No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Lachie Neale has won 2 Brownlow medals. If he wins a third one tonight, where does that put him in terms of assessing him/ranking him for midfielders/players in modern footy or at least from 2000 onwards?

I mean yes he is a very very good player but I wouldn't have him ahead of Ablett Jnr, Martin, Judd, Dangerfield, Franklin.

Interested in your thoughts..

Neale is a super player who does a fantastic job right under the umpires noses. So 1) he is brilliant, and 2) he does what he does in the role that umpires actually vote for.

If he wins 3 Brownlows it means he is a consistent super high end mid. And that the Brownlow is about flashy midfield performance rather than the player most likely to influence/win games.

Not sure if that is very high praise, or not. We'd love him at the RFC. But also he isn't a player that I feel is a genuine super elite player.

Lachie Neale has won 2 Brownlow medals. If he wins a third one tonight, where does that put him in terms of assessing him/ranking him for midfielders/players in modern footy or at least from 2000 onwards?

I mean yes he is a very very good player but I wouldn't have him ahead of Ablett Jnr, Martin, Judd, Dangerfield, Franklin.

It’s an umpires award, let’s not forget that. Those pricks are as incompetent and corrupt as they come.

Brownlow has been tainted since Raines didn't get a vote despite winning all the media awards.

Better than Bont, Pendles and Fyfe but below Danger.

If he gets a NS too he passes Danger and is eligible to polish Dusty’s shoe

dusty is the last one that actually was the best player in the afl in that season

Dusty 2017 got the big trifecta. Brownlow, Coaches MVP and highest rated player in the competition. Any way you look at it he was the Czar. Might be only 2-3 players in the last 13 years since ratings commenced to be recognised by all 3 as the best player in the comp, ie unified title. Neale has never ever been above about 4th in the AFL Player ratings. So any titles he has won are disputed. Lester Ellis style titles.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back