No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

And people laugh at me when I bring up match fixing

I don’t believe there’s match fixing. But when AFL players cop 11-week suspensions for $5 bets, and here we have the head of the AFL telling his wife (and who knows who else) Bont wasn’t gonna win, surely we have a problem? Who else does he confide results in? What else has he told them? Did he tell a few mates Cripps was heading for 40+ votes that was probably paying 50-1?

It’s staggering that this has become a ‘nothing to see here’ story.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

which coach has the most granny loses? will it be longmire break it if he loses?

The most GF losses amongst coaches:

9 James "Jock" McHale
7 Richard "Dick" Reynolds
5 Frank "Checker" Hughes, Thomas "Tom" Hafey, Allan Jeans
4 Ronald "Ron" Barassi, Michael "Mick" Malthouse, Alphonsus "Phonse" Kyne
3 Kevin Sheedy, John Longmire, Malcolm Blight, Norman "Hackenscmidt" Clarke, Ross Lyon, John "Jack" Bissett, Robert "Bob" Rose

Longmire has a long way to go to get the record, and will have even further to go when he wins on Saturday.

It is amazing of all these guys only Allan Jeans, Kevin Sheedy, John Longmire, Malcolm Blight and Ross Lyon are commonly known by their actual names.

Just a note about the former great coach Frank Hughes. If you didn't refer to him as Frank "Checker" Hughes nobody would have a clue who you were referring to. It suddenly occurred to me what a curious nickname "Checker" is. So I delved.

"By this stage the nickname Checker was already well established, coined by a mate's little sister. Whenever Hughes visited their house, the young girl would beckon him to lift her to see their checkered pigeons by saying: "Checker? Checker?" "

Hmmm...little did she know they were almost certainly spotted doves. Frank "Spotter" Hughes would have been an equally curious and charismatic nickname I feel. Big sliding doors moment in football history then. :)

Last edited:
No matter how bad your day is today, just be thankful that you’re not Taylor Adams.
Sad I Feel Sick GIF

I don’t believe there’s match fixing. But when AFL players cop 11-week suspensions for $5 bets, and here we have the head of the AFL telling his wife (and who knows who else) Bont wasn’t gonna win, surely we have a problem? Who else does he confide results in? What else has he told them? Did he tell a few mates Cripps was heading for 40+ votes that was probably paying 50-1?

It’s staggering that this has become a ‘nothing to see here’ story.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Mate your naive to believe match results aren’t fixed , momentum swings on the back of umpire calls , match fixing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder who has coached the most games without losing a gf

I’d laugh if it was hinkley 😂

The most games coached without losing a Grand Final is in fact.....Damien Hardwick with 314.

The most games coached without reaching a Grand Final is indeed Mr K Hinkley, 259. Brad Scott is a sleeper in this market, only 10 games behind Hinkley, has not even ever beaten a top 4 team in a final(Ken has, twice.)

The most Grand Final losses without winning one, R Lyon 3, B Rose 3.

Don't think this will happen.

However, Mr Bean is a captain ... He could organise our forward movement / structures (did someone say Kmart Podsiadly).

Like JR8 won't be much kack slowing a ball coming out. Kosi way better at this.
I don't mind Mcbean coming in. As captain you would think he has good leadership, and he could also provide his example where for whatever reason his afl career didn't work out, maybe help anyone not as motivated see how quickly it can be taken away. Surely mcbean is better than the last rookie list spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back