No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Idun getting fined for playing Django from the movie

So cfl is standing against a hero black man being portrayed who was free from slavery

Absolute malakes šŸ¤£

I reckon if it wasnā€™t for the other questionable roleplays, that would never have even been looked at.

You have zero evidence but major feels. Poor baby.

There is a lot of evidence made publicly available to us through what was reported in the Stengle case. It is suspicious enough to warrant a full investigation followed by a comprehensive public statement by the AFL. If what was reported was wrong then Stengle, Geelong FC and the AFL should/would have corrected it.

And for those saying the AFL cannot get access to Stengle's medical records surrounding this incident....Stengle himself can, and they should be able to demand he produce them.

As for the bad taste costumes. You could as easily argue the players in wearing those costumes are doing so in recognition of the fact it is in bad taste. That is, they are not promoting the actions of the wrongdoers, but rather recognising they were wrong.

When I was much younger I was investigated over silly allegations of blokey behaviour in the workplace. There wasn't much substance to the allegations, they were largely vexatious. But my general behaviour was overall a bit blokey. It was pointed out to me by those investigating there are people of diverse cultures and backgrounds in the workplace and I should be careful that they are not alienated by my behaviour.(There was never any question of me discriminating against people.) As part of my defence I said I am a man. I was raised in a poor neighbourhood, and it was a pretty rough place. There was a large focus on sport, a lot of bullying behaviour, and a lot of blokey behaviour. What makes my background and preferences any less legitimate than the next person's if I am not discriminating against anyone or committing any other actual wrong or harm to them? Everybody comes from some background that influences their behaviours and preferences.

The real question here should be whether the players were somehow promoting or supporting or celebrating certain distasteful and/or illegal behaviour with their costumes/skits. If they were, it is reasonnable to expect people to be offended, and they should be sanctioned. If they weren't, then any offence would be caused by misunderstanding, and it might come more to the question of whether the players could have anticipated this misunderstanding. But we are in some cases here talking about very young men whose brains haven't fully developed.

Last edited:

There is a lot of evidence made publicly available to us through what was reported in the Stengle case. It is suspicious enough to warrant a full investigation followed by a comprehensive public statement by the AFL. If what was reported was wrong then Stengle, Geelong FC and the AFL should/would have corrected it.

And for those saying the AFL cannot get access to Stengle's medical records surrounding this incident....Stengle himself can, and they should be able to demand he produce them.

As for the bad taste costumes. You could as easily argue the players in wearing those costumes are doing so in recognition of the fact it is in bad taste. That is, they are not promoting the actions of the wrongdoers, but rather recognising they were wrong.

When I was much younger I was investigated over silly allegations of blokey behaviour in the workplace. There wasn't much substance to the allegations, they were largely vexatious. But my general behaviour was overall a bit blokey. It was pointed out to me by those investigating there are people of diverse cultures and backgrounds in the workplace and I should be careful that they are not alienated by my behaviour.(There was never any question of me discriminating against people.) As part of my defence I said I am a man. I was raised in a poor neighbourhood, and it was a pretty rough place. There was a large focus on sport, a lot of bullying behaviour, and a lot of blokey behaviour. What makes my background and preferences any less legitimate than the next person's if I am not discriminating against anyone or committing any other actual wrong or harm to them? Everybody comes from some background that influences their behaviours and preferences.

The real question here should be whether the players were somehow promoting or supporting or celebrating certain distasteful and/or illegal behaviour with their costumes/skits. If they were, it is reasonnable to expect people to be offended, and they should be sanctioned. If they weren't, then ay offence would be caused by misunderstanding, and it might come more to the question of whether the players could have aticipated this misunderstanding. But we are in some cases here talking about very young men whose brains haven't fully developed.
They were clearly doing this as a bad taste joke, not celebrating depravity. It's a staple of Mad Mondays across the country. There are netflix comedy specials on par with this sort of content. There are worse South Park episodes. Who are the AFL to say that they can't perform parodical comedy in a private setting? Censorship and corporate dictatorship is far worse.

Idun getting fined for playing Django from the movie

So cfl is standing against a hero black man being portrayed who was free from slavery

Absolute malakes šŸ¤£
make Dill watch the taranto collection as a movie marathon. in reverse order.... no sleeping.
Then Sin City & from Dusk to Dawn.
then give google slideshow to the board.

punishment served

They were clearly doing this as a bad taste joke, not celebrating depravity. It's a staple of Mad Mondays across the country. There are netflix comedy specials on par with this sort of content. There are worse South Park episodes. Who are the AFL to say that they can't perform parodical comedy in a private setting? Censorship and corporate dictatorship is far worse.
If the skits were performed in a player's loungeroom then that's PRIVATE. (still highly likely to be secretly filmed by a phone) AFL players in PUBLIC at a venue with CCTV, venue staff being offended. No accounting for thresh hold to OFFENCE. Maybe a female offended at rape skit, maybe an Arabian person offended by 9/11. A non AFL watching person may've been offended by the Idun skit.

The players obviously planned it in PRIVATE delivered it very publicly. Probably half pissed

5k fines. 6 game suspension 2025 for a nobody player, fair enough

If the skits were performed in a player's loungeroom then that's PRIVATE. (still highly likely to be secretly filmed by a phone) AFL players in PUBLIC at a venue with CCTV, venue staff being offended. No accounting for thresh hold to OFFENCE. Maybe a female offended at rape skit, maybe an Arabian person offended by 9/11. A non AFL watching person may've been offended by the Idun skit.

The players obviously planned it in PRIVATE delivered it very publicly. Probably half pissed

5k fines. 6 game suspension 2025 for a nobody player, fair enough
It wasn't an open mic night. The players booked out a space at a venue. You reckon offending someone with an off colour joke is on par with lining someone up off the square and taking their head off?

Haha I posted the CfL picture in a comment on the Fox Footy Facebook page and it got deleted by Facebook as not adhering to community standards , Fox Footy has jumped the shark

It wasn't an open mic night. The players booked out a space at a venue. You reckon offending someone with an off colour joke is on par with lining someone up off the square and taking their head off?
Question would be, were any of the bar staff consulted and asking if they are uncomfortable with any of the topics that might be part of the event? If they haven't done that, then they are taking a pretty big risk (which didn't pay off) that anyone they interacted with is going to be cool with controversial/edgy topics. You can't call it a completely private event in that case. It only takes one person to complain and here we are.

You can only compare off field incidents...Bolton & Rioli 20k & a few games.

AFL players sign up to a code of conduct I guess, bringing the game into disrepute covers everything.

TBH I think its a huge publicity for the giants in NRL HQ west Sydney.

No such thing as bad publicity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Stengle one was so weird I thought maybe there was no drugs and he was just totally hammered and the AFL decided punishing players for being drunk was going to be a bridge too far but then thereā€™s no way heā€™s training just days later after being that hammered

No offense, but educate yourself. Iā€™m not here to go through a line-by-line analysis of your evidence-free speculations.

Iā€™ve got better things to do, like earning a living.

If some of you want to white knight for someone who re-enacted a rape, feel free to knock yourselves out. But itā€™s a strange hill to die on.
I think you have misread that people questioning the AFLā€™s jurisdiction and subsequent actions , not the act of the players which Iā€™d assume most are speculating on the facts of what actually occurred .

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back