brown one.....I was thinking of his Steven May act.

Yes, there are so many to choose from with Campbell that I can understand your confusion. Line in the sand game. King hit Jason Winderlich as Winders was being helped off the ground by trainers for the blood rule. Now that's a dog act.

lYes, there are so many to choose from with Campbell that I can understand your confusion. Line in the sand game. King hit Jason Winderlich as Winders was being helped off the ground by trainers for the blood rule. Now that's a dog act.

Picking on Jason Winderlich puts him under suspicion immediately given he was one of your softies.....But didn't you say earlier that he had already sustained a broken jaw, prior to Campbell's act?....Hmmm....Somewhat watered-down version here now.

Also....I'm fairly certain Winderlich & Brown are in the same weight class.....Lloyd & Thurgood (Who was a string-bean kid) not so much.

How Lloyd escaped with the sanction he did by the use of that arm-guard, defies belief.

Velvet-Sledge indeed.

Picking on Jason Winderlich puts him under suspicion immediately given he was one of your softies.....But didn't you say earlier that he had already sustained a broken jaw, prior to Campbell's act?....Hmmm....Somewhat watered-down version here now.

No. I said a coward's act is breaking the jaw of someone already in the hands of the trainers. Which is what Brown did to Winderlich. Winders jaw wasn't broken before Brown hit him. It was after Brown hit him. Whilst he was already in the hands of the trainers for the blood rule.

Also....I'm fairly certain Winderlich & Brown are in the same weight class.....Lloyd & Thurgood (Who was a string-bean kid) not so much.

So? What does weight class have to do with coward punches?

How Lloyd escaped with the sanction he did by the use of that arm-guard, defies belief.

Watch the video and you'll see how. He also wasn't the first to wear that type of arm guard. One of your mob was.

No. I said a coward's act is breaking the jaw of someone already in the hands of the trainers. Which is what Brown did to Winderlich.

So? If Thurgood was such a snowflake he shouldn't have been out there.

Watch the video and you'll see how. He also wasn't the first to wear that type of arm guard. One of your mob was.

Well, we all know the history of the Brown heritage.....The boy could never emulate his old man's feats out at a certain Windy Hill, circa 1974....Hehehe.

Yeah....Silly Thurgood putting his jaw in the way of Lloyd's reinforced swinging arm-guard, while sliding in at pace.....What was he thinking?

His body was completely ****ed. Having Clarkson mouth off at him at the end of that game reeked of hypocrisy. Complete sniper the dwarf.

His body was completely ******. Having Clarkson mouth off at him at the end of that game reeked of hypocrisy. Complete sniper the dwarf.

It's a wonder Lloydy didn't take out Clarko too....Given his propensity for targeting little blokes half his size.....What a hero.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back