No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

You're moving the goalposts.
How am I moving the goalposts? All I’ve said is that there are certain things that you’re better off not joking about in a setting where you’re not 100% sure it can’t get back to you

If I made jokes/comments along the lines of GWS and it became public news my job would certainly be called into question

I agree, one can never have too many takes from entitled Millennials who have their head firmly up their own asses and think their opinion is the only one that matters.
It’s actually the law, and everyone who attended the work function would have known that some of the behaviour breached their employment contracts.

In New South Wales, work functions are governed by a combination of laws and contractual agreements that ensure employee rights and employer obligations. Key areas include:

1. Employment Contracts: Contracts outline the terms of employment, including job responsibilities, remuneration, and any specific conditions related to work functions, such as attendance at events or compliance with company policies.
  2. Fair Work Act 2009: This federal legislation provides minimum employment standards, including protections against unfair dismissal, rights to request flexible working arrangements, and regulations regarding workplace health and safety.
  3. Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW): Employers must ensure a safe working environment, which extends to work functions. This includes risk assessments and measures to protect employees during events.
  4. Anti-Discrimination Laws: Various laws prohibit discrimination in the workplace, ensuring that all employees are treated fairly and equitably during work functions.
  5. Industrial Relations Legislation: This includes provisions for collective bargaining and agreements, which may cover specific terms related to work functions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many of these players will fall off the cliff next year?

View attachment 2145223
Hopefully all of em and they fall flat on their arse in time for the compromised drats.

Might be a couple aged 30 and 31 not on that list either to minimise the bad look.

I'm death ridding these w***ers and the Gold Coast real faaarrrrgiiin hard.

Last edited:
It’s actually the law, and everyone who attended the work function would have known that some of the behaviour breached their employment contracts.

In New South Wales, work functions are governed by a combination of laws and contractual agreements that ensure employee rights and employer obligations. Key areas include:

1. Employment Contracts: Contracts outline the terms of employment, including job responsibilities, remuneration, and any specific conditions related to work functions, such as attendance at events or compliance with company policies.
  2. Fair Work Act 2009: This federal legislation provides minimum employment standards, including protections against unfair dismissal, rights to request flexible working arrangements, and regulations regarding workplace health and safety.
  3. Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW): Employers must ensure a safe working environment, which extends to work functions. This includes risk assessments and measures to protect employees during events.
  4. Anti-Discrimination Laws: Various laws prohibit discrimination in the workplace, ensuring that all employees are treated fairly and equitably during work functions.
  5. Industrial Relations Legislation: This includes provisions for collective bargaining and agreements, which may cover specific terms related to work functions.
wouldnt class a piss up in the off season a "work function", unless it was a club organised event? because fmd that means every time i go to the pub with a couple of blokes from work im beholden to that raft of legislation.

How can a bloke get a 4 week suspension for a private function.
So hypocritical the Afl..
I still melt that Bolton coped a fine for doing absolutely nothing wrong
Does your work do Christmas parties?

This year, dress as something contreversial and make sure everyone (eg bar staff/waiters) know who you work for and act generally innappropriate.

See how it turns out.

wouldnt class a piss up in the off season a "work function", unless it was a club organised event? because fmd that means every time i go to the pub with a couple of blokes from work im beholden to that raft of legislation.

If it could anyway be traced back to your work (e.g if you work close, or you went wearing something with your company logo on it, or if a manager happened to be there), then absolutely you would be, especially if there is a risk of making the company you work for look bad.

Is it really that hard to go out and enjoy yourself without being innappropriate and controversial though? fwiw, I actually have a pretty shit and dark sense of humour. Does that come out when I am with my mates? Absolutely, at a work function though? I dial it down, even with work mates I am close with. It's not hard.

Time and place for everything

Last edited:
Clever title.
Think Doc is not short of a quid.
A $5 million home.
Remember, he started on 3RRR.
hes a gimp, but ill tolerate him cos its kb

rather kb and patrick smith

If it could anyway be traced back to your work (e.g if you work close, or you went wearing something with your company logo on it, or if a manager happened to be there), then absolutely you would be, especially if there is a risk of making the company you work for look bad.

Is it really that hard to go out and enjoy yourself without being innappropriate and controversial though?
The only reason theyre identifiable as GWS players is their minor celebrity status. Not like they showed up to a corporate event. Otherwise it's a group of dickheads off the clock having a laugh. Was their behaviour inappropriate for a mad monday piss up? Not really. Crass, but people love dark humor. Ricky Gervais can't walk into a room without selling it out.
Inappropriate for a club function? Absolutely. It's the context really.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back