No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Dave Astbury also took Tex Walker, Jeremy Finlayson and Porky Porkins to the cleaners in 3 grand finals 💕
Actually, it was Rance who took Tex apart in '17, and pretty sure it was Grimes on Cameron in '19. Astbury played on Jenkins and Finlayson. He conceded 0 goals in 3 grand finals.

I’ve always thought it was only Houlis’ inaccuracy that went against him that day. I think he kicked something like 1 goal 3 behinds. If he had converted even one more of the behinds he’d have won. Super player Bachar.
Yep. Was just as good in the 2019 GF too, but Dusty was just a bit better.

Actually, it was Rance who took Tex apart in '17, and pretty sure it was Grimes on Cameron in '19. Astbury played on Jenkins and Finlayson. He conceded 0 goals in 3 grand finals.
those three were so tuned in with each other, that they could play swapsies when they felt like it
and the defence would not miss a beat. that connection has been sadly missing with our team in the past few years.

Groupie is proved to be correct.
It should be an all-interstate top four.
I don't mind if the dogs scrape into the top 4. I reckon they're the only Victorian side who can win it.

those three were so tuned in with each other, that they could play swapsies when they felt like it
and the defence would not miss a beat. that connection has been sadly missing with our team in the past few years.
I honestly believe that the backline we had, particularly 2017-19, was the best I've ever seen. Rance, Astbury, Grimes, Vlastuin, Broad, Houli.

That's an unbelievable back 6.

I honestly believe that the backline we had, particularly 2017-19, was the best back I've ever seen. Rance, Astbury, Grimes, Vlastuin, Broad, Houli.

Conceded 22 goals in 3 finals in 2017.

Conceded 20 goals in 3 finals in 2019.

Conceded 29 goals in 4 finals in 2020.

Basically 71 goals conceded in 9.2 full length finals equivalent in the flag years at 7.7 goals per finals match in the 3 flag years. No team has defended better than that ever in the history of the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically 71 goals conceded in 9.2 full length finals equivalent in the flag years at 7.7 goals per finals match in the 3 flag years. No team has defended better than that ever in the history of the competition.
far ken stunning,never once mentioned by the medja

yep another thing that annoyed gill and hocking so much they schemed, lied and cheated by changing the game to halt our dynasty by making up new stupid rules that suited their pet team/s and disadvantage us.

A glorious result GWS winning … means the Pies finals chances are basically cooked and means Cats top-4 hopes took a dive. Not to
mention the ‘selfie’ homeboys knocked out of contention
emoji41.png

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was a pleasure to watch our defence at their peak. Knew what the other was doing and knew when to cover for each other.

So many good blokes in that '90's norf team.
You wonder why the AFL continues to support North. Barry Cable a convicted paedophile. Wayne Carey being Wayne Carey, Glen Arch hitting a junior umpire. King driving around at 0.1 having a crash then getting back into the car and driving off. Adam Simpson and Daniel Pratt and their offensive chicken video in 2009 and of course Tarryn Thomas. This club is a trash club that attracts trash. I've said it before, resurrect the old West Melbourne football club (the side that North Melbourne took over and shut down) and pick 40 players from Bulldogs and North then shut down those two clubs. If nothing else, it will halve the cost to the AFL bigger clubs

I've said it before, resurrect the old West Melbourne football club (the side that North Melbourne took over and shut down) and pick 40 players from Bulldogs and North then shut down those two clubs. If nothing else, it will halve the cost to the AFL bigger clubs
So which 5 norf players are you picking?

2017 was epic. Cats in QF their lowest score of the season, GWS in PF their second lowest score of the season, Adelaide in GF their lowest score of the season.

You wonder why the AFL continues to support North. Barry Cable a convicted paedophile. Wayne Carey being Wayne Carey, Glen Arch hitting a junior umpire. King driving around at 0.1 having a crash then getting back into the car and driving off. Adam Simpson and Daniel Pratt and their offensive chicken video in 2009 and of course Tarryn Thomas. This club is a trash club that attracts trash. I've said it before, resurrect the old West Melbourne football club (the side that North Melbourne took over and shut down) and pick 40 players from Bulldogs and North then shut down those two clubs. If nothing else, it will halve the cost to the AFL bigger clubs

Is the King 0.1 thing well known fact, as I hadn’t heard it before..?? Or a BF rumour?

The players/plaintiffs are claiming in the Federal Court action that the Hawthorn Football Club did not do enough to oppose booing of Adam Goodes.
Footy fans in general booed Goodes, not the club itself.:think:
A crazy ambit claim, looks like a fishing expedition to sue.

I honestly believe that the backline we had, particularly 2017-19, was the best I've ever seen. Rance, Astbury, Grimes, Vlastuin, Broad, Houli.

It is actually ridiculous how stacked that backline was. We lost Rance, one of the best ever to do it and we still went on to win two in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back