No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course there’s no law against it, you’re not seeing these players get arrested are you?

However it could well be a breach of their contract with the AFL hence the punishments

It’s the gross inconsistency that’s inexcusable. Stengle OD’s in a public place (engaging in an ILLEGAL activity) and is taken to hospital in an ambulance and plays 5-days later. No punishment from his club. No AFL sanction, no investigation, not a peep from anyone.

GWS players do juvenile and stupid dress ups at a private function and get penalised by GWS. AFL comes over the top and we end up with mass suspensions and fines…. but Stengle and the Cats don’t even get a ‘please explain’.

It’s an absolute disgrace the way this competition is run at the moment - I didn’t think it could get any worse than when Laura Kane said the decisions to not pay 50m in the Pies v North game was the correct one. Then we get Stengle … then we find out Battle and Perryman activate level 1 compo whilst Graham activates level 4… now this.

I wonder what’s next?? Benny Gale should be in charge, not the muppets.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dress up as Jarryd Haynes and engage in foul and distasteful behaviour in private with a blow up doll = 6 week suspension. Laugh along and don’t make him stop = $5k fine.

Go out and OD in a public place whilst engaging in an illegal and highly dangerous activity at 3am and get taken by ambulance to hospital = not a peep from anyone and play footy 6-days later.

Why do we put up with this ?

It’s the gross inconsistency that’s inexcusable. Stengle OD’s in a public place (engaging in an ILLEGAL activity) and is taken to hospital in an ambulance and plays 5-days later. No punishment from his club. No AFL sanction, no investigation, not a peep from anyone.

GWS players do juvenile and stupid dress ups at a private function and get penalised by GWS. AFL comes over the top and we end up with mass suspensions and fines…. but Stengle and the Cats don’t even get a ‘please explain’.

It’s an absolute disgrace the way this competition is run at the moment - I didn’t think it could get any worse than when Laura Kane said the decisions to not pay 50m in the Pies v North game was the correct one. Then we get Stengle … then we find out Battle and Perryman activate level 1 compo whilst Graham activates level 4… now this.

If dunne had made a big dumb self own speech at the b&f we might have got a band 3 at least for JGTW

Dress up as Jarryd Haynes and engage in foul and distasteful behaviour in private with a blow up doll = 6 week suspension. Laugh along and don’t make him stop = $5k fine.

Go out and OD in a public place whilst engaging in an illegal and highly dangerous activity at 3am and get taken by ambulance to hospital = not a peep from anyone and play footy 6-days later.

Why do we put up with this ?

What evidence do you or the AFL have that proves it was nothing more than a medical episode? I’m looking for evidence, not feelings.

I agree that the Stengle episode is highly suspicious, but these issues always come back to the law, not feelings.

All the rest is just a melt.

Just because they dropped the ball punishing Stengle (and I think they clearly did) doesn’t mean that the GWS players shouldn’t be reprimanded

That’s would consistent sure but it’s consistent in the wrong direction if that makes sense

oldenwood pre season training 2025

images

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reason theyre identifiable as GWS players is their minor celebrity status. Not like they showed up to a corporate event. Otherwise it's a group of dickheads off the clock having a laugh. Was their behaviour inappropriate for a mad monday piss up? Not really. Crass, but people love dark humor. Ricky Gervais can't walk into a room without selling it out.
Inappropriate for a club function? Absolutely. It's the context really.
Amazing how some can’t get this. But it’s easier to just be offended.

Today’s situation focuses on breaching employment contract terms and compliance with NSW employment laws, not "woke" issues. Try and keep up.
You’re muddying the waters. If it’s a breach of employment laws then they should be sacked. Did the giants sanction the function considering no senior member of the Giants staff or management was in attendance or was it a group of mates booked a room and had a get to gather that just happened to work together. And during their holiday break

It’s actually the law, and everyone who attended the work function would have known that some of the behaviour breached their employment contracts.

In New South Wales, work functions are governed by a combination of laws and contractual agreements that ensure employee rights and employer obligations. Key areas include:

1. Employment Contracts: Contracts outline the terms of employment, including job responsibilities, remuneration, and any specific conditions related to work functions, such as attendance at events or compliance with company policies.
  2. Fair Work Act 2009: This federal legislation provides minimum employment standards, including protections against unfair dismissal, rights to request flexible working arrangements, and regulations regarding workplace health and safety.
  3. Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW): Employers must ensure a safe working environment, which extends to work functions. This includes risk assessments and measures to protect employees during events.
  4. Anti-Discrimination Laws: Various laws prohibit discrimination in the workplace, ensuring that all employees are treated fairly and equitably during work functions.
  5. Industrial Relations Legislation: This includes provisions for collective bargaining and agreements, which may cover specific terms related to work functions.
If it's the law why did you quote some try hard influencer?

And by the way, which law was broken?

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back