FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Remind me who he played for again?

Why would you want a non-footballer on there?

Sandhurst - a man of the puople who rose from anonymity to reach the highest position in the land - Chief Football Writer of the HUN. Would be epic:)

Opinions? Didn't see it personally and not particularly overwhelmed with some of the guests that he's gone with of late. Seems like they're going for ratings a bit recently (Capper/Nixon). Thought I'd catch it eventually if Nixon had answered everything, but they were saying that he dodged all the Duthie questions. That stuff really doesn't interest me that much (honestly), but I reckon if you're going on Open Mike, you should be prepared to answer everything.

I reckon an underrated guest would be Steve Lawrence. Terry Wallace probably wouldn't be bad either.

Opinions? Didn't see it personally and not particularly overwhelmed with some of the guests that he's gone with of late. Seems like they're going for ratings a bit recently (Capper/Nixon). Thought I'd catch it eventually if Nixon had answered everything, but they were saying that he dodged all the Duthie questions. That stuff really doesn't interest me that much (honestly), but I reckon if you're going on Open Mike, you should be prepared to answer everything.

I reckon an underrated guest would be Steve Lawrence. Terry Wallace probably wouldn't be bad either.
Which one?

Nixon would be down there with my least interested guests on the show, just could not care less about him. Complete contrast with Skilton last week - a bloke with integrity, respect, success, adulation. And then there's Nixon.

Thought it would be an interesting interview, but I just don't trust anything that comes out of Nixon's mouth.
Didn't know that he managed Clinton Grybus though.....
That was my biggest issue.

Really not fussed watching him again next week :thumbsdown:

Thought Capper's was alright. He may be a caricature, but there were some decent moments in that episode, such as the decision that he couldn't be dropped from the Bears.

Thought Capper's was alright. He may be a caricature, but there were some decent moments in that episode, such as the decision that he couldn't be dropped from the Bears.
Agree. Cappers has been one of the best. I've not really been a fan of his but I liked him on Open Mike, honest and not the clown he typically comes across as.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wish Mike would interview Ablett Snr :(

...ratings would go through the roof if he appeared.
Plugger. Please!!!

Wayne Carey would've been approached, he must come with a decent price tag. Jacko has to be on the list, he was incredibly funny in his day. He has some incredible stories to tell.

Thought part one with Nixon was pretty fluffy TBH. Nothing really shocking or revelatory came out of it, mostly because of his evasiveness. I know "for the money", but I don't get why he'd agree to do the interview, and then evade a lot of the details on more recent incidents, or say it's not fair to or that he doesn't want to talk about it. Absolutely nothing about his footy career or early years either, which you'd expect a bit of, and isn't really something most people know a whole lot about.

Looks like part two might be a bit more interesting though. Have said it before, but they just need to make it an hour long show already. It's too compressed and rushed a lot of the time as it is.

I found the Nixon interview very confusing as they kept going forwards and backwards to different events and, as I obviously don't know every single event and situation they were referring to, it would've been better (for me) to explain things better and keep it chronologically in order.

I did find, however, that his referencing of his involvement, or lack of, in the death of Clinton Grybas as very interesting and could see how his perception of things could lead to mental health issues (if true).

I also found it annoying that he stated that only one side of the story was ever told, and now he has his chance to tell HIS side, and he doesn't wanna talk about it!! And why refer to Kim Duthie as "the St Kilda school girl" every time? We all know her name, and correct me if I'm wrong, she was not attending school when all this was going on. Nor does she belong to St Kilda.

Out of all of Sheahan's interviews, this was his weakest.

wish Mike would interview Ablett Snr :(

...ratings would go through the roof if he appeared.
Plugger. Please!!!
either way, you get one of those two on and it would be one of the most watched, not so much Carey as he's already involved in the media on a weekly basis but the others have not been heard of for many, many years.
Which is the exact reason why they won't happen.

Nixon came across a bit egotistical for my liking , Imagine what the ego must have been like when he was doing well! Worst Open Mike I think I have watched. More next week! Some of Nixon's answers were farcical and Mike really could have exposed it more. Pretty funny the part where Nixon said he had no more mountains to climb. Mike's response "Well, you didn't exactly, split the atom.....lol!

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back