No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t believe there’s match fixing. But when AFL players cop 11-week suspensions for $5 bets, and here we have the head of the AFL telling his wife (and who knows who else) Bont wasn’t gonna win, surely we have a problem? Who else does he confide results in? What else has he told them? Did he tell a few mates Cripps was heading for 40+ votes that was probably paying 50-1?

It’s staggering that this has become a ‘nothing to see here’ story.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
the bookies favourite won the brownlow in 2024.
2022 Neale was favourite and didn't win it.
2023 Daicos, Cripps favourites. Neale won it.

put the house on the brownlow fave winning and you are already homeless.

AFL know the winner no doubt.

There could be people who dodgiy cleaned up on the big Cripps win.

Hopefully Dillon's on big enough a wage not to be tempted to be dodgy. The missus is a doggies fan, so speaking as a fan.
Given that you can bet on TOP 5, & that BONT came 4th & was leading Dogs vote getter, Dillon's red carpet comment
BONT not in the mix with leading contenders. Define leading

How Stephenson got caught I'll never know. Did you see Dillon or his wife, or friends placing bets.

end of the day the AFL make a % off every bet laid.

Last edited:
the bookies favourite won the brownlow in 2024.
2022 Neale was favourite and didn't win it.
2023 Daicos, Cripps favourites. Neale won it.

put the house on the brownlow fave winning and you are already homeless.

AFL know the winner no doubt.

There could be people who dodgiy cleaned up on the big Cripps win.

Hopefully Dillon's on big enough a wage not to be tempted to be dodgy. The missus is a doggies fan, so speaking as a fan.
Given that you can bet on TOP 5, & that BONT came 4th & was leading Dogs vote getter, Dillon's red carpet comment
BONT not in the mix with leading contenders. Define leading

How Stephenson got caught I'll never know. Did you see Dillon or his wife, or friends placing bets.

end of the day the AFL make a % off every bet laid.

I know a lot about sports betting and in particular corruption in sports betting. I made a living betting on sports here and in the UK for 20 years.

If anybody thinks there are people in the know who clean up the bookies by placing bets on the Brownlow winner or top 5 finishes etc they don't understand how small these markets are and how sensitive the bookmakers are to substantial bets. I mean if you tried to have $1m on Patrick Cripps to win the Brownlow at his odds you wouldn't even get $50k of that on without major ructions in the markets. If you and very few others knew in advance he was going to get favourable voting across the year and could bet on him week by week using different account identities across multiple bookies, you might be able to hide a 6 figure stake that way. But if Cripps does an ACL in rd 12 you have been wiped out. Co-ordinating this would involve a cartel of umpires being involved at the very least. So it is unlikely.

Where you could profit heavily and it could be hidden is if you were a bookmaker in the know. If the volume of money being bet on players would normally see Cripps offered at $3.50 and Daicos at $2.00 then you offer both at $2.20 and collect a lot more on Daicos(and other players) than you lose on Cripps. But this also requires quite a few different conspirators. I know people who work and have worked for leading bookmakers eg Sportsbet, where they are responsible for setting odds, accepting and rejecting bets etc. Not one of them has ever told me they were ever instructed to set wrong odds in this way, nor that they have ever seen any evidence of this happening. In any event, a bookmaker doing this that was radically different in price to the rest of the market would stand out like dog's bollocks.

These guys running all this stuff are playing a much bigger and safer game than corrupt betting activity. The media, the AFL and the betting companies are all feeding each other in a huge legal gravy train where nobody can get put in jail for being deceptive lying campaigners only interested in enriching themselves.

Cricket betting, well that is a very different matter. Because most televised matches will have US$1b+ bet on them in and through the illegal Indian markets. So there is a lot more scope to corrupt people and a lot more resources available to ensure it is kept quiet.

I know a lot about sports betting and in particular corruption in sports betting. I made a living betting on sports here and in the UK for 20 years.

If anybody thinks there are people in the know who clean up the bookies by placing bets on the Brownlow winner or top 5 finishes etc they don't understand how small these markets are and how sensitive the bookmakers are to substantial bets. I mean if you tried to have $1m on Patrick Cripps to win the Brownlow at his odds you wouldn't even get $50k of that on without major ructions in the markets. If you and very few others knew in advance he was going to get favourable voting across the year and could bet on him week by week using different account identities across multiple bookies, you might be able to hide a 6 figure stake that way. But if Cripps does an ACL in rd 12 you have been wiped out. Co-ordinating this would involve a cartel of umpires being involved at the very least. So it is unlikely.

Where you could profit heavily and it could be hidden is if you were a bookmaker in the know. If the volume of money being bet on players would normally see Cripps offered at $3.50 and Daicos at $2.00 then you offer both at $2.20 and collect a lot more on Daicos(and other players) than you lose on Cripps. But this also requires quite a few different conspirators. I know people who work and have worked for leading bookmakers eg Sportsbet, where they are responsible for setting odds, accepting and rejecting bets etc. Not one of them has ever told me they were ever instructed to set wrong odds in this way, nor that they have ever seen any evidence of this happening. In any event, a bookmaker doing this that was radically different in price to the rest of the market would stand out like dog's bollocks.

These guys running all this stuff are playing a much bigger and safer game than corrupt betting activity. The media, the AFL and the betting companies are all feeding each other in a huge legal gravy train where nobody can get put in jail for being deceptive lying campaigners only interested in enriching themselves.

Cricket betting, well that is a very different matter. Because most televised matches will have US$1b+ bet on them in and through the illegal Indian markets. So there is a lot more scope to corrupt people and a lot more resources available to ensure it is kept quiet.
What about formula 1? Fixed or not?

The most games coached without losing a Grand Final is in fact.....Damien Hardwick with 314.

The most games coached without reaching a Grand Final is indeed Mr K Hinkley, 259. Brad Scott is a sleeper in this market, only 10 games behind Hinkley, has not even ever beaten a top 4 team in a final(Ken has, twice.)

The most Grand Final losses without winning one, R Lyon 3, B Rose 3.
Brad Scott made two Prelims coaching North, so he definitely would've beaten two top 4 teams in a Semi Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I know very little bout F1.

MotoGP on the other hand....can tell you what tyres Jack Miller uses, who Pecco is dating, and why The Beast is a very naughty boy and who Senor Marc will be riding for next year. :)
I got into moto gp in the Wayne Gardner, Mick Doohan days. When it was on TV here. Rode motor bikes around Melbourne a bit. The on bike cameras bring it to life.

On sports betting. Saw a docco of a US College basketball gambling ~ where the main team shooter who could manipulate results ~ even close losses, got greedy and got busted soon enough.

The Australian Tennis Open was used illegally for global betting. Even a local Qld game got fixed. No teams involved so matches fixed easily.

Table tennis player match fixed in Europe.

AFL, being a unique sport might be a blessing as far as integrity goes

CORRECT WEIGHT MOONEE VALLEY ! CORRECT WEIGHT MOONEE VALLEY ! CORRECT WEIGHT MOONEE VALLEY !

give this crusty old man horses to bet on.

Did they have a 5yo competition or something?
think they just rejigged their original logo from the 90s

images

IMG_9545.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back