No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone ever seen Jeff and Davros together in the same room?
victory GIF by Doctor Who

I had never seen Jeff and Caro in the same room until this.

They could have produced some mighty fine offspring.

Now I know I’m not especially bright, I don’t get the apologists for Heeney. Can someone tell me what’s so different between these two incidents!’

Yellow sash

Exactly what I thought when I saw the Heeney vision. 1 week because Webster wasn't knocked out. Surprised they didn't cite the "potential to cause injury" and increase the ban.
Potential to cause injury has only been used once …….Dustin Martin

Did the Tim Kelly trade kill Simpsons prospects??

He has had injuries and their form has been iffy

What West Coast does is up to them but it seems to me coaches including Yze need to consider if the Kelly trade and situation brought Simpson down along with West Coast in terms of overrating their situation?

The point being going to the draft might be more viable for Yze and not ignoring the youngsters and their growth

Simpson with one of the better exit pressers...
I loved his subtle jabs to Pyke and then the WA media.
How rude was that reporter who asked if the club will be chasing Dean Cox to be the next coach? LOL Simpson was sitting in the seat still in his farewell press conference.

Jeff is such a politician and Carro is right to interrupt. Jeff's pride got in the way and is still clinging on to power

thought he gave her a good run in the end,didnt start off to good but he made some solid points,avoided the first question so he lost points there but he regathered n Lloyd very smart to not get involved, got 4 flags in his time n Lloyd knows thats what the capers all about

make no mistake hes a campaigner who got results n at the end of the day thats all that matters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did the Tim Kelly trade kill Simpsons prospects??

He has had injuries and their form has been iffy

What West Coast does is up to them but it seems to me coaches including Yze need to consider if the Kelly trade and situation brought Simpson down along with West Coast in terms of overrating their situation?

The point being going to the draft might be more viable for Yze and not ignoring the youngsters and their growth

All team lists have an expiration date. Where covid bonded our list in 2020 to grab that back to back flag, covid hub did the opposite to West coast. In hindsight it took a year off their window and then the year after having all those injuries it was the beginning of the end.

We are kind of going through it now, when you have a team full of premiership players it's hard to let them go, you do feel obliged to give them another chance. The problem with our game it constantly changes. It would be unfair to pinpoint that Kelly trade as one issue, it was a culmination of a range of things.

Last edited:
All team lists have an expiration date. Where covid bonded our list in 2020 to grab that back to back flag, covid hub did the opposite to West coast. In hindsight it took a year off their window and then the year after having all those injuries it was the beginning of the end.

We are kind of going through it now, when you have a team full of premiership players it's hard to let them go, you do feel obliged to give them another chance. The problem with our game it is constantly changes. It would be unfair to pinpoint that Kelly trade as one issue, it was a culmination of a range of things.

Nah, it is not just the Kelly trade but it was a symptom of overrating where they where at and misjudging the direction they needed to take.

Us at RFC, we need to go to the draft. Yze needs to see his friend and chance is through the draft, get best available and give himself and the players and the development some time, not forever, but some time.

This is why I am happy where we are at because we are about to shake a draft hand that gives us the best chance to win our next premiership

as for list expiration it depends on the list, make up of the list, some of our current list could well see one premiership, some hopefully more, others, maybe not. Lists modify and evolve all they time

Nah, it is not just the Kelly trade but it was a symptom of overrating where they where at and misjudging the direction they needed to take.

Us at RFC, we need to go to the draft. Yze needs to see his friend and chance is through the draft, get best available and give himself and the players and the development some time, not forever, but some time

I'd like to agree but i don't think at that particular time they were overrating their list. They were one of our major opponents we faced for about 3 seasons.

I think if there is a warning it's don't go trading in high quality players using draft picks, you need to go through free agency. If you do go down that trade path then make sure you're near the bottom so they can't demand some ridiculous price.

I'd like to agree but i don't think at that particular time they were overrating their list. They were one of our major opponents we faced for about 3 seasons.

I think if there is a warning it's don't go trading in high quality players using draft picks, you need to go through free agency. If you do go down that trade path them, make sure you're near the bottom so they can't demand some ridiculous price.

Agree, but they just pipped Collingwood in 2018, they where not dominant.

The Kelly trade never made sense to me in terms of the investment outlayed.

Excess is a dangerous move, very dangerous, chipping here an there seeking value is far smarter. most upside is from the draft

Simpson was a great coach to actually get them to win in 2019. Eagles where not dominant through the period, they just won on the day, at the right time, timed to perfection, played well and deserved it but they where never a super team

Agree, but they just pipped Collingwood in 2018, they where not dominant.

The Kelly trade never made sense to me in terms of the investment outlayed.

Excess is a dangerous move, very dangerous, chipping here an there seeking value is far smarter. most upside is from the draft

Simpson was a great coach to actually get them to win in 2019. Eagles where not dominant through the period, they just won on the day, at the right time, timed to perfection, played well and deserved it but they where never a super team
Cats bent them over at the trade table when the guy wanted to come home to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back