Roast Opposition Banter Thread: Caveat Emptor - Welcome to the lake of fire, happy fishing

Remove this Banner Ad

You are on here calling people on grammar while you make up words? How about you worry about your own backyard and the failures that your club are before concentrating on Melbourne?

Haha. I thought the same thing. Looks like the posh schools are paying off after all

I don't give a continental that is only NAB - footy's back BABY :D watching the other teams made me want tonight to hurry up and get here

One hand you don't want to take anything out of it being pre season on another you want to see some of our new recruits...we are not going to risk Merret but hope Browny has a good run (and no injuries lol)

I see your trying to turn Mitch into a forward....good luck with that LOL!

I see your trying to turn Mitch into a forward....good luck with that LOL!

Thanks for the well wishes - Mitch will play his role - if he doesn't he'll be dragged to the 2's - pretty simple. Neeld has basically told the guys put up or shut up. 2nd rate efforts will not be tolerated. Let's see How much impact it has - I'm optimistic.

I hope you are right for your sake - you've heaped the pressure now it's up to him to pull his finger out and perform. His best & worst is miles apart to date & can be lazy

Drum that out you have a damm fine player...but old habits die hard

Drum that out you have a damm fine player...but old habits die hard

Very true - old habits do die hard, but we seem to have realised what we need to do to regain the power our club once had. Have you read any of the Latest articles on Melbourne? Here's a couple of links, have a read, and if what is being said is true, Then we are a totally different club.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/129543/default.aspx

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/129381/default.aspx

Very true - old habits do die hard, but we seem to have realised what we need to do to regain the power our club once had. Have you read any of the Latest articles on Melbourne? Here's a couple of links, have a read, and if what is being said is true, Then we are a totally different club.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/129543/default.aspx

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/129381/default.aspx

MELBOURNE coach Mark Neeld has put his team on notice - perform during the NAB Cup or risk missing out on round one selection.

So considering that you're playing teams 17 and 15 from last year, you would definitely want to be winning both games tonight yes? I mean otherwise, considering the coach has put pressure on your players to perform in the NAB cup ...

Edit: Lol at you quoting articles from Melbourne Football Club as some sort of backup that things have changed in the MFC.

So considering that you're playing teams 17 and 15 from last year, you would definitely want to be winning both games tonight yes? I mean otherwise, considering the coach has put pressure on your players to perform in the NAB cup ...

Edit: Lol at you quoting articles from Melbourne Football Club as some sort of backup that things have changed in the MFC.

Of course, because we wouldn't want to loose to the GC and be the laughing stock of the AFL. Oh wait...

In the end they are practice matches with BS rules. The real test will come in the H&A season.

Of course, because we wouldn't want to loose to the GC and be the laughing stock of the AFL. Oh wait...

In the end they are practice matches with BS rules. The real test will come in the H&A season.

So despite Neeld stating he wanted the best out of his players, and fronting up against the last and third last teams from last year, you're already making preemptive excuses for when you fail tonight?

So it's not only the players that are spineless then?

Great news guys. I have managed to obtain the original (unedited) script from the interview Neeld gave.

MELBOURNE coach Mark Neeld has put his team on notice - perform during the NAB Cup or risk missing out on round one selection.

Speaking on the Gold Coast ahead of Saturday night's first round of the pre-season competition, Neeld said he had no ****ing idea about his new Demons outfit, or anything really.

He said the NAB Cup would "determine everything" for the season opener and the players needed to impress him, because after 4 months in the job he still has no idea who is at AFL level, or in fact who is who.

"I haven't coached these boys before against another opponent," Neeld said, clearly concerned that coming up against real AFL footballers would show up his team for the pack of pansy’s they are.

"I've got an idea, well no, that’s a bit of a lie really. I cannot honestly tell you what our round one team will look like, possibly I’ll be drawing numbers from a hat the week before we play."

Neeld said that despite the Demons facing the Lions again in round one on March 31, it would have no impact on how they approached Saturday night's fixture.

"I have no idea what I’m doing, so to practice anything that might actually be used in the season against our first up opponent would be futile,” he said.

"The NAB Cup is a month of playing that will help instil a new game plan. Being a new coach, I’m open to any suggestions to what that may be, so we can get out there and practise something, anything, as often as we can. Seriously, someone please tell me what to do."

Mitch Clark will return to Queensland for the first time since leaving the Lions for Melbourne in the off-season, but Neeld said he expected few fireworks.

"Mitch is fitting in really well at the club," he said.

"He’s already learnt to drop to the ground an assume a fetal position when challenged by an opposition player. “

"There might be the odd boo from there, and there'll be - more often than not in today's footy - humorous comments from his ex-teammates more than anything else."

So despite Neeld stating he wanted the best out of his players, and fronting up against the last and third last teams from last year, you're already making preemptive excuses for when you fail tonight?

Try reading my post again. I made no excuses and we will win tonight.

What i said though is the NAB cup is a farce with BS rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Try reading my post again. I made no excuses and we will win tonight.

What i said though is the NAB cup is a farce with BS rules.

You'd better hope so. :D

*sigh* A normal conversation was happening - then a tiger feral had to chime in and remind everyone why they are so hated.

Re: Opposition Banter Thread: Caveat Emptor - Welcome to the lake of fire, happy fishing

Me too. :D

Any chance you'll hang onto that membership card long enough to Nuke it when you get home from the game after round 3?

Gonna mop the floor with your team boy! I'd be willing to bet my life savings ($1.37 after tax is paid this year [in Zimbabwean dollars]) on it!

<Wish there was a chest puffed out emoticon at this point>

Apologies, I really can't keep the trolling persona up for more than a little while.

You'd better hope so. :D

Re: Opposition Banter Thread: Caveat Emptor - Welcome to the lake of fire, happy fishing

I can read - I was more so commenting on the fact that out of everyone to come and talk shit when an actual convo was happening - it had to be a richmond feral. Atleast you're doing your supporters proud.

Here's a microwave for your efforts.

microwave.jpg

_1_panasonic-microwave-nnst780s-medium.jpg

I can read - I was more so commenting on the fact that out of everyone to come and talk shit when an actual convo was happening - it had to be a richmond feral. Atleast you're doing your supporters proud.

Here's a microwave for your efforts.

microwave.jpg

Kudos on the originality SuburbanMe! Keep one handy for when you lose to the Lions tonight.

Kudos on the originality SuburbanMe! Keep one handy for when you lose to the Lions tonight.

Actually - My Microwave is broken, and you're one to talk about originality - all your posts are rehashed. I'm just waiting for 186 or green vest to come out.

EDIT - Also, I was being original - It's bruched Silver! ;) (Thx for the spell check goon)

Actually - My Microwave is broken, and you're one to talk about originality - all your posts are rehashed. I'm just waiting for 186 or green vest to come out.

EDIT - Also, I was being original - It's brushed Silver! ;)

Bruched silver? Pfftttttt. Original is:

Pink.jpg

Quick, go buy one now, you'll need it tonight (plus it suits your team quite nicely - it uses at least one of your colours).

It's called pride in performance - every player wants to play well regardless what match they play

Besides at the end of the day it's a pre season game with BS rules - I don't care how the lions go either tonight TBH

Not those specifically but the bits I read do make be think you will be a changed side in 2012.

Getting back on the Mitch topic, you do have realise a) playing a new role takes time b) he alone wont be your messiah and c) it takes more than one player to win a flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back