No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If fold coast are dangling 2 first rounders for Rioli we should be taking it and run we will not get a better offer than that for a 28 year old
Absolutely. As another poster said, Rioli has looked like he is playing through severe ankle pain, but doing his role fantastically.

I reckon he may he not have much more than 2-3 seasons left in him.

Two firsts would be a massive win for us.

Absolutely. As another poster said, Rioli has looked like he is playing through severe ankle pain, but doing his role fantastically.

3 or gtfo

contracted till 2027

I'll drive him to the airport myself if that happens
Suns will be desperate for ready made quality players not draft picks, they can't contue to go nowhere , so if they want Rioli they will have to pay a premium.

I agree 100%. To me that's a gold mine deal. Best we get as many high/high-ish draft picks as possible because when the new Tassie team enter the competition, they'll probably get the same draft concessions and assistance that Gold Coast and GWS recieved.

I know this season has been frustrating for the club and especially for Richmond supporters, but we as a supporter group...we just need to stick fat and stick together. There could be a silver lining to this season...we are struggling now but could be set up with a big hand come draft time. That's the only way for us as a club to move forward to potential/hopeful Premiership success.

I'm sure the club knows this, they know where they are at as a club, they know this season was a write off from the start, they know they need high draft picks.

Bring on the draft (and next few drafts). Time to focus on the future....it is the only way forward.
You're right and people are sticking fat but that shouldn't mean the club should be immune from criticism for some of the shit going on this year.

I'll drive him to the airport myself if that happens
Suns will be desperate for ready made quality players not draft picks, they can't contue to go nowhere , so if they want Rioli they will have to pay a premium.

But if GC are not willing to pay ridiculous overs, are people genuinely suggesting we refuse for example pick 7 for Rioli - which is a more than reasonable trade and still over the odds?

We can dig our heels in, but I don’t believe we should turn our backs on a top-7 pick for Rioli (Ps. I think GC will offer 7 plus change).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What else does Dumma want? They need a shitload more than Rioli
Dumma doing his best with the new toys to demonstrate that Dan should stay at the Tiges.

Over Here in the West the reporting is...

JGTI to the West for free.
Bolton to most likely Freo but on our terms. (please include Freo's strength and conditioning head)
Baker most likely to WCE for their first pick (Bakes wants to guarantee a good deal for the Tiges if he leaves).

From departing list this, important that Dan stays as IMO Tiges need some solid experienced players. Dan got good Tiges culture too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumma doing his best with the new toys to demonstrate that Dan should stay at the Tiges.

Over Here in the West the reporting is...

JGTI to the West for free.
Bolton to most likely Freo but on our terms. (please include Freo's strength and conditioning head)
Baker most likely to WCE for their first pick (Bakes wants to guarantee a good deal for the Tiges if he leaves).

From departing list this, important that Dan stays as IMO Tiges need some solid experienced players. Dan got good Tiges culture too.
WC 1st pick for baker seems overs, more likely the pick they get for Barrass

But if GC are not willing to pay ridiculous overs, are people genuinely suggesting we refuse for example pick 7 for Rioli - which is a more than reasonable trade and still over the odds?

We can dig our heels in, but I don’t believe we should turn our backs on a top-7 pick for Rioli (Ps. I think GC will offer 7 plus change).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Look at it this way, GC are potentially in the window over the next 3-4 years if, if they can get their shit together.
Pick 7 won't hit their prime for 2-3 year, so frkm that point of view Rioli is worth every bit of pick 7.
If we then pay part of his wage and a later pick back we should easily get another decent pick off them.
We hold the cards, start high with two first rounders and negotiate from there.
This is all dependent on Rioli actually wanting to leave as I think it sets a shit culture when you start pushing players like him out the door.
We push him out and MRJ may want to follow soon also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back