No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to Chris Salt being so bullish about the cats future last night had me checking the ages of dads army.

Apart from the retiring Hawkins and Tuohy they still have a lot of players nearing the end.

Stanley 34
Cameron 31 (32 start of season)
Bews 31
Rohan 33
Guthrie 32
Atkins 29
Duncan 33
Dangerflop 34
Stewart 31 (32 at start of season)
Blicavs 33 (34 at start of season)

4 of them spend a lot of time in the midfield.
Some of those old timers will be put out to pasture but it's all enough to give you the runs.

Honestly thought half those blokes were already retired 😱

For God’s sake, the amount of excuses they come up with, gastro, Covid etc. Oh please!!! No mention of the obvious one. THEY JUST WEREN’T GOOD ENOUGH!

Cats couldn’t have been more blessed in 2024. Got a woeful Port in week 1 of finals. Were full strength other than Guthrie. Faced a Lions team who’d played 2 finals missing 5 players with ACL’s, then lost their gun ruck early in the game. Cats hadn’t lost to Lions in Melbourne since 2004.

But but but … unlucky because Holmes was injured …..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

i'm backing in fitzroy to beat south melbourne
Wouldn't it be great if one of them used the GF as one of those rare occasions when they put on their entity's original (South Melbourne) or merged original (Fitzroy) guernsey.

I know, I know. As likely as Chris Scott praising the opposition after blowing another prelim.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back