No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s fair but I think the rules around these things are hard to follow because I remember in the game against Fremantle last year the ball spilled free from a contest (where Dusty was awarded a free) and Bolton kicked a goal but the umpires (seemingly unhappy with that result) recalled it and made Dusty kick from the boundary line (and ultimately miss)
That's how the AFL want it, you can interpret the rules many ways, that way the umpires never make the wrong decision

That is the weakest effort I have ever seen from a team.
You would stop following your side after that
The Giants will lose fans after that wasted season.
Kingsley needs to be put under pressure. Why did they change the way they were playing in the last?
He can't coach/handle tight games.

Unfortunately there's no Richmond 2017-2020 left to obliterate Geelong again. That's what s... me. Swans, Port, Lions all flakey on their day.
Imagine deploying our 2019 team in this finals series… we would beat our 2019 grand final margin. Equalization or better put as dragging everyone down to the common denominator

Brett Daniels, you cost your team the game. Gives away a 50 which results in a goal, then GWS gets a free on the edge of the goal square a certain goal but selfish Daniels decides to take the advantage and misses an off-the-ground kick from 2 meters out. Instead of going back out to a 25-point lead, they are only in front by 19 points.
The Lions kick the next goal, (2 goal turn around) and the lions gain momentum and go on to kick the next 3 to win the game.
He also produced a shit ton of their goals… more a collective bed shit than Daniel’s fault

Amazing how the afl media rave about forwards like Joe Daniher and Charlie Dixon when they are mostly down hill skiers who never achieved anything of substance

He also produced a shit ton of their goals… more a collective bed shit than Daniel’s fault
It was their defence. They started slowing it down, nobody was running to space - so they chipped it around then down the line. Came back with interest every time.
The GWS ruck had a mare in the last, always caught behind.
The little bloke with the helmet Darcy - a mare the whole game. He was fumbling everything and turning it over.
Whitfield was invisible in the last. Callighan the same.

As soon as that hack Keefe missed from in front, I said to the bloke next to me - you watch Brisbane win it from here.

It all comes down to one thing though........GWS are a bunch of softcoks.

It was their defence. They started slowing it down, nobody was running to space - so they chipped it around then down the line. Came back with interest every time.
The GWS ruck had a mare in the last, always caught behind.
The little bloke with the helmet Darcy - a mare the whole game. He was fumbling everything and turning it over.
Whitfield was invisible in the last. Callighan the same.

As soon as that hack Keefe missed from in front, I said to the bloke next to me - you watch Brisbane win it from here.

It all comes down to one thing though........GWS are a bunch of softcoks.
calum Ward can hold his head high..
the rest, can hang there heads
shocking final quarter

There are moments in games that can undo all the good work and that was it not once but twice as it was in a crucial time in the game, the last 7-8 mins in the last. That free from the goal square was a certain goal and would've put them up by 25 points. Pretty much game over. The 50 before that was just stupid no need to do it and lions goaled.

The Giants will lose fans after that wasted season.
Kingsley needs to be put under pressure. Why did they change the way they were playing in the last?
He can't coach/handle tight games.

Jesus give him a break. Giants have lost ther last 3 finals by a total of 12 points. And like 2 of those to the 2 premiers. Giants are doing really well. It is truly a case of fine margins, and fairly stated in their case, a bit of crucial unfair treatement from the umpires late in at least 2 of those matches.

Amazing how the afl media rave about forwards like Joe Daniher and Charlie Dixon when they are mostly down hill skiers who never achieved anything of substance

Joe Daniher has 23 goals 6 goals assists from 10 finals. This compares very favourably with great key forwards of the era. It is well ahead of Jack Riewoldt, Lynch, Hawkins, Josh Kennedy for example. Daniher is playing a bit of ruck as well. Tonight he produced several match-winning contest wins against a great defender. In last years GF he beat Darcy Moore hands down. It is hard to twist that into a player who hasn't achieved anything of substance. Playing well in finals is the best thing any player can do.

Last edited:
Keeffe holds responsibility aswell
his goal kicking was pitiful
can't work out what the Giants are playing him for.. pure hack
The giants are in a good position now. They are getting finals experience, amd they also aren't getting top draft picks in like we weren't from 2017 onwards. It means they can have a settled team, just a few in and out, and preseason to develop more. They are in a good spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’s going to stop Geelong from winning the Premiership?
Sydney who lost by 88 points the last time they played in a final?
Port Adelaide who lost by 84 points the last time they played in a final?
Brisbane that who by 74 points the last time they played in a final?

I won’t be surprised if none of these interstate sides come close. GWS was the last team that could touch them IMO. I don’t hate Geelong unlike many on here, so I’m fine with them winning. But I just don’t see it any other way.
Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

Who’s going to stop Geelong from winning the Premiership?
Sydney who lost by 88 points the last time they played in a final?
Port Adelaide who lost by 84 points the last time they played in a final?
Brisbane that who by 74 points the last time they played in a final?

I won’t be surprised if none of these interstate sides come close. GWS was the last team that could touch them IMO. I don’t hate Geelong unlike many on here, so I’m fine with them winning. But I just don’t see it any other way.
what Happened the last time Sydney played Geelong in a Grand final is irrelevant

Living in Sydney I can tell you that will be a devastating loss for GWS.They have a tiny support base that improves a bit depending on results.
Going into defensive mode during the third quarter was crazy.
There will be some very frustrated players who must have been thinking this was finally going to be their year.
A lot of questions to be asked of the coach.
Next year will be very interesting. If they fail again, I can feel a player exodus coming on.
Cashed up Tigers in a great position to pounce on Cadman.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back